Addictions topic

(17 Posts)

Hi there,
This has been asked before (not by me) so apologies if it's been asked more than once, but I'm at a loss as to why you can't provide an addictions topic on a site that is to support Parents?

There has been a thing on TV about pain killer addictions, brave babes battle bus is in relationships, people are dependent on anti-depressents, prescription drugs, as well as hard drugs, and of course alcohol.

The answer from you guys I read last time, was condescending at best.

With such a massive problem, why doesn't it have it's own topic?

And smoking!!! (shameless bump!)

dothraki Tue 26-Feb-13 11:23:30

Libertine I think that is a very good idea smile
Maybe a few rude words would set off the klaxons grin

Reckon?........

ahem....... Can we have a fucking cunty addictions topic puleeeeeaaaase MNHQ???

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 26-Feb-13 12:13:28

<runs in with Anti-Swears spray>

Thanks for this - in general we would hope that our General Health topic would give space for these sorts of threads, but we will have a think.

yes, please do, I know from personal experience how helpful support can be day to day, and there's a lot of people on here with lots of problems, thanks.

dothraki Tue 26-Feb-13 12:39:12

Well done Libers !!!

TitHead Tue 26-Feb-13 12:43:34

That's a great idea. I have a brother with addiction issues and it would be great to chat and vent etc to people going through similar.

Definitely, and like the rest of MN, there's always an expert on here, who could help countless people, the whole family is affected by one persons problems, and I don't honestly think 'general health' would be a place people would feel comfortable enough to kick it off.

dothraki Tue 26-Feb-13 13:04:39

Or at least someone who thinks their an expert grin

Yes! An MN expert smile

dothraki Tue 26-Feb-13 14:32:22

Now you need to come up with a good name for it - Noelheadbands has just come up with Karkers Corner for an Obituary Section
<waits anxiously for smart response>

Addicts Annex? I really don't think they'll give us one, and it really makes me wonder why, think there's a knitters corner or something, skiiers topic, Christmas has it's own topic ffs, but a massive problem, that affects millions, is not worthy? don't get it.

dothraki Tue 26-Feb-13 16:22:45

Well we could just keep this thread going until they get mighty sick of it.
Or maybe its a government plot - they are worried about lost revenue if mnhq don't get the regular supplies of gin grin

yes, government, it'll be them!! I like gin (bit too much?) but I see people on random threads discussing childrens addictions, or family members, and think it's crazy we don't have any place for that, the battle bus (which is HUGE, and that I am on!!) is in relationships, how can that be right? There is a demand where's the supply?!

cheers dothraki for helping me be a pain in MNHQs arse!! grin

dothraki Tue 26-Feb-13 16:31:26

Thats OK I quite enjoy being a pain in the arse
<here - have a glass of sloe gin left over from Christmas>

Mmmm sloe gin, lovely ta, think they'll ever come back with an answer? or just leave us to drink ourselves to death?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now