Have you sold my email address to Wowcher?

(21 Posts)
MisForMumNotMaid Wed 13-Feb-13 17:15:36

I have a mumsnet email address its mumsnet@ 'my own domain'.co.uk. I create new for each thing i subscribe too I can then see exactly who sells my email address and block that address.

I feel left out I haven't had a wowcher email. Maybe they have heard how tight i am?

iclaudius Wed 13-Feb-13 17:13:35

I got one too

Another one here, got my first unsolicited email from Wowcher today, to the email address I use for MN hmm

FiercePanda Tue 12-Feb-13 22:54:03

Late to the thread, but I'm another MNer who's suddenly had emails from Wowcher to my MN email address. Could the third party between MN and Wowcher have sold the details on? I've never used Wowcher in my life, and I'm getting spam-type emails from them since the button's been on MN. hmm

DontEvenThinkAboutIt Tue 12-Feb-13 16:19:10

You have to send an email and ask that your details are completely removed from any databases that they may have and ask them to confirm that they have done so. Unsubscibing is not always enough.

MariusEarlobe Sun 10-Feb-13 20:10:24

mines an email i only use for mumsnet too.

I believe you Helen, just weird.

BoreOfWhabylon Sun 10-Feb-13 19:06:24

Me too. Every day since the ads started running, and to an email address I only use for MN and a couple of other forums.

I believe MNHQ, but it's a mystery how Wowcher got hold of my email.

TiggyD Sun 10-Feb-13 18:34:42

Ok. I believe you.

X

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 10-Feb-13 00:11:46

OK, I can only repeat what KateMN has said.

We would NEVER give/sell your email addresses to a third party without your express permission.

We arranged the Wowcher thingie <technical> through a third party, so we don't even have a contact person at Wowcher to sell/give the email addresses to, even if we wanted to - which we don't.

All we can think is that Wowcher, being a new outfit and all, has cunningly bought up huge numbers of lists of email addies from those companies that flog them - and is flooding everyone's inbox that way.

But it ain't us. Honest injuns.

EauRouge Sat 09-Feb-13 15:20:23

I stupidly signed up to Wowcher, not realising it was rubbish, and I've clicked 'unsubscribe' three bloody times now and the emails keep coming angry

MariusEarlobe Sat 09-Feb-13 14:35:37

Mine started after I filled in a product test or survey for something on here,

MariusEarlobe Sat 09-Feb-13 14:34:11

I got my first one Tuesday.

Have you been hacked?

ThePathanKhansAmnesiac Sat 09-Feb-13 14:26:52

Mn has had a break in!

Rooneyisalwaysmoaning Sat 09-Feb-13 14:23:43

maybe wowcher have stolen them?

MariusEarlobe Sat 09-Feb-13 14:19:35

Me to and only on my email I use for mumsnet!!

My friend also has them on the email she uses for Mumsnet too, I am getting LOADS!

BluelightsAndSirens Sat 09-Feb-13 14:12:41

Not me

littlemefi Sat 09-Feb-13 14:11:45

Me too

I've not had anything from Wowcher

BrianButterfield Sat 09-Feb-13 14:11:02

I noticed that as well, and I did wonder.

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 09-Feb-13 14:09:29

We never sell your email address. Brownies promise.

So it probably is just a bizarre co-incidence.

TiggyD Sat 09-Feb-13 13:18:37

I have never received spam emails from them before then within days of Mumsnet doing a deal with them I get 2 spam mails. Co-incidence?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now