android app pinned posts

(16 Posts)
Indith Wed 02-Jan-13 21:54:27

is it just me or are there still pretty ancient pinned posts on the app rather than the newer ones on the desktop site? on the app I still have the old q and a, the thread about the app release etc at the top of active combos rather than the thank you thread, cheese feedback and so on I get on the website.

Indith Thu 03-Jan-13 08:16:45

Just me then?

Tech (MNHQ) Thu 03-Jan-13 08:27:54

Hi Indith, are you able to take a picture of what you see on the screen and email it to us? Ta.

glitch Thu 03-Jan-13 08:30:48

I have loads still there too.

Indith Thu 03-Jan-13 08:37:25

Take a picture of my phone? confused. Erm anyone know how to take a screenshot on my phone?

On computer now but have ohone with me. If I go onto Active on the App then I get

Appy days- Android, iphone and ipad apps released

Questions about working in the film industry?

Drum roll please- the android app has landed.

Breast feeding/expressings.......Philips Avent

Send in pics of your dcs dressing up as RAC patrol

Chicco Baby and Toddler feedback

All pinned.

Huffpot Thu 03-Jan-13 08:39:04

I get the same on the android app too but also dont know how to take a screen shot

glitch Sat 05-Jan-13 09:03:14

Just realised, I have different threads still stuck to those than indith listed.
I am on a phone that isn't an iphone (is that an android?).

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Sat 05-Jan-13 09:06:11

I've got the android announcement thread and the movember thread (amongst others) still at the top of actives.

there's no way to remove threads from my watching list either.

Indith Sat 05-Jan-13 09:17:47

Are they whatever was pinned when we installed the app I wonder? They are all about the right time so does it depend on the individual?

Tech the only way I can think of to send you a pitcture of the screen is to take a photo using the camera and that has no batteries, nor do I know where the cable to get the photo onto the computer is. Dh doesn't have a camera on his phone so can't oblige.

WandaDoff Sat 05-Jan-13 12:56:52

Press the power button & the wee pad at the same time for a screenshot on a Samsung smile

Indith Sat 05-Jan-13 12:59:39

I have a Sony Experia of the bottom of the range variety.

Indith Sat 05-Jan-13 13:03:33

I have googled by the way but the suggestions on there are not working.

glitch Sat 05-Jan-13 13:54:41

Gosh Wanda, it worked!! grin
No idea now how I would go about sending that to tech though.

WandaDoff Sat 05-Jan-13 14:19:28

It should be in your gallery or wherever your photos are.

I only discovered how to do it by accident, I don't know how to do it on any other make of phone unfortunately.

Indith Sat 05-Jan-13 18:34:16

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app and now have no pinned posts st all!

Livelongandprosper Sat 05-Jan-13 23:34:00

I took your advice and uninstalled then reinstalled the app and the stickies are gone! Thank goodness, I was getting really tired of seeing the movember thread etc etc. Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now