self imposed ban

(26 Posts)

hi, can you getting yourself blocked from using mumsnet? if you think you should be getting on with other things but dont have the self discipline to stop yourself coming on here smile

BeerTricksPott3r Thu 29-Nov-12 22:51:49

That came out all wrong. Sorry blush

BeerTricksPott3r Thu 29-Nov-12 22:51:19

I could Stalk you and look disappointed, Val, if that would help at all?

wigglybeezer Thu 29-Nov-12 22:50:33

I have leechblock to keep me off Mumsnet 'til 6 o'clock, trouble is I then spend much of the evening on Mumsnet ignoring everyone else! Think I need a temp ban too. I like Mumsnet as a boost when feeling lonely ( work by myself) but I can't walk away. Thank goodness the Internet wasn't available when I was at school or I would never have got my homework done.

Valpollicella Thu 29-Nov-12 22:49:16

Gawd. I need to get stuff done. But then I feel Om not putting in the hours here... (win/lose)

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Thu 29-Nov-12 22:42:31

I thought you could get some sort of site blocker on your pc?
< Never been brave enough >

BeerTricksPott3r Thu 29-Nov-12 22:40:19

Yeah, yeah, you said wink

Valpollicella Thu 29-Nov-12 22:39:15

Its the Hotel California...

yip, it's too easy! needs to be done, see you all in a few months (weeks smile)

BeerTricksPott3r Thu 29-Nov-12 22:32:56

Ages and ages and ages about 3 weeks

Got stuff done, didn't really miss MN actually. Was PC based Stuff so sooooo tempting to just Log On for a quick look, isn't it?

beer how long did you stay away for?

BeerTricksPott3r Thu 29-Nov-12 22:00:06

Email them or Report your own thread.

I did it, they are very kind and accomodating although never begged me to stay as Helen said <eyebrow>

When you are ready and your studying is all done just email and they will lift the ban.

nope still here, need to email mnhq, need to or will never get any studying done, must resist mumsnet sad

EdnaScoggins Thu 29-Nov-12 21:54:17

Maybe Luke is the new god of MN.

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Thu 29-Nov-12 19:59:35

Could I have a monthly allowance like a phone contract please? I could lose hours of my life a day on this site if real life didn't keep interrupting so rudely.

BeerTricksPott3r Thu 29-Nov-12 19:55:10

Yup. What she really needs is MNHQ to come round and cut the plug off her computer.

Haha - I bet she's seen some dole-bludging-parent-and-child-parking-space-stealing-teen-mum-of-a-baby-with-pierced-ears-drinking-coke-from-a-bottle and is about to explode!

BeerTricksPott3r Thu 29-Nov-12 19:35:19

OP can't hear you. She has entered the frozen wasteland that is self-banning.
Right now she is gazing forlornly upon the thing that she wanted to concentrate fully on and scrolling desolately up and down the MN Homepage.

The last thread I read about this was by DaftPunk who did end up banned shockshockshock

Be careful what you wish for!

BluelightsAndSirens Thu 29-Nov-12 17:49:34

Olivia would fit the bill, not saying Helen doesn't or any fink.

I'm sure HelenMumsnet is a Higher Power - and Justine is an even higherer one!

EdnaScoggins Thu 29-Nov-12 17:05:22

Just so you know...12 Step Programmes involve God...or at least a Higher Power. (And I don't think HelenMumsnet counts as one of them. Although she might.)

BloominMarvellous Thu 29-Nov-12 16:53:25

Strike through fail! Bloody new phone!!

BloominMarvellous Thu 29-Nov-12 16:52:55

I'm still in the denial stage.

- - ignoring the pile of washing next to me that I need to put away--

ImperialStateKnickers Thu 29-Nov-12 16:50:45

Oooo hairy... maybe we need a 12 Step Programme? <gazes helplessly at sink full of dishes, laundry mountain, rioting dds...>

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 29-Nov-12 16:48:19

Yes, it can be arranged - though we might try to talk you out of it first wink

Just drop us a mail at contactus at mumsnet dot com and we'd be happy to help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now