My Kindle Fire hates Mumsnet!!

(25 Posts)
KateSMumsnet Cameroon (MNHQ) Sat 23-Feb-13 18:01:47

<flicks rapidly through the MN handbook>

Er, not really sure why it's happening. Sorry.

We'll try reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. If that doesn't work we'll ask tech.

Tee2072 Sat 23-Feb-13 14:30:32

Oh I already had a Google account so I didn't remember that you needed one!

Not sure why MN doesn't like Silk or vice versa, but I agree it really doesn't. Then again, I think Silk is useless anyway except for reading! It's pretty sad that Kindle's own browser doesn't work very well on their machine.

Other than that, I luffs my Kindle!

wigglesrock Germany Sat 23-Feb-13 14:06:33

It's done, I hope. I had to open a Google email account and link the Kindle to it. To be honest I almost had the Kindle fucked through the window at one point so I left it to more patient hands. Was a bit of a palaver tbh

Again thank you Tee

wigglesrock Germany Sat 23-Feb-13 12:45:53

Ok is proving a little more complicated than I thought, off to give it a shake and turn it off and on that'll work won't it? grin

wigglesrock Germany Sat 23-Feb-13 12:37:06

I'm in the middle of doing it I'll let you know.

Sorry Tee2072 meant to get back to you - thanks, let you know how it goes.

KateSMumsnet but whhhhhhyyyyy is it happening? Is it a thing? - technical term a glitch grin It really is only MN it happens on so far.

KateSMumsnet Cameroon (MNHQ) Sat 23-Feb-13 12:24:38

Tee2072

You need to go to settings, apps, and check 'allow 3rd party apps'.

Then go to that link, from Silk on your Fire, and Chrome should be on the front page of the Apps. Select it, click install and viola! Chrome on the Fire.

Thank god someone knows what they're doing.

Do that work for you guys?

Tee2072 Fri 22-Feb-13 18:13:20

You need to go to settings, apps, and check 'allow 3rd party apps'.

Then go to that link, from Silk on your Fire, and Chrome should be on the front page of the Apps. Select it, click install and viola! Chrome on the Fire.

bran Fri 22-Feb-13 18:05:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wigglesrock Germany Fri 22-Feb-13 18:05:07

Mine is a Fire HD

ProlificWillyBreeder Fri 22-Feb-13 18:03:22

How do you get chrome on a fire Tee? What do I need up download? ( I will need help!)

Tee2072 Fri 22-Feb-13 17:34:08

Mine's been fine. What browser are you using? Is it a Fire or a Fire HD?

I use Chrome which I got from a third party ebook site, Good eReader App site, as it isn't available at Amazon. It works much better than Silk.

wigglesrock Germany Fri 22-Feb-13 16:35:17

Thanks, just to let you know I was able to use it until 7.10am this morning but haven't been able to since and have just tried again. I can get to Mumsnet page but then the text on the screen goes slightly less sharp and the message appears.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 22-Feb-13 09:30:08

Ok. This is odd.

We'll see if we can find a Kindle Fire and work out what's happening.

Sorry, folks. Sounds v annoying.

usualsuspect Fri 22-Feb-13 07:41:57

Main topic page still only half loads,and I can't access anything from there.

h313n Fri 22-Feb-13 07:41:35

I don't have a kindle fire but I have problems on my Samsung galaxy phone. I can access everything and type messages, but if I want to edit what I've written to correct a mistake I can't as the cursor jumps all over the place. I've not noticed this with any other website.

biological Fri 22-Feb-13 07:22:00

Me too. For the last few days - can't access any topics from main talk page by tapping on them - completely frozen. Found this thread by googling mumsnet site stuff & think once I'm on a board I can look at threads -it's just the main talk page that's frozen for me.

wigglesrock Germany Fri 22-Feb-13 06:36:37

I couldn't get MN on it last night at all, but can this morning - don't worry I didn't get up this early just to check! Can't miss the handsome Nat on CBeebies, dd3 is most taken with him.

It's very irritating, how can I pass on such words of wisdom as "horses for courses", " do what you think is best", "I don't really care" and "well I can see their point" if MN keeps disappearing grin

Oh and I wouldn't let it put you of getting a Kindle Fire, I really really like mine, it's been great.

usualsuspect Thu 21-Feb-13 22:14:37

Sometimes my KF won't load the whole page,especially on the topic page.

CaipirinhasAllRound Thu 21-Feb-13 22:11:25

It's happening to me too. I've had mine for 2 months and it's only started hating mumsnet today

ProlificWillyBreeder Thu 21-Feb-13 18:51:14

Oh no don't say that! I'm ordering my much lusted after kindle fire tomorrow.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 21-Feb-13 18:39:59

Thanks for this.

gazzalw Thu 21-Feb-13 17:03:56

DW has had the same problem - usually happens when she logs off the PC in the evenings but wants to keep an eye on threads.....it's happened a couple of times over the past few evenings (not previously to my knowledge!)

wigglesrock Germany Thu 21-Feb-13 17:02:00

Yes, I've only had the Fire 2 or 3 weeks and it happens intermittently but was particularly bad yesterday and this morning and now grin. It tells me the "tab has unexpectedly stopped responding and has been terminated". I haven't had problems on any other site

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 21-Feb-13 14:53:29

How odd.

Are you still having problems, wigglesrock

wigglesrock Germany Thu 21-Feb-13 11:19:03

Mumsnet keeps "cutting out" on my Kindle Fire - have no problem on the PC or phone. Its highly likely that its me considering my 2 year old is currently showing me how to access Peppa Pig on it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now