Alert that digital spy are discussing trolls / trolling.

(45 Posts)
Portofino Wed 20-Feb-13 19:49:28
JulieMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 16-Nov-13 21:09:13

Sharon1978

Quote a DS member.

18-02-2013, 19:16 #148
Rowan Hedge
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVieEnRose
The great thing for haters of Mumsnet is that it's so easily trollable. You can change username whenever you wish, so no one can check back on your previous posts.

Curiously the admin doesn't like the members to accuse people of being trolls, and often they don't realise when they are being trolled. Just look at the Oscar P thread - the troll "Montpellier" completely hijacked it for hours and they just kept on feeding him/her. Wind the wimmin up and watch them bite!
I joined today just to troll them silly .
----
The above was posted by a Troll on Digital Spy boasting about joining here.Be aware that a DS member registered here with the the purpose of trolling, as you can see above.

Thank you, we're keeping an eye out.

AuntieStella Sat 16-Nov-13 21:08:44

That, like most of this thread,appears to have happened back in February.

Though I have to agree with the comment that "yet they just kept feeding him/her". There are parts of MN which really do go on and on and on about being trolled (something which actually happens all over many forums), and as this outsider's comment shows, that sort of reaction guarantees you get more problems.

Sharon1978 Sat 16-Nov-13 21:03:37

Quote a DS member.

18-02-2013, 19:16 #148
Rowan Hedge
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVieEnRose
The great thing for haters of Mumsnet is that it's so easily trollable. You can change username whenever you wish, so no one can check back on your previous posts.

Curiously the admin doesn't like the members to accuse people of being trolls, and often they don't realise when they are being trolled. Just look at the Oscar P thread - the troll "Montpellier" completely hijacked it for hours and they just kept on feeding him/her. Wind the wimmin up and watch them bite!
I joined today just to troll them silly .
----
The above was posted by a Troll on Digital Spy boasting about joining here.Be aware that a DS member registered here with the the purpose of trolling, as you can see above.

onlymeee Fri 22-Feb-13 16:09:57

I never heard of Digital Spy before. Seems an odd mixture of serious discussions, gossip and nonsense.

Fille4 Fri 22-Feb-13 09:34:25

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Sparklingbrook Thu 21-Feb-13 21:54:19

Bye thread. Again. grin

'I got you babe'

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 21-Feb-13 21:44:03

Erm, might be time for this thread to fall off Active, folks, don't you think?

We wouldn't want to encourage any more visitors this week, would we?

Not sure the MNHQ Gin Crew could handle it, tbh...

They've been watching too much Big Bang Theory and are trying to sound intelligent. Sadly they can't spell and don't know what they are talking about! wink

YouBrokeMySmoulder Thu 21-Feb-13 21:05:19

Oh menses not mensies like onesies. That makes much more sense.

Dawndonna Thu 21-Feb-13 21:02:18

Crikey! It would be nice to be strong at something, as it is, I only seem to be strong at misandry and boden buying! wink
Oh, and Sparkling will tell you, Marmalade Cake! grin

DinglebertWangledack Thu 21-Feb-13 21:00:12

and some of our periods are on holiday for 9 months or so!

MrsMushroom Thu 21-Feb-13 20:52:39

Yes Dawn and those are the strongest of the coven...the most experienced!

Dawndonna Thu 21-Feb-13 20:50:04

With regard to the periods, some of us are past it you know!
grin

Sparklingbrook Wed 20-Feb-13 23:43:29

You wouldn't have known Porto, it went pooft. grin

Portofino Wed 20-Feb-13 23:42:31

Sorry, was not aware of a previous thread. Some of the posts on this mde me laugh though. It.s like looking through a window to a parallel universe.

I wish Viva! No sign of mine! sad

VivaLeBeaver Wed 20-Feb-13 23:21:20

Oh and my menses has just started. Hope you're all synced in with me!

VivaLeBeaver Wed 20-Feb-13 23:20:13

Oooh, they've quoted me on a daily mail journo thread saying in fairness we're not all bad as I'm slagging the journalist off. I'm so glad I meet with their approval. grin

Looks like they hate the dm as well so maybe we'd get on ok.

HotPinkWeaselWearingLederhosen Wed 20-Feb-13 23:19:57

It may very well happen

Sparklingbrook Wed 20-Feb-13 23:17:08

I will be woken up by 'I got you babe' in the morning won't I Hot?

HotPinkWeaselWearingLederhosen Wed 20-Feb-13 23:13:21

Another thread

Not retread

Oh dear god what's wrong with me tonight?

HotPinkWeaselWearingLederhosen Wed 20-Feb-13 23:11:25

Right. My attempt to copy and paste was thwarted twice as the modern winked out.

There was a thread last night. It was pulled as it appeared that ds wanted mn to know that they knew we knew.

Now there is another retread pointing out that ds are playing silly buggers but this op appears not to know of the previous op.

In short. You are correct and not Bill Murray in Groundhog Day

MrsMushroom Wed 20-Feb-13 23:10:33

Interesting that they suggest our periods will eventually arrive all at once! grin We should do a sort of sign in if you're on your period thread....and then tot it up to see if regulars come on on the same day!

Sparklingbrook Wed 20-Feb-13 23:07:18

I have no idea what is going on other than this is nearly a thread about a thread. That's if it is definitely Wednesday and not Tuesday still.

HotPinkWeaselWearingLederhosen Wed 20-Feb-13 23:05:18

I have a broke tablet hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now