Sorry, sorry, sorry. HIDE POSTER button again.

(361 Posts)
IamtheZombie Thu 03-Jan-13 17:21:06

Zombie is old. Zombie is grumpy. She freely admits to those.

Zombie also has one tit left and there are a few posters who are really, really getting on it.

It's getting to the point that she's about ready to take an extended MN holiday just for the sake of her blood pressure and her sanity.

Please, please may we have a hide poster button?

NetworkGuy Mon 07-Jan-13 01:42:08

Was out Saturday night at a neighbour's (yes, I did take a bottle of something with me, not for me to drink it) ... no cider, so I had a few of the Blue Wkd vodka drinks.... fruity alcopop, can see why it is appealing to teens, think some cider is stronger, but nice as an alternative for me to take in my 'water' bottle when I go to the gym!

SwedishEdith Sun 06-Jan-13 00:02:12

That's right - couldn't be watered down in clubs and pubs! Still love Pernod/Ricard but, obviously, classier to refer to it as pastis now wink

Maryz Sat 05-Jan-13 23:58:21

When I was a student, pernod was the drink of last resort as topping the bottle up from the tap was, erm, not very successful.

SwedishEdith Sat 05-Jan-13 23:53:11

Ha ha, Creme de menthe was always the drink of last resort when in someone else's parents house (This happened once actually- exaggerating for effect!)

Maryz Sat 05-Jan-13 23:48:07

dh used to drink some weird thing which was a shot glass of green stuff (creme de menthe) dropped into a pint of lager, I think. They would drink the lager, leaving the shot untouched, then drink the shot.

That was always my cue to go home.

SwedishEdith Sat 05-Jan-13 23:45:43

I feel like that about the cider part

AnyFucker Sat 05-Jan-13 23:44:55

< boak >

SwedishEdith Sat 05-Jan-13 23:44:21

Cider and black and Pernod- in the same glass= a Red Witch. Think I could still drink a Pernod and black very easily, with lots of ice

Maryz Sat 05-Jan-13 23:38:25

I had a good night with port once <reminisces>

Mind you, I wouldn't drink it now grin

GetorfsaMotherfuckingMorrisMan Sat 05-Jan-13 23:25:09

Network yes I AM a lightweight now grin

My btother went to university in southampton and ir emember a very drunken evening there in a student bat. Fucking absinthe.

AnyFucker Sat 05-Jan-13 20:57:02

mary, that sounds like a terrifying episode sad

cider and black...'twas the drink of choice for teenagers where I came from

cheap...but nobody really liked the taste so disguised it with cordial

white lightning ....christ almighty, I annihalated a few million brain cells on that stuff

scottishmummy Sat 05-Jan-13 20:40:50

lol I used to have drinking boots as student but no more,since weans
i wondered if it were folk current consumption
naturally as student I caned it,now it's inconceivable to me to do it.prefer cuppa

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

scottishmummy Sat 05-Jan-13 20:03:15

gosh you lot talk about drinking a lot
mind your intake ladies
make mine a tea and digestive

Maryz Sat 05-Jan-13 17:33:41

First time I ever drank it was Scomfort. I was 16, and the guy who gave it to me then proceeded to drive me to a deserted beach and frighten the shite out of me.

I suspect worse would have happened if my brother hadn't also been in the "drive to the beach while pissed" party.

I often wonder what happened to that guy. He was 23 and definitely knew what he was doing.

I haven't drunk Southern Comfort since.

I don't do Tequila either, not since my student days. Or snakebite or lager and lime or Guinness and blackcurrent, but to be fair I didn't like them at the time either.

[bleurgh]

NetworkGuy Sat 05-Jan-13 14:00:34

After the smell of stale air from cigs and booze every morning (coming out the extractor fans at the pub), and having to empty out the drip containers, I would never touch beer or lager! Mine wasn't from any excess of them, honest! Started drinking cider at college (and we had a few 'Cider nights' in the SU building down in Southampton), and tried SC, etc.

Sentiment sediment! shared on the worms!

Fiderer Sat 05-Jan-13 11:40:16

Funny how a certain amount of over-indulgence can put you off a drink for years.

I drank a fair amount of cider as a student in the West Country, then a irresponsible amount of Arack (like unrefined Ouzo) in the Middle East, then a hefty amount of vodka in the Cold War years in the Cold War countries.

Only in the last few years could I face any of them again.

Glad I avoided the worms though grin

Pinot Sat 05-Jan-13 10:44:18

Did you eat the worms? I'm A Zombie Get Me Out Of Here-style?

I got smashed on Mateus Rose on my 16th birthday <middle class> I went to dinner with my warring parents. I think we all needed alcohol tbh hmm grin

NetworkGuy Sat 05-Jan-13 09:37:59

cider and black, AF?

I have never touched lager or beer (after a summer job working in a pub at 16)...

I like cider and SC (not mixed!) and Baileys (and had about 4 litres of a similar Irish cream in the last 2 weeks).

NetworkGuy Sat 05-Jan-13 09:33:45

"When it comes back neat up your nose it stings like hell"

Fortunately have never had that experience, and have only ever been sick from drinking the once... Not bad in 36 years...

Tee2072 Sat 05-Jan-13 07:31:01

Ah, 25th birthday I don't remember it well. Started shots of JD at about 5 and ended them about 0200.

I don't remember the next two days....

IamtheZombie Sat 05-Jan-13 01:06:49

The worms were well pickled, AF.

So was Zombie.

confused confused confused

AnyFucker Sat 05-Jan-13 00:44:40

but...what about the worms

< errrk >

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now