Fancy organising some local MN Meet-ups? Free Dodo Pad stationery for anyone who wants to become a Local Ambassador in the next week…

(185 Posts)
EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 28-Jan-13 14:29:01

Would you like to organise a regular-ish meet-up in your Local area?

It doesn't have to involve coffee and toddlers. It could be an evening in a gin palace, a frenzy of biscuit-making at a cookery school or a trip to the nearest canoeing centre. We won't judge.

You get to be called Local Ambassador (with a special calling card, no less) and there are some shiny Meet-ups pages in Local which will make get-togethers easier to organise. Here are a few examples of Meet-ups that are already active:

local.mumsnet.com/islington/group-meet-ups/islington
local.mumsnet.com/oxford/group-meet-ups/headington
local.mumsnet.com/exeter/group-meet-ups/exeter-centre
local.mumsnet.com/norwich/group-meet-ups/norwich-centre
local.mumsnet.com/bolton-bury/group-meet-ups/bolton
local.mumsnet.com/bath/group-meet-ups/bath

Of course, you can just join an existing group (look on local.mumsnet.com to find your nearest site), but anyone who signs up before midnight on Monday Feb 4 to be a Local Ambassador will receive a Dodo Book For Cooks to archive their favourite recipes and a Dodo Household Stuff Book to keep their paperwork in order.

Please email local@mumsnet.com putting 'Dodo Ambassador' in the subject field and stating in the email your local area/town.

ripsishere Tue 26-Mar-13 01:47:41

I'll volunteer for Kl and Selangor if that helps at all.

Welovegrapes Mon 25-Mar-13 14:47:45

Thanks for the card smile

Looks very flashy and I am looking forward to waving it around.

Is there a thread for instructions for what I need to do next?

Emma will email you loads of info if you're to be a local editor, but the Local sites are reaching critical mass atm, so she's probably manically busy.

Hth smile

noseynoonoo Mon 11-Feb-13 10:15:54

Hi Emma, I received you email regarding the Croydon area and would like to know how to know what the next step is re: the editor role.

BabaYaya Tue 05-Feb-13 21:17:30

I sent an email offering to sign up on 30th but haven't seen a response here or in my email account. Where are responses sent?

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 05-Feb-13 11:53:30

mistlethrush

<Hands over the biscuitbiscuitbiscuitbiscuit>

The areas to split things down into are quite difficult to work out I would imagine - because you could split places like the one I live in into say 10 - 15 different areas, but one might be a good start with splinter groups where necessary.... I suppose it also depends on what sort of meet-up as if its a coffee morning on a regular basis you might want to be a lot more local, whereas for an evening out you're probably prepared to opt for a single more central location.

Thanks for the biscuits (and cake Lilleth), <brushes crumbs off overheated keyboard>. Exactly right mistlethrush, it's tricky!

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 05-Feb-13 11:48:46

soapnuts

Did you know you spelt Armagh wrong on the local site? it's spelt Armargh on the site - i'm waiting for the international ones too (will there still be dodos on offer??)

I was hoping no-one else would notice that soapnuts. I changed it yesterday but now everyone knows blush. We could always ask Dodo again when we're looking at internationals and see what they say.

LillethTheCat Tue 05-Feb-13 11:03:00

ooh I have cake.

<passes out cake>

mistlethrush Tue 05-Feb-13 11:01:39

<Hands over the biscuitbiscuitbiscuitbiscuit>

The areas to split things down into are quite difficult to work out I would imagine - because you could split places like the one I live in into say 10 - 15 different areas, but one might be a good start with splinter groups where necessary.... I suppose it also depends on what sort of meet-up as if its a coffee morning on a regular basis you might want to be a lot more local, whereas for an evening out you're probably prepared to opt for a single more central location.

soapnuts Tue 05-Feb-13 11:01:34

Did you know you spelt Armagh wrong on the local site? it's spelt Armargh on the site - i'm waiting for the international ones too (will there still be dodos on offer??)

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 05-Feb-13 10:55:00

mistlethrush

Still free of pms, emails or any sign of life on my Local thanks.. warming up though now the sun's come through. Would you like to join me with a brew ? grin

<swigs tea> ooh thanks Mistlethrush, I needed that. Have you got any cake? I need some sugargy to power me through the rest of the emails. Sorry I haven't got to you (and some others) yet. I'm asking people for advice on area labels etc so it takes longer than you think!

LillethTheCat Tue 05-Feb-13 10:48:51

Ive put a message on the local talk. Its not a busy board though.

freerange Portland is one of my places Id like to go to, so if I ever win the lottery or can afford to come another way I'll let you know smile

mistlethrush Tue 05-Feb-13 10:36:47

Still free of pms, emails or any sign of life on my Local thanks.. warming up though now the sun's come through. Would you like to join me with a brew ? grin

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 05-Feb-13 10:26:20

freerangechickens

What about Portland, Oregon, USA? There's only me, I think, but I've already had 3 meet ups. (Hopeful even though there's no hope emoticon)

Hi freerange, new Mumsnet Local hasn't got any international sites yet, but I've emailed you.

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 05-Feb-13 10:22:35

mistlethrush

Hello Emma!

Hello mistlethrush, how are you this morning?

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 05-Feb-13 10:21:54

noseynoonoo

Did you get my email sent last week for the Croydon area?

Yes, I've emailed you noonoo.

mistlethrush Tue 05-Feb-13 10:20:39

Hello Emma!

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 05-Feb-13 10:20:00

Skyebluesapphire

I got an email, it just said Testing?

Hi Sapphire, I emailed you at 18.03 last night with a link to your meet-ups page and instructions. It wasn't your work email address, but it's the one you emailed me on about being Local Ambassador…

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 05-Feb-13 10:11:42

LillethTheCat

So.......

Now we have a few going, how do we go about getting more people to come to us? Can we post in chat, meet ups etc? Im itching to get started now.

Yes Lilleth, please do post in Local Talk on your site with a link to your meet-ups page.

freerangechickens Tue 05-Feb-13 02:44:20

What about Portland, Oregon, USA? There's only me, I think, but I've already had 3 meet ups. (Hopeful even though there's no hope emoticon)

Skyebluesapphire Tue 05-Feb-13 00:20:02

Got it thanks

DevonCiderPunk Mon 04-Feb-13 23:52:42

Skyebluesapphire - Mumsnet HQ have contacted me and I've emailed you smile

noseynoonoo Mon 04-Feb-13 21:26:25

Did you get my email sent last week for the Croydon area?

Skyebluesapphire Mon 04-Feb-13 20:40:05

I got an email, it just said Testing?

LillethTheCat Mon 04-Feb-13 19:11:08

So.......

Now we have a few going, how do we go about getting more people to come to us? Can we post in chat, meet ups etc? Im itching to get started now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now