'Appy days - Android, iPhone and iPad apps released

(286 Posts)
RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 29-Nov-12 13:51:38

Following on from the news of the release of our shiny new Android app, we are vair pleased to announce the release of the new and improved iPhone and iPad app.

All of our Talk apps are free to download and you can find lots more info on all things mobile here including an easy to scan and download QR code to get the mobile version on your phone.

Please do take a look and come back and tell us what you think.

<Gets DarrenMumsnet a cold flannel and a gin>

richardphelps9 Mon 18-Feb-13 16:44:22

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

geekette Mon 28-Jan-13 04:58:00

oh and I can see the topic a post is I at the top but I can't click on that to see more posts in that topic.

geekette Sat 26-Jan-13 20:20:55

been using the android app for a while now.
I like it but :

the sticky part of my active discussions list has not changed since the first run. it contains the commercial bits etc. it is never updated.

I cannot add topics to "my topics" without going through the list of topics. sometimes I stumble on a thread and want to have more of such threads but need to make a mental note of the topic and go searching for it...

will keep it short for now... thanks.

Jux Mon 14-Jan-13 20:26:40

Deleted, reinstalled (iPad).

Search topic still stuck on Local - Channel Islands. sad sorry.

Sleepyfergus Sun 06-Jan-13 18:08:59

Thanks! I should have mentioned that I'm on the iPhone, all up to date too.

Jux Sat 05-Jan-13 18:09:25

Thanks, Rowan. <feels terribly sorry for poor tech><offers coffee and cake>

I'm on iPad, btw. OS up to date.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 05-Jan-13 16:12:52

Aha, thanks for re-flagging the topics search issue - we will ask Tech to take a look.

Jux Sat 05-Jan-13 15:07:22

Ah! I see now.

Search function! Go for it, we know you can do it!

Jux Sat 05-Jan-13 15:04:34

Yes, I mentioned problems with the search function, but it probably got lost amongst all the crashes and stuff.

It still gets stuck on Local - Channel Islands, tech!

(I do like the emoticons, btw wink, but wonder if the sad face could be blue, the jealous, green? Or is that what the heart is for? Is there one for "I'm being dim again"? And I'm not entirely clear what these ones are: sad hmm but will look here via Safari, and I expect all will become clear!)

smilegrinwinkshockhmmconfusedblushangrysadenvybiscuitwinebrewthanks

Sleepyfergus Thu 03-Jan-13 22:55:28

Come across another problem. It's prob already been highlighted, but in case it hasn't....

Went to do a search and wanted restrict my search to within Style and Beauty. When scrolling through all the options (which are alphabetised) it only goes as far as Mumsnet Local - Channel Islands. So no option to chose a section beyond this. Hence I couldn't select S&B.

HTH and can be fixed as its great to have the potential to narrow down searches. Thanks smile

KnockMeDown Wed 02-Jan-13 18:33:25

Hi - downloaded the android app earlier. It's a shame that there are no pages on the threads, and no navigation to first, last etc. But to get around this, I changed the settings to last post at the top. This works better, so all good.

But now when I have gone on to Mumsnet on my laptop, all the threads I read are flipped! How do I get different settings on the app and on my laptop?

Would appreciate some help / advice. Thank-you!!

LittleTownofBethleHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 31-Dec-12 12:08:39

Jins

I'm guessing from the fact that the Kindle recommends Netmums as a suggested site that a Kindle app may be some time away

grin

Jins Mon 31-Dec-12 10:53:00

I'm guessing from the fact that the Kindle recommends Netmums as a suggested site that a Kindle app may be some time away

magentastardust Sat 29-Dec-12 23:48:17

Can we pls get a kindle mumsnet app pls ?

Biscuitsandtinsel Sat 29-Dec-12 09:00:49

If I get a long PM, I can't view all of it on the iPhone app. I can scroll down a bit but then the end of it disappears off the page and I can't scroll any further.

Sleepyfergus Thu 27-Dec-12 21:33:07

Please, please, PLEASE can you fix the pound sign. I'm on an iPhone and its frigging annoying reading '&pound' where the pound sign should be used.

Realise there are bigger problems in the world, but this is driving me crazy.

Thank you

nannynick Wed 26-Dec-12 17:37:00

testing, testing... Yep, the iPad app is working. I like it so far, only used it for 20 minutes so far. brew

JohnMacwak Fri 21-Dec-12 12:57:32

I am Going to download it....smile

Biscuitsandtinsel Mon 17-Dec-12 10:56:40

I've moaned a lot about the emoticons but I think I quite like the envy one being a heart - it seems a friendly 'ooh, you jammy thing you' sort of message. Although the green face did double up as a sick face nicely - handy on the pregnancy threads grin

ReindeerOutdoors Sun 16-Dec-12 15:32:34

Oh and if I click on a link, and after I have looked at it, want to return to the thread to see what people are saying about said link, I often find the app has chucked me out and I have to search through the thread again.

I know there's more pressing things to worry about, but while you're ironing out creases.....

ReindeerOutdoors Sun 16-Dec-12 15:30:04

Erm, sorry to keep moaning but active threads is really pissing me off. It seems like the same 10 or 15 threads on a loop, with the order shuffled around a bit each time. It's like Groundhog Day.

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Sun 16-Dec-12 12:39:43

If we're on wish lists here are two please for the mobile apps:
- being able to click on a username to see their profile
- being able to name change

CotherMuckingDude Sun 16-Dec-12 12:22:18

Oh, and can we have the search facility on the threads so we can search a particular word/poster?

CotherMuckingDude Sun 16-Dec-12 12:20:30

Sorry if I'm repeating what others have said but please please please can we have:
-Highlighted posts for us and the op and mnhq.
-The ability to tap on the subject title to go to that subject.
-And most importantly BOOKMARKS. Long threads are impossible to keep up with.

This is on Android btw.

Ta muchly in advance.

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Sun 16-Dec-12 10:32:02

Kate Emoticons are still confusing because they look nothing like what they look on the web, and the bold still doesn't show. Thanks for trying to sort these issues out smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now