You are digging a deeper and deeper hole MNHQ

(376 Posts)
amillionyears Tue 22-Jan-13 11:00:07
Moln Tue 22-Jan-13 11:24:12

Amillion, I think you might need to step away from the internet for a while. Go watch the birds. If there are any.

shine0ncrazydiamond Tue 22-Jan-13 11:24:51

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

TrampyPants Tue 22-Jan-13 11:27:18

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

SolomanDaisy Tue 22-Jan-13 11:27:22

Oh, I guessed who the OP would be...

LoopsInHoops Tue 22-Jan-13 11:27:49

It's a bit of a mole, mountain situation, but the fact that you are allowed to post wind-up threads, but not allowed to question if it is a wind-up, is a bit odd really.

amillionyears you need to get out more. And if you don't like MNHQ, step away from their website maybe.....

JakeBullet Tue 22-Jan-13 11:28:54

It was a joke thread...end of. I have seen some fabulous joke treads here by people who name change so they can have fun. It harmed nobody, most people guessed pretty quickly that it was a wind up. Lighten up.

LoopsInHoops Tue 22-Jan-13 11:29:16

shiney, that was nasty and untrue, and I have reported.

TanteRose Tue 22-Jan-13 11:30:07

I hear cake-baking is a really nice pasttime for those with time on their hands...

TrampyPants Tue 22-Jan-13 11:33:52

god, this is why I hardly use mn anymore. people report for nothing, the PO are taking over and any humour has been quashed under self-important naval-gazing and faux outrage.

shine0ncrazydiamond Tue 22-Jan-13 11:34:16

Good, good LoopsInhoops. I shall go and stand outside the head teacher's office shall I?

I shan't beat you up in the playground later for being a snitch, don't worry grin

As someone else said, I imagine MNHQ can do what they want, it is their site.

If you don't like it .........

D0oinMeCleanin Tue 22-Jan-13 11:34:28

This is another wind up, right?

I read the cake thread. T'was funny especially "No, he's not hen pecked. He's a Geography teacher"

<snurk>

I have two vomiting children. Why can't we have fun threads?

TrampyPants Tue 22-Jan-13 11:35:46

shiney, careful now. don't be a poo-poo head.

thats not offensive, is it? <frets>

Fenton Tue 22-Jan-13 11:37:15

I have REPORTED you for that, TrampyPants...

frasersmummy Tue 22-Jan-13 11:37:34

Its not that we cant have wind ups .. its people shouldnt be deleted for saying its a wind up

If you are going to let people name change to wind people up then other people should be able to say this is a wind up without fear of deletion

Having skimmed the thread in question I can can see why million and assorted other posters were cross that it wasn't deleted as a troll thread.

I guess it comes down to whether you think ...a troll is someone who poses as someone else in order to stir up trouble, deceive and mislead means that Greensleeves posing as someone else in a situation that wasn't real was trollery.

shine0ncrazydiamond Tue 22-Jan-13 11:38:53

Thank you Fenton. If it wasn't for mumsnetters like you I'd be able to GET AWAY with referring to someone as an idiot.

And we can't have that can we?

Fenton Tue 22-Jan-13 11:38:58

They didn't 'let' her namechange to wind people up - they genuinely thought she had a bad cake eating husband to rant about.

TrampyPants Tue 22-Jan-13 11:39:21
shine0ncrazydiamond Tue 22-Jan-13 11:39:27

'Im telling on youuuuu '

frasers its already been explained up thread that MNHQ only knew it was a regular poster on a NC at first, not that it was a joke thread.

Thewhingingdefective Tue 22-Jan-13 11:39:53

I missed cakegate. How bloody hilarious.

I didn't know people got deleted for saying something was a wind up.

<innocent>

I still think you are getting your knickers in a twist about nothing OP.

HecateWhoopass Tue 22-Jan-13 11:40:35

If that thread highlighted a need for the wording to change - that's a good thing. MNHQ should, as a business, always be looking at their policies and procedures and ensuring they are fit for purpose and this shows that they do that. They respond quickly to any gaps or areas of uncertainty or confusion.

I have a business, and also do the policies and procedures for my husband's business.

There are times that something happens and you realise that your policy for that is either lacking a clause, or what is there is open to misinterpretation and so you change it and you change it PDQ! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now