Sorry, sorry, sorry. HIDE POSTER button again.

(361 Posts)
IamtheZombie Thu 03-Jan-13 17:21:06

Zombie is old. Zombie is grumpy. She freely admits to those.

Zombie also has one tit left and there are a few posters who are really, really getting on it.

It's getting to the point that she's about ready to take an extended MN holiday just for the sake of her blood pressure and her sanity.

Please, please may we have a hide poster button?

IamtheZombie Thu 03-Jan-13 22:30:10

No, SP. Although I suspect their inbox is overflowing with reports and they are dealing with those first.

GetorfsaMotherfuckingMorrisMan Thu 03-Jan-13 22:30:31

grin, no of course it's not you

I don't think MNHQ will reply, they have said christ knows how many times that they won't do it.

I can see why they won't. I can see why people want it though. It's a quandary, it really is.

scottishmummy Thu 03-Jan-13 22:36:54

have you ever thought if online stranger winds you up so much that's your problem
no theirs,but your inability to regulate yourself or your responses
is it that you want agreeing with?prefer the luffly threads?or don't like different pov

GreenyEyes Thu 03-Jan-13 22:37:49

I think mine are different wankers GetOrf, mainly because I think I'm the only person on here who THINKS THEY'RE WANKERS.

tigerdriverII Thu 03-Jan-13 22:38:17

Well I never realised until now that you could hide whole subjects. My active convos should get a bit more interesting now!

HotheadPaisan Thu 03-Jan-13 22:39:09

Hmm, script was linked in a thread in chat which is long gorn, back in a minute.

IamtheZombie Thu 03-Jan-13 22:40:29

I have many problems, scottishmummy. I've talked about a lot of them many times on here. Would you like me to reiterate them for you?

It's fuck all to do with agreeing with, luffly threads or different povs. It's all to do with people with their head so far up their own arse that it's come out their mouth and is starting the cycle over again.

I think i might be someone's wanker tbh grin If this hide button happens ill end up alone talking to myself grin

scottishmummy Thu 03-Jan-13 22:42:56

no I don't recall your threads,why would I
but if mn winds you up,then it's your problem not anyone else
certainly I can't say anyone on mn got me like that

Valpollicella Thu 03-Jan-13 22:43:37

There was NEVER a script...surely?

Otherwise it would have wild fired by PMand we wouldn't have thread after thread!

Kinda agree with SM. If someone is being an utter cunt then report them. But if its an opinion you dont like etc then you have to press the fuck it button and <meh> at it.

People use MN in different ways, sm. Not Right or Wrong ways, just differently.

Could you all llease PM me with which posters are the RileECoyotes and I'll formualte a table and publish ze rezults.

And uodate the spreadshit.

Chars.

scottishmummy Thu 03-Jan-13 22:47:03

I regulate what I read post on mn,to protect self.some topics hit mark,too much
I would hope others regulate to protect selves too, and not attribute blame to others
so far mnhq habitually decline hide poster

IamtheZombie Thu 03-Jan-13 22:48:45

Don't tempt me, Chaos. grin

HotheadPaisan Thu 03-Jan-13 22:50:45

I found it! So, the script is here: www.edochan.com/widgets/mumsnet/. You need to use Firefox and add Greasemonkey, I will do a set of instructions tomorrow.

scottishmummy Thu 03-Jan-13 22:52:31

if you think someone crossed line,report to mnhq
if it's case of don't like their pov, post style,well that's just tough titty
we all need a degree of online savvy and tolerance to rub alon together

uptheamp Thu 03-Jan-13 22:53:33

nah hiding posters is a bit daft, if it gets a bit too much maybe chat on facebook with people who agree with you

would hate to see a hide poster option on here would be a bit silly imo

saying that i find it quite easy to ignore people online grin

Valpollicella Thu 03-Jan-13 22:55:47

Hothead. shock

MNHQ are gonna be on that scripts case tomorrow I bet....!

HotheadPaisan Thu 03-Jan-13 22:58:46

Just installed it on a different machine and it still works.

So, install Firefox web browser.

Add this: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/

Click on the mumsnet.user.js script here to install it: www.edochan.com/widgets/mumsnet/

Restart Firefox and there you go, favourite and ignore options are added under the Message Poster option.

I hid myself in error earlier, that got lonely.

HotheadPaisan Thu 03-Jan-13 22:59:56

What they gonna do Val, ban me?

<hard>

<registers another account just in case>

Val's right, HP. Tech is going to be all over that tomorrow sad

HotheadPaisan Thu 03-Jan-13 23:01:57

Why? It's been out there for donkeys. It runs on my system, doesn't affect anyone else.

Valpollicella Thu 03-Jan-13 23:03:23

Noooo. I don't think banning will happen! (I will pm you the reason I got banned once ;) )

I just reckon they are gonna go all out on it working on the site as it's effectively subordinating what MNHQ have decreed grin

HotheadPaisan Thu 03-Jan-13 23:04:42

I think it was first posted on a chat thread and I've linked to it and discussed it many times in the past, many of the threads have had MNHQ people on them.

Have I done wrong? Will I get banged up? I've been in Twitter jail, I can take it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now