'Appy days - Android, iPhone and iPad apps released

(286 Posts)
RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 29-Nov-12 13:51:38

Following on from the news of the release of our shiny new Android app, we are vair pleased to announce the release of the new and improved iPhone and iPad app.

All of our Talk apps are free to download and you can find lots more info on all things mobile here including an easy to scan and download QR code to get the mobile version on your phone.

Please do take a look and come back and tell us what you think.

<Gets DarrenMumsnet a cold flannel and a gin>

MmeLindor Thu 29-Nov-12 15:52:20

Oooh. I like the refresh button. Jolly good. envy

MmeLindor Thu 29-Nov-12 15:53:10

Ha. That was a heart on my iPhone. Not a <puke> face. shock

Oh boy, that's a bit of a difference, MmeL!!!!

PoppyAmex Thu 29-Nov-12 15:59:38

Is the "most active" option gone?

LadyIsabellaWrotham Thu 29-Nov-12 16:23:59

Hmm
Have just updated iPhone app - never previously used it (always use mobile site) because I use "I'm on" a lot and app a bit rubbish for that.

So, updated app and tried "I'm on" again:
1) just gives you a list, not the truncated latest posts, so you can't see what's happened without clicking through
2) when you do click through it takes you to the top of the thread so you have to scroll down to where you were - for things like the Strictly / Downton / post-natal threads, which can run up to a thousand posts over a period of weeks/months this is not helpful (I know you can flip, but that's one more step <picky>) I like being able to click straight through to the latest unread post (out of the last 5)
3) trying to click through to the Georgette Heyer thread crashes the app completely shock

Mine is a bit crashy too- I can't click through to my antenatal thread.
I do like the refresh button though, and the bigger posting box. I also like not having to have the threads divided into pages.
I would like to be able to see posters profiles and pics on the pics thread, also echo what others have said about the bookmarking/ coloured posts being useful.
But especially the emoticons, it's so weird having the mismatching ones!!!

Cherrypi Thu 29-Nov-12 17:05:26

Can you remove topics from my topics now? I can't figure it out. Thanks.

JambalayaWarmMincePie Thu 29-Nov-12 17:19:00

I don't like it!!!confusedconfusedconfusedconfusedhmmhmmhmmhmmhmmhmmhmm

SweetMingePie Thu 29-Nov-12 17:21:59

Ipad app! Let me check that out!

Startail Thu 29-Nov-12 17:24:09

7/10
Nice and clear, full tread titles, haven't tried links yet, but what isshockconfusedenvy for
Andwinecocktails instead of wine and brew cups instead of mugs it's too posh.

SweetMingePie Thu 29-Nov-12 17:24:21

Testing, testing 123

SweetMingePie Thu 29-Nov-12 17:27:08

Hmm, not sure I like it (ipad).

I use old style MN so this looks newer.

Will have to see if I grows on me.

Ploom Thu 29-Nov-12 17:30:06

Like that the screen for typing on the iphone/ipod app is bigger than before but still frustrated that you cant see what anyone has posted while you're typing a post - makes it difficult on long running threads where posters name check each other.

Always takes a while to get used to an update but it seems better so far.

openerofjars Thu 29-Nov-12 17:30:11

Gosh. Well. I see from my notes that the iPad app is rated 9+ for Infrequent Mild/Mature Suggestive Themes and Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour on the App Store.

Come on, people. We clearly aren't trying hard enough here.

Maybe they haven't looked at the app on a Friday.

LostInWales Thu 29-Nov-12 17:36:08

wineI find very pleasing. That was all, thank you.

MyNameIsLola Thu 29-Nov-12 17:39:10

Can I add my complaint please. The app (iphone) crashes for me every time I try to flip the thread hmm

Keeps crashing on me on iPad.

confused looks nothing like the old hmm! Looks more like someone sobbing! I do like the new app overall though, much clearer, and nice to be able to access pms now.

Am not 'appy sad <-- see

Updated iPhone app - it crashes EVERY time I change page. Can I get the old one back?!

LostInWales Thu 29-Nov-12 18:03:11

The only thread it goes a bit wonky on for me is this one wink

I can't get past the first page of posts confused
And where has 'Most Active' gone? That's my favourite bit!

Of course this may have already been said, but like I said I can't see everything!

DorsetKnob Thu 29-Nov-12 18:26:09

Android app downloads and then crashes

Pascha Thu 29-Nov-12 18:33:34

Total fail for my pathetically old iphone which doesn't support it. Oh well. The mobile site still works.

<wails> I can't read anything it keeps crashing on me!!!! I can't even get into my post-natal thread because it just chucks me off the site confused

BlameItOnTheCuervo Thu 29-Nov-12 18:44:12

Are you planning a blackberry app?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now