Namechanges

(8 Posts)
OliviaPeacein2013Mumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 11-Jan-13 23:04:03

If in doubt, report.
grin

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Fri 11-Jan-13 19:17:04

Well done buncha!

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Fri 11-Jan-13 18:26:47

Thanks maryz, I did report and I was rightwink Fred is now no more...

Maryz Fri 11-Jan-13 18:01:10

This happens a lot bunchamunch.

Lots of us report, and if there are enough reports, mnhq usually do something about it.

Unfortunately there are many posters who are so sure they are right they will continue to post until they get the "right" reply - and if they don't they will go to netmums for support grin

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Thu 10-Jan-13 14:09:36

Thanks, I've reported my concerns to MNHQ, will see if I'm barking up thw ring tree or not smile

Tee2072 Thu 10-Jan-13 13:50:34

That is actually the definition of trolling, or one of them.

If you suspect, report to HQ.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Thu 10-Jan-13 13:48:35

No, as long as they don't post on the same thread under different IDs (sockpuppeting).

You can always report to MNHQ if you think it's happening just to cause a bunfight/get off on the emotional responses. Less so if it's the person posting "AIBU to say orange is my favourite colour?" or something.

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Thu 10-Jan-13 12:13:32

Can I ask a question? If someone posts a thread under one name, gets a whole load of criticism, and then comes back under a different name, changes the odd detail here and there, but the bones of their thread is much the same so gets the same response, and this happens a few more times, is this seen as some kind of breach of MN rules? Are you able to question someone's ID when you suspect this to be the case, in knowing or suspecting that the OP is actually being quite misleading in order to change the response they get? I don't know if this is seen as trolling, or troll hunting to question it, but it's bothered me slightly for reasons I can't even post here for fear of falling foul of the MN rules wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now