getting that poor student's research survey deleted was a little mean

(15 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ginmakesitallok Sun 10-Feb-13 18:00:32

I just think it's lazy research.

BIWI Sun 10-Feb-13 17:58:18

Nowt to do with me though, MammaTJ, but everything to do with the fact that Mumsnet is a business.

MammaTJ Sun 10-Feb-13 17:55:06

You are obviously better off than me then BIWI.

BIWI Wed 06-Feb-13 23:32:17

Well - MNHQ has to make money to keep going. And access to MNetters for surveys is very valuable to people.

The current guidelines are that surveys have to be paid for - and I hardly think £30 is excessive! Why should people get it for free?

redwellybluewelly Wed 06-Feb-13 23:19:20

Would be v v useful, I often want to ask people questions and don't feel I can as its not really media as such.

Sometimes. Just sometimes I can even afford incentives!

MammaTJ Wed 06-Feb-13 23:15:54

That would be useful. I had posted a lot before I started asking for help with coursework but my thread still got moved (not deleted as I am a regular) to the outer reaches of MN, otherwise known as 'Media'. grin

TheDoctrineOfSciAndNatureClub Sat 02-Feb-13 13:05:38

Jelly, MNHQ mostly only go onto AIBU etc when people are reporting posts. They don't hang round Talk all day allegedly

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 31-Jan-13 22:05:20

Hi there

We've moved this to Site Stuff now.

As to why it was deleted: it was reported (by many people) and we do have to enforce our guidelines when things are reported to us.

Thanks for the idea about a student research topic though.

EduCated Thu 31-Jan-13 19:16:08

What about a specific 'Student Survey' topic, which people could then hide if they wanted?

I suppose you would then get dodgy companies trying to sneak market research in under the guise of a students survey sad

rhondajean Thu 31-Jan-13 19:03:05

Actually they could ask students to register with their institution email, ac.uk and they wouldn't even need paperwork sent in.

quoteunquote Thu 31-Jan-13 18:51:21

It would be very nice if MN could support student research,

and I am sure they could waver the fee, get the students to send a uni letter in before starting the thread, there are plenty of solutions, not much of ask really.

come on MN support education, it's important.

jellytotsarebadforyou Thu 31-Jan-13 18:49:30

just asking why other posters reported it too, support mnhq will also see it here, they don't seem to have much trouble finding their way around aibu threads

scaevola Thu 31-Jan-13 18:47:31

If you're seriously asking MNHQ why they take a hard line on surveys etc, you'd better report your post (so they've definitely seen it) or repost in "site issues"

jellytotsarebadforyou Thu 31-Jan-13 18:45:33

is there not a place on here where student can ask for research help without having to pay £30 fee? they obviously didn't want the answers for a professional capacity

think mnetters are sometimes so quick off the mark to be harsh and get people deleted for the most inane things

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now