How many discussions of the day are there?

(5 Posts)
HeyHoHereWeGo Fri 25-Jan-13 13:34:46

When My MN page is loading I get a glimpse of perhaps 9-10 discussions of the day,
for eg at the moment there is one about - I phone: are you on a contract
But when the page is fully loaded there is only 5 discussions
(at the moment this is from Online abuse to world of warcraft)

Is this because my laptop screen is small I wonder?
Or are the ones I cannot see being queued up or something like that?
I only ever see the extra discussion headings for a second or two.
(Dont think I am imaging it..)

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 25-Jan-13 13:40:11

Hello, HeyHoHereWeGo.

There are only five Discussions of the Day.

I think the other threads titles you are seeing are the list of 'Most Active' threads - that list does seem to show when you are loading pages (for some techie reason I really don't understand).

Confusingly, the "most active" threads are not the same as the list of "active conversations".

Active Convos shows you the discussions that have been posted on most recently.

Most Active is a list of threads ordered by one of YetMoreTech's clever algorithms that takes into account post activity and number/frequency of views (and probably lots of other stuff).

HeyHoHereWeGo Fri 25-Jan-13 15:13:32

I see (sort of).
So are "most active" available to us? I mean is there a tab somewhere that brings us to "most active" acc to some complicated tech algorithm?
I always just click Active, so thats active convos, as you say, those posted on most recently.

Thanks Helen.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 25-Jan-13 15:28:32

Yep. If you look in the Discussions of the Day box, there's a tab called Most Active. Click on it and you'll see them - you can then click through to any of the threads, if you want to.

HeyHoHereWeGo Fri 25-Jan-13 18:06:22

Oh heavens.
Years I've been on here.
Hours a day.
Blind!!
Thanks HelenMN

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now