Drum roll please >>> the Android app has landed

(168 Posts)
RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 27-Nov-12 16:17:59

Yy, we know it's been a long time coming but we finally have the free to download Mumsnet Talk Android app

If you want to find out more about getting MN on your mobile device, we have a plethora of info for you here including some very exciting news about the soon-to-be-released all being well shiny new Apple app.

And we even have an easy to scan and download QR code to get the mobile version on your phone - what more could you want?
Disclaimer: That was a rhetorical question grin

So please do download and enjoy, as ever, feedback is always welcome.

NetworkGuy Sat 01-Dec-12 05:36:26

Gah - thought I was posting on 'Appy days' about Android iPhonar and iPad as that was one I looked at on the App smile

NetworkGuy Sat 01-Dec-12 05:53:19

Have seen 'add message' is available via different menu, but would like to be able to see all threads in a topic area. Since topic is displayed, can that somehow be made clickable to go directly there (eg straight to Site Stuff from this thread) to avoid several clicks to get to a list of threads ? TIA

msrisotto Sat 01-Dec-12 23:15:35

Am also back to the mobile site as cant see which of the thread sim on has been updated on the android app.

mmichellepfei Mon 03-Dec-12 18:50:54

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Kittycatcat Wed 05-Dec-12 07:55:26

I have the apple app and it keeps crashing. Specifically when I try to flip a thread I'm on.

Kittycatcat Wed 05-Dec-12 07:59:27

And.... After reading this I changed flip in settings and now the app crashes as soon as I click threads I'm on!

vvilmasanto Wed 05-Dec-12 20:59:17

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Spirael Thu 06-Dec-12 11:34:00

Another request here to make the screen rotate automatically and include a horizontal option!

I downloaded the Android App on my (Asus Transformer) tablet. It defaults to upside down (given the way the cover makes me hold the tablet) in vertical mode and won't shift to horizontal when I connect the keyboard to type a post.

Makes it unusable at the moment. I'll stick to using the full site on the tablet browser for now.

RudolphsNoseInMyXmasStocking Thu 06-Dec-12 21:48:29

Can't see how to start a new thread in a topic? Can anyone offer some help please!

IceTheChristmasKateMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 07-Dec-12 12:31:47

Hi all,

We are aware that there are some ishoos with our app, but we've been taking keen notes and have passed them onto tech. Some fixes will be worked out soon.

There's a big thread for moaning feedback here

juliewalt Fri 07-Dec-12 21:24:47

Sorry, haven't read the whole thread.

I dislike the fact that my watched threads are listed in any old order and I can't change it.

When I view active threads and get to the bottom of the page the page refreshes and jumps back up the page.

I'm using the app on a Nexus 7.

ColetteTech (MNHQ) Mon 10-Dec-12 15:53:43

RudolphsNoseInMyXmasStocking

Can't see how to start a new thread in a topic? Can anyone offer some help please!

Hi Rudolphsnose,
To start a new thread, go to Topics > Whatever Topic you want to post in and then tap the 3 dots in the top right hand corner and select 'Add to my topics'.

ColetteTech

ColetteTech (MNHQ) Mon 10-Dec-12 16:00:10

CelticPromise

I quite like it. Mobile site drives me mad, I'm forever accidentally clicking top, bottom or report.

<fat thumbs>

I don't like the upside down threads though.

Hi CelticPromise, you can change the reading order by going to 'Menu> Settings> Flip Direction' OR if you just want to flip the thread you're reading then tap on the 3 dots in the top right hand corner and select 'Flip this thread'

ColetteTech

ColetteTech (MNHQ) Mon 10-Dec-12 16:05:59

funchum8am

I must be being dim....how do I reply to a post? Clicking on the arrow thingy only offers me Report Post or PM user...

Hi funchum8am,
When you're in the thread you want to reply to, click the 3 dots in the top right hand corner and then tap 'Add Message'.

ColetteTech

ColetteTech (MNHQ) Mon 10-Dec-12 16:07:40

glitch

I like it but why is the original post at the bottom of the page? Is it just me or is everyone reading the threads backwards?

Hi glitch,
Go to Settings on the Home Screen and press flip direction, this will make the first post at the top.

ColetteTech

ColetteTech (MNHQ) Mon 10-Dec-12 16:09:28

valpollicella

I've just noticed that when the thread is long, and it loads more of the messages you suddenly lose where you were on the thread, so you have to scroll back up

Also, would it be possible to have a button that returns you to Active, instead of going back to Home and then Active? If I've spent an age reading an epic thread, I usually think, ah no point in going Back as all of the threads I hadn't clicked on will have moved on, so I would go to Active to refresh.

Don't seem to be able to do that now without goin g to home and active (MINOR issue btw)

<niggles>

<gin>

Hi valpollicella,
Do you have a back button on your handset? You can use this to go back one step rather than having to go via the Home Screen.

Hope that makes sense?

ColetteTech

ColetteTech (MNHQ) Mon 10-Dec-12 16:24:02

Hi All,

Thanks for your feedback, I've tried to answer some of the easier things but have made a massive list of all the other things you've mentioned which I will pass on.

One general thing, I think if you've got a smaller phone screen the text box is being hidden by the keyboard- I'll make a note of this to see if we can make it scroll in the background so you can see your post!

ColetteTech

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now