Fancy organising some local MN Meet-ups? Free Dodo Pad stationery for anyone who wants to become a Local Ambassador in the next week…

(185 Posts)
EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 28-Jan-13 14:29:01

Message withdrawn

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 31-Jan-13 16:29:20

DowntonTrout

Hmm. I'm in London, specifically Marylebone in the borough of Westminster. Have clicked through the different areas in the Meet up section but none have anything active.

I think the areas covered are very tight ie there's Marylebone, Marylebone Road, Oxford Street, Lisson Grove etc. I think you'd be better having these small areas covered by one big area. It's too specific.

I'm willing to organise a meet up, in fact I am hoping to meet some mums for coffee already. I'm not sure if I could be a local ambassador as I've just moved here and know no-one and nothing of the area yet. Maybe it would be a way of meeting people though. The friendship bench is also empty. Should I email you or is someone already active in these areas? I couldn't find them.

You'd be the first to organise a Meet-up in Westminster – it's still early days for new Mumsnet Local. You don't need detailed knowledge of the area to organise a Meet-up as you can chat to others in the group about where to meet etc (once others have joined). It's completely up to you though (just email me at local@mumsnet.com if you think it's a good idea). I'll pass on your comments about area labels to the Local Editors Kate and Emma. Their email is westminster@mumsnetlocal.com for future reference.

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 31-Jan-13 16:30:43

fraktion

If/when you get round to France sign me up.

I've put you down on my masterlist Fraktion and I'll be in touch if that happens.

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 31-Jan-13 16:37:21

LillethTheCat

When will hear about if we are going to be LA's? I emailed a few days ago (North Yorkshire area) and haven't had a reply yet. Im quite looking forward to the prospect of meeting other mums near me now.

I've emailed you Lilleth, I haven't got to them all yet, but I will!

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 31-Jan-13 16:51:33

mummymccar

Not sure if I e-mailed the right place. Shall I e-mail again or will that make things messy if it did end up in the right box? I was applying for Portswood in Southampton.

No need to email again, I've got it. Thanking you kindly.

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 31-Jan-13 16:54:22

BadRoly

I have emailed you too (I think)

You have… Haven't got that far yet!

BrittaPerry Thu 31-Jan-13 17:04:02

Ooh, how do we apply to be a local editor?

Lesbeadiva Thu 31-Jan-13 20:17:29

I have emailed too...I think!!! Twice in fact as I made a mistake.

fuzzpig Fri 01-Feb-13 06:23:14

Can't see anything for my town (Crawley in West Sussex) except some adverts for a few businesses?! Am I being dense?

I'm torn really, I'd like to do it but I'm not sure I am up to the task TBH due to a heady mix of illness and social anxiety nobody likes me etc blush

Capreece Fri 01-Feb-13 10:11:55

Mumsnet Oxfordshire is in need of Local Ambassadors for:

Banbury
Benson
Berinsfield
Bicester
Burford
Carterton
Chalgrove
Chipping Norton
Didcot
Faringdon
Grove
Henley-on-Thames
Kidlington
Thame
Wantage
Watlington
Wheatley
Witney
Woodstock

Is there an event you'd like to attend, or a venue you'd like to try out? Become an LA and use your MN pulling power to get a discounted (or even free) entry for yourself and other mums in the area. Perhaps you're fed up of all those coffee mornings and would really prefer a wine evening, or an abseiling Saturday, or a craft event.

Maybe you're not on maternity leave yet, haven't done any NCT but would like to meet some other expectant mums. Whatever it is just sign up, talk to your Local Editor and see what can be done - the world Oxfordshire is your lobster!

PS - did we miss your area? Please let us know at oxfordshire@mumsnetlocal.com

laward Fri 01-Feb-13 11:09:31

Anyone out there in Golder Green/thereabouts interested in a group. Barnet groups are pretty thin on the ground

motherofvikings Fri 01-Feb-13 14:44:45

I've emailed for derby. smile
Mumsnet local seems a bit slow here tho confused

motherofvikings Fri 01-Feb-13 14:47:38

Oh and I forgot to say in my email I'd be interested to heard more about what local editors do. I seem to be trying out all local activities while me and the dc find our way around! smile

whattodoo Fri 01-Feb-13 17:59:28

OliviaMN did you get my message about Herts? (Might be under my local NN)

Do you get a badge too? Id like an official badge to people no I am their powerful leader ambassador grin

DevonCiderPunk Fri 01-Feb-13 19:56:21

Hello from Devon <dollops clotted cream on scones, offers round>

Exeter

Here's our lovely site.

We are lucky to already have a smashing local ambassador for Exeter City Centre <keeps a nice scone back> and would love to hear from anyone who wants to look after the following areas:

•Alphington
•Broadclyst
•Countess Wear & Digby
•Exeter outskirts
•Exminster
•Heavitree & Wonford
•Pennsylvania & Stoke Hill
•Pinhoe
•Polsloe & Whipton
•St Davids & Cowley Bridge
•St Leonards
•St Thomas & Exwick
•Topsham

Join us on Facebook for a natter, or follow us on Twitter @MumsnetExeter.

Devon

Bootiful.

Devon is an enormous county so all hands on deck appreciated! We need local ambassadors for:

•Devon wide
•East Devon
•Mid Devon
•North Devon
•South Hams
•Teignbridge
•Torbay
•Torridge
•West Devon

The Devon facebook page is only a couple of weeks old, so please come and like, or tweet @MumsnetDevon.

Plymouth

Hasn't got started yet! If anyone is interested in contributing, please get in touch with EmmaMumsnet.

Ooh arr, etc etc...

thekitchenfairy Sat 02-Feb-13 08:58:39

Thank you Emmamumsnet

Look forward to hearing back from you, in the meantime I will carry on my extensive research of local gin palaces grin

I emailed the other day and havent heard anything back, should i do it again? I was a tsarina? for norfolk before the local board changes.

Lesbeadiva Sat 02-Feb-13 09:45:39

Did my message go through?

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 02-Feb-13 10:04:19

BrittaPerry

Ooh, how do we apply to be a local editor?

Email me at local@mumsnet.com

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 02-Feb-13 10:08:37

fuzzpig

Can't see anything for my town (Crawley in West Sussex) except some adverts for a few businesses?! Am I being dense?

I'm torn really, I'd like to do it but I'm not sure I am up to the task TBH due to a heady mix of illness and social anxiety nobody likes me etc blush

Hi fuzzpig, we haven't got a Local Editor in West Sussex yet so we haven't created any area labels. You could try it once and see what happens…

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 02-Feb-13 10:10:46

SPsFanjoIsAsComfyAsAOnesie

Do you get a badge too? Id like an official badge to people no I am their powerful leader ambassador grin

You get a card to flash around (you could always make it into a badge with some gaffer tape)

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 02-Feb-13 10:14:02

ThePortlyPinUp

I emailed the other day and havent heard anything back, should i do it again? I was a tsarina? for norfolk before the local board changes.

Your email's there, I just haven't got to it yet. The good news is lots of people volunteered, the bad news is you haven't had a reply yet. grin

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 02-Feb-13 10:15:57

Lesbeadiva

Did my message go through?

I can't see that email (unless you used an email that's different to the one attached to your Mumsnet membership)…

wonderstuff Sat 02-Feb-13 10:55:21

Free stationery? I'm in easily bought I can do a couple in Hampshire x

Lesbeadiva Sat 02-Feb-13 11:23:49

Nope I used the same email....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now