Sorry, sorry, sorry. HIDE POSTER button again.

(361 Posts)
IamtheZombie Thu 03-Jan-13 17:21:06

Zombie is old. Zombie is grumpy. She freely admits to those.

Zombie also has one tit left and there are a few posters who are really, really getting on it.

It's getting to the point that she's about ready to take an extended MN holiday just for the sake of her blood pressure and her sanity.

Please, please may we have a hide poster button?

HotheadPaisan Thu 03-Jan-13 21:53:38

On my phone but if you google some key words you should find it on an old thread. I will look on my PC later too.

GetorfsaMotherfuckingMorrisMan Thu 03-Jan-13 21:55:33

I would love this. There is a poster who just riles me up, no matter what she posts. She never starts a thread but just scatterguns her dubious wit all over the bloody place.

I don't know why they won't do it. But they won't.

skullcandy Thu 03-Jan-13 21:58:34

ecause people moan about it leaving holes in threads, clearly these people are idiots and dont actually understand how a hide poster option works

i second tee's assertion they ought to go check out the one delphiforums use, its effective, and you CAN still read the posts if you need to find out what they said, its just collapsed with the option to click to expand it!

GetorfsaMotherfuckingMorrisMan Thu 03-Jan-13 21:59:19

It would only leave a hole in your own thread - nobody else would see it.

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Thu 03-Jan-13 22:02:10

Don't you go anywhere zombs

Fuck the fuckers

ChippingInLovesChristmasLights Thu 03-Jan-13 22:04:38

Zombie - sorry you feel like this sad

Occasionally I'd like it, but actually - I'm too nosey!!

I would like 'splat-a-poster' so that when they just wont STFU and continue to be as thick as pig shit you can 'splat' them and their posts look like they've been slimed.

I don't want much grin

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

scottishmummy Thu 03-Jan-13 22:07:27

mnhq,habitually decline hide poster for good reason.it's daft idea
if you cannot regulate your response to other poster that's your problem,not theirs
no one sufficiently annoys me to want to hide,I dont let the words on screen permeate

TheSecondComing Thu 03-Jan-13 22:08:05

ArtexMonkey Thu 03-Jan-13 22:08:07

I'd love hide poster.

Gwan gwan gwan mnhq.

ArtexMonkey Thu 03-Jan-13 22:08:29

The script is brill but doesn't work on phones or iPads etc.

CometAndCupid Thu 03-Jan-13 22:10:56

I would love hide poster too.

I wouldn't hide many but there are two I would very much like to not see.

scottishmummy Thu 03-Jan-13 22:11:25

I dont commit names to memory so don't have mn history with posters
I have no preference,posters sometimes agree,other times disagree
im always surprised people have posters they dislike.life too short for online gripes

IamtheZombie Thu 03-Jan-13 22:15:27

Folks, I merely said that the current situation makes me want to take an extended MN holiday - not that I am going to go go forever. (And I would wake you all up before I did so. wink ) I've made too many friends and received too much very welcome support on here to abandon it lightly. But I am seriously not happy with a few of the fuckers.

TSC, I hope Bibbs reconsiders.

HotheadPaisan Thu 03-Jan-13 22:15:56

Discussions would improve I reckon, points would be addressed instead of people trying to be heard over the spats.

scottishmummy Thu 03-Jan-13 22:16:56

that's nature of open forum,some posts you likey.some not
only mnhq can moderate so either you accept plethora of posters or you seek different forum
mn is big forum,IMO there's something for everyone just don't expect to like it all

IamtheZombie Thu 03-Jan-13 22:17:21

Beer, you're right. But they wouldn't be getting on my poor left tit any longer!

GreenyEyes Thu 03-Jan-13 22:17:43

Most of the time I think Hide Poster is a daft idea, but then there are two posters who I just wish would fall off the face of the earth, the irritating bastards.

HotheadPaisan Thu 03-Jan-13 22:23:58

The script is called Mumsnet Favourites, it's an equal opportunities script, you can favourite or hide posters.

I'm doing it now.

Is anyone there?

Hello, hello?

GetorfsaMotherfuckingMorrisMan Thu 03-Jan-13 22:24:31

I wonder if we are all talking about the same wankers.

Haven't MNHQ replied yet?

IamtheZombie Thu 03-Jan-13 22:28:02

One wonders, GetOrf, one wonders.

Hothead, where does Zombie find this script and does it come with one syllable instructions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now