New style round up

(5 Posts)
giraffesCantEatNHSPotatoes Sat 02-Feb-13 07:19:08

I know you rely on advertising and need adverts to make money.

I really do not like the new style talk round up though. It is hard to read and doesn't flow as well. I skimmed it and still haven't read it properly as I don't like the way it is laid out.

It was always like getting a nice wee email from Aitch (And in the past MP) telling about funny threads, now it is like an advert.

I guess I am not your target market for them though, I wil stay here anyway - you don't need the round ups to draw me in! But I don't think you are going to increase your readership with that style of round up, it put me off reading it - and I love the round up so that is really saying something! So if it put ME off then when will it do to someone who isn't particularly interested?

Am I the only one who feels like this? Have you done any sort of feedback onw hat style (of layout - not of writing, the way Aitch writes is great) at all? I just wonder if there is a way for you to have adverts in it but have it less off putting to read?

Sparklingbrook Sat 02-Feb-13 07:20:55

Morning giraffes you are right I agree. Seems less personal if that doesn't sound daft.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 02-Feb-13 10:23:20

Morning. Thanks for the feedback - always welcome.

We'll pass this on.

Was it just the readability that was an issue?

Sparklingbrook Sat 02-Feb-13 10:55:01

It was for me Helen and the fact it was broken up with the adverts too.

BertieBotts Sun 03-Feb-13 13:50:57

I'm not keen on it either. It was very narrow - I guess to enable readability on phones? But looked terrible on my computer screen. And the advert was so large that I didn't initially realise that there was more text below it. Also the "Read the full thread" button seems a bit facebook-y, although I appreciate that not everyone would have realised that the thread title was a link. (This is a much smaller issue than the layout)

I don't mind ads on the round-up but would prefer them either at the very beginning or very end or even in a cut-out box to the side or something, as long as the text kept flowing around it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now