Um what does this mean?

(72 Posts)

confused
On the app it looks like someone just shat themselves.

What emotion is it supposed to portray?

IceTheChristmasKateMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 03-Jan-13 16:35:18

The weirdest thing is that the emoticons come through as normal on the big site. So you all look crazy.

BUT we know you and love you and do realise that the emoticons are screwed up. Sorry.

PickledInAPearTree Wed 02-Jan-13 20:16:25

Cowell grin

PickledInAPearTree Wed 02-Jan-13 20:15:47

It's a grin Brian but it has Simon cowe teeth in its smug gob!

TameGaloot Wed 02-Jan-13 20:07:23

��

Yeah they are but they're a selection of bad ones!

MirandaWest Wed 02-Jan-13 18:55:12

They're the emoji emoticon smileys aren't they? I use them on my iPhone and iPad. Don't use the MN app though as it always crashes on me

It looks like a grin of someone on acid. I'm looking at you mnhq.

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Wed 02-Jan-13 18:07:39

I think you are all mad.

But then I only MN on the mobile site (non app) or desktop, so this thread reads as though you are all taking acid.

grin

(that's a grin btw, no idea how it will turn out on your iPhone!)

shock I don't think this one has feelings anymore sandymumsnet.

Feeling all smug that despite having to waits YEARS for the Android app, ours are all still beautifully the same grin

Would like to see these ones though. ..

SandyMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 02-Jan-13 16:39:10

Loving all the malarkey folks. But please take note, these emoticons really do live in your phones (oh yes they do) and they have FEELINGS people, feelings.
<returns to console a sobbing biscuit>

HazeltheMcWitch Wed 02-Jan-13 15:31:49

Stupid android. I want to see all these shonky emoticons. I want to see a Nazi biscuit, dammit!

Also why does £ sign now read &pound; ????

Agreed!

GreatCongas Wed 02-Jan-13 10:36:37

Glass trees I do that on my phone too

GlassTrees Wed 02-Jan-13 07:16:59

I'm on an iPad and EVERY TIME I just rest my hand to read a thread I accidentally touch the Just Giving thing at the bottom and go whizzing off to it's web page. It's in the wrong place!!!!

I was wavering about starting this thread myself but I wasn't sure if everyone else had the shit faces and I would look a but mad.

Except now I never look mad or angry or hmmmy. Just very sad or dead-eyed. And I usually love a good hmm.

RubyrooUK Tue 01-Jan-13 22:52:17

I never use a desktop at home and generally find the app easier to read than the mobile version. Also I stay signed in on the app more effectively than through the mobile web version.

That's about it really.

Thick question probably but what is the benefit of the iphone app as opposed to viewing the webpage?

DrRanj Tue 01-Jan-13 22:48:49

shock Dead clown
confusedHalloween pumpkin
blushTripping on acid
biscuitMan with a 'fro
envy Wtf?
angryEvil devilly thing.

WildThongonthesparklytree Tue 01-Jan-13 22:48:19

biscuit clearly a jammy dodger
Or
biscuitbiscuit my eyes in the morning

DrinkFeckArseGirls Tue 01-Jan-13 22:44:25

Yes, it's the new iPhone app upgrade issue. sad

DrinkFeckArseGirls Tue 01-Jan-13 22:43:03

I already started a thread about it in site stuff yonks ago. Apparently they're on it hmm.

Perhaps it's an iPhone thing?

butterfingerz Tue 01-Jan-13 22:10:56

though I've always thought the mumsnet mug looks like it has a hash leaf on it rather than the logo... thought it was a 'special' brew...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now