Fancy organising some local MN Meet-ups? Free Dodo Pad stationery for anyone who wants to become a Local Ambassador in the next week…

(185 Posts)
EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 28-Jan-13 14:29:01

Would you like to organise a regular-ish meet-up in your Local area?

It doesn't have to involve coffee and toddlers. It could be an evening in a gin palace, a frenzy of biscuit-making at a cookery school or a trip to the nearest canoeing centre. We won't judge.

You get to be called Local Ambassador (with a special calling card, no less) and there are some shiny Meet-ups pages in Local which will make get-togethers easier to organise. Here are a few examples of Meet-ups that are already active:

local.mumsnet.com/islington/group-meet-ups/islington
local.mumsnet.com/oxford/group-meet-ups/headington
local.mumsnet.com/exeter/group-meet-ups/exeter-centre
local.mumsnet.com/norwich/group-meet-ups/norwich-centre
local.mumsnet.com/bolton-bury/group-meet-ups/bolton
local.mumsnet.com/bath/group-meet-ups/bath

Of course, you can just join an existing group (look on local.mumsnet.com to find your nearest site), but anyone who signs up before midnight on Monday Feb 4 to be a Local Ambassador will receive a Dodo Book For Cooks to archive their favourite recipes and a Dodo Household Stuff Book to keep their paperwork in order.

Please email local@mumsnet.com putting 'Dodo Ambassador' in the subject field and stating in the email your local area/town.

JustCallMeBaldrick Wed 30-Jan-13 11:11:50

Did forget to put my NN in the email blush
Should I send another one, or try to pm you, EmmaMN

Where should I send the email? I pm'd Emma yesterday, but have not had a reply so am worried the message has got lost en route.

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Wed 30-Jan-13 12:10:30

Derby and its wonderful neighbour, Nottingham, need some help. (Not Derbyshire or Nottinghamshire, there's another lovely Local Editor for these and I'm sure they will beg ask for help if they need it.)

smile You have a lovely Local Editor who will take you for cake and coffee. The listings for both should be vamped up by the end of the week so you all have time to make some plans for half term.

Here's Nottingham on Twitter: twitter.com/MNetNottingham
Here's Nottingham on MN local: local.mumsnet.com/nottingham

Here's Derby on Twitter: twitter.com/MumsnetDerby
Here's Derby on MN local: local.mumsnet.com/derby

thanks

mistlethrush Wed 30-Jan-13 12:26:17

What happens if your local site is apparently devoid of life at the moment?

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 30-Jan-13 13:06:45

SDTGisAnEvilWolefGenius

Where should I send the email? I pm'd Emma yesterday, but have not had a reply so am worried the message has got lost en route.

Please send to local@mumsnet.com (I've pm'd you too, but I'd like to have all the requests in one place ideally!

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 30-Jan-13 13:07:40

JustCallMeBaldrick

Did forget to put my NN in the email blush
Should I send another one, or try to pm you, EmmaMN

I'm going to go through them all vair soon so I'll just email and ask you if I can't work it out

MariusEarlobe Wed 30-Jan-13 13:13:16

I'm not against provided cake and coffee gin for my ambassadors either join Blackpool

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Wed 30-Jan-13 13:41:27

I take your gin coffee and I raise you... a hot chocolate (with cream and sprinkles). grin

MariusEarlobe Wed 30-Jan-13 16:08:05

grin

Have you got anywhere for North Lincolnshire yet? Specifically the Lincolnshire Wolds.

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 30-Jan-13 20:33:30

WhispersOfWickedness

Have you got anywhere for North Lincolnshire yet? Specifically the Lincolnshire Wolds.

I haven't got through all the emails yet, but not so far…

Jonquille Wed 30-Jan-13 22:09:55

Mumsnet Richmond would like Local Ambassadors for the following areas:
1. Barnes, Mortlake, Sheen
2. Kew
3. Richmond
4. Ham, Petersham
5. Twickenham, St. Margarets
6. Whitton
7. Teddigton
8. Hamptons

The local editor is willing to help and is discussing some discounts for mumsnet meet ups.

You can follow Mumsnet Richmond via twitter @MumsnetRichmond
Or find on Facebook and like Mumsnet Richmond for all the latest updates and new loadings.
For local talk and activities go to:
http://local.mumsnet.com/richmond-upon-thames

Or you can just email your Local Editor Richmond@mumsnetlocal.Com

Is there a local editor for Lincolnshire? Should I be emailing them if there is one? grin

hazchem Thu 31-Jan-13 01:27:53

Will look when on laptop

Kveta Thu 31-Jan-13 08:11:21

did my email come through? not sure i put my nickname on it blush

i was asking about BS in herts smile

JakeBullet Thu 31-Jan-13 08:36:41

I can do Essex, am in South Essex unless that's already covered. Will email.

i'd do it but from the selection of parents at the dcs school i very much doubt theres any mners in the midst sad when i move later this year sign me up grin

DowntonTrout Thu 31-Jan-13 10:08:21

Hmm. I'm in London, specifically Marylebone in the borough of Westminster. Have clicked through the different areas in the Meet up section but none have anything active.

I think the areas covered are very tight ie there's Marylebone, Marylebone Road, Oxford Street, Lisson Grove etc. I think you'd be better having these small areas covered by one big area. It's too specific.

I'm willing to organise a meet up, in fact I am hoping to meet some mums for coffee already. I'm not sure if I could be a local ambassador as I've just moved here and know no-one and nothing of the area yet. Maybe it would be a way of meeting people though. The friendship bench is also empty. Should I email you or is someone already active in these areas? I couldn't find them.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 31-Jan-13 11:56:34

Kveta

blushblush
Will mail you now Kveta
Any more for any more in the HERTFORDSHIRE area?
Roll up, roll up, fab goodies and fun for all!

Look under meet-ups or email us on hertfordshire@mumsnetlocal.com

We're on Twitter: @MNHertfordshire and Facebook: MumsnetHertfordshire too.

fraktion Thu 31-Jan-13 12:16:29

If/when you get round to France sign me up.

fraktion Thu 31-Jan-13 12:46:30

If/when you get round to France sign me up.

LillethTheCat Thu 31-Jan-13 13:10:25

When will hear about if we are going to be LA's? I emailed a few days ago (North Yorkshire area) and haven't had a reply yet. Im quite looking forward to the prospect of meeting other mums near me now.

mummymccar Thu 31-Jan-13 14:19:22

Not sure if I e-mailed the right place. Shall I e-mail again or will that make things messy if it did end up in the right box? I was applying for Portswood in Southampton.

BadRoly Thu 31-Jan-13 14:20:45

I have emailed you too (I think)

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 31-Jan-13 16:23:43

Kveta

It did thanks, I've emailed you. Still going through others, so I haven't got back to everyone yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now