Please MN Towers - sort out the app!!

(60 Posts)
Selks Thu 28-Feb-13 18:49:42

When oh when (wrings hands) are you going to sort out the horrible glitchy app, dear Mumsnet people?
It still repeats the same half dozen convos over and over ad infinitum.
You said YONKS ago that you were going to look at it - so whassappenin'?
Yeess I know the mobile site is available... But on 3G or whatever it's easier to go straight to an app.
(Taps fingers impatiently ....)

smokeybacon Mon 18-Mar-13 20:04:42

Updated my app today. Wish I hadn't. The old app worked just fine. This one is pants. Anything from the techy ones yet? I can't tell because the app is crap (see what I did there!!?)

Selks Sat 09-Mar-13 18:32:29

Total silence from MNHQ on this now. I know they've got their work cut out with the spammer issues but still........

barefootwalker Sat 09-Mar-13 10:33:54

Strawberry you are a star! I have wasted so much time scrolling through for ages! Thank you

Barefoot if you just need to get to the end of your antenatal thread then 'flip' it. Top right had corner press it and it gives you options flip being one of them and then you can start from the end smile

barefootwalker Sat 09-Mar-13 08:09:32

I also gave an iPhone and am driven mad by the app. The thing I find most frustrating is when I'm reading a long thread or trying to catch up on my ante natal thread (so need to get to the latest of several hundred posts) that it takes so long and gets lost. Could the threads be broken into "chapters" of 100 and there be tabs at the beginning of the thread that allows you to jump forward? So a tab for "100+", "200+" etc.

Shaky Sun 03-Mar-13 23:44:48

I meant, yy not type. Fecking autocorrect

Cheddars Sun 03-Mar-13 23:36:21

Not if it's like this one SP'sfanjo grin

Shaky Sun 03-Mar-13 23:34:52

I have the same problem on iPhone.

Type to just giving thing, I only have to look at it and I am redirected. It gets on my nerves

Id like an app for the windows phone if possible

Cheddars Sun 03-Mar-13 23:29:43

Worryingly, I seem to recall MNHQ saying that Vodafone developed the app and that they were dependant on Vodafone for updates/fixes etc.

onyx72 Sun 03-Mar-13 23:22:33

I have this problem on Android.

readyforno2 Sun 03-Mar-13 23:20:59

I have the same problems on iPhone too.
Also, really annoying when you can't read the whole titles.

Selks Sun 03-Mar-13 23:08:40

Bumping for Tech update....

InVeryveryBadTaste Sat 02-Mar-13 22:50:11

oh my goodness YES to all the above - the same 6/7 threads repeating all the time, bloody pressing just giving and message poster all the bloody time and my fingers are not that big!!!

Actually gave up this afternoon and went and talked to my DH instead of reading MN on the app - I would not like this to be the way of things to come!

Selks Sat 02-Mar-13 22:46:28

The repeating threads seems a bit better today - more threads are showing - but some are still repeating.

Tech - any update on progress?

Selks Sat 02-Mar-13 22:45:09

I thought the justgiving thing was just me! It's very annoying that it just opens sometimes without it having been touched.

mama04 Sat 02-Mar-13 21:20:00

I've only ever been on mn on iPhone and I thought it was just me blushblushblush lol

DrinkFeckArseGirls Sat 02-Mar-13 20:30:52

Me too. That was before all the posts disappeared... hmm

popsnsqeeze Sat 02-Mar-13 19:01:39

I'm having the same problems on my iPhone. Very annoying

andadietcoke Sat 02-Mar-13 18:56:25

Same problems for me on iPhone. Also PMs - if they're longer than a certain number of characters I can't read the end, and often don't have the option to reply etc - the button bar is just blank - have to close and reopen the app to get them back.

DTisMYdoctor Sat 02-Mar-13 18:52:57

All the same problems here too. The scrolling space on the iPhone app is just way too small too when you're on a thread, there's not much more than 50% of the screen that scrolls, which is why I'm constantly catching the just giving ad I think.

Wolfcub Sat 02-Mar-13 18:52:14

the just giving thing drives me mad to o and the fact that you can't scroll smoothly down the active threads screen. stickies don't appear at all and there is no hide or spam function on the android app

MooncupGoddess Sat 02-Mar-13 18:49:36

yy re jumping to the Justgiving page even if you don't click on it.

And my Active list starts with six stickied threads from late Nov when the app was launched, they have never updated.

Same problems here with iPhone.

tharsheblows Sat 02-Mar-13 18:47:49

Could you use the mobile site instead? I find that pretty easy to use and it looks much cleaner. Just go to Active Convos on your phone then make a bookmark to put on your screen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now