Drum roll please >>> the Android app has landed

(168 Posts)
RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 27-Nov-12 16:17:59

Yy, we know it's been a long time coming but we finally have the free to download Mumsnet Talk Android app

If you want to find out more about getting MN on your mobile device, we have a plethora of info for you here including some very exciting news about the soon-to-be-released all being well shiny new Apple app.

And we even have an easy to scan and download QR code to get the mobile version on your phone - what more could you want?
Disclaimer: That was a rhetorical question grin

So please do download and enjoy, as ever, feedback is always welcome.

varicoseveined Tue 27-Nov-12 21:07:52

Bluetinkerbell it's the same on the iOS app, no landscape mode either

MyMelody Tue 27-Nov-12 21:10:03

its definitely more user friendly than the mobile site, loads up faster and seems generally more responsive ....

AnyFuckingDude Tue 27-Nov-12 21:12:08

I like it. Thanks, HQ.

I suspect some of you peeps are a bit change-averse wink < ducks>

chocolateistheenemy Tue 27-Nov-12 21:13:49

MissLToe you're welcome grin
Anyone else getting Force Closed messages though? Am getting a bit frustrated...
I do like the look of it and the navigation is nice and simple. However I'd prefer to see the OP at the top of the thread, as on the Mobile Site, without having to flip how terribly fussy and picky

MyMelody Tue 27-Nov-12 21:16:45

I like the my topics bit, just been setting that up.

you can change flip preference in 'my settings'

valpollicella Tue 27-Nov-12 21:20:57

I've just noticed that when the thread is long, and it loads more of the messages you suddenly lose where you were on the thread, so you have to scroll back up

Also, would it be possible to have a button that returns you to Active, instead of going back to Home and then Active? If I've spent an age reading an epic thread, I usually think, ah no point in going Back as all of the threads I hadn't clicked on will have moved on, so I would go to Active to refresh.

Don't seem to be able to do that now without goin g to home and active (MINOR issue btw)

<niggles>

<gin>

PPPop Tue 27-Nov-12 21:22:08

dowloaded and it looks good, but its all sideways sad

im on a htc cha cha, can you get it to rotate as im getting dizzy and i wont last long on the app like this sad

love the smileys tho grin i can go crazy with them now confused wine wine brew

MyMelody Tue 27-Nov-12 21:24:14

I'm liking it, well done Mn!wine wine
only issue for me is not seeing what I type, but I do really like it, will have another play tomorrow smile

PPPop Tue 27-Nov-12 21:24:49

God, my grammar is shocking on my phone. I can see now why txt spk is so prevalent, especially if everyone is looking at their phone at an angle like i am now. grin

yellowbottle Tue 27-Nov-12 21:28:42

Its probably been said, but I don't like the transparent background on the icon. I'd prefer blue and white. It looks odd on my phone's background. That's as far as I've gotten.

glitch Tue 27-Nov-12 21:35:10

I like it but why is the original post at the bottom of the page? Is it just me or is everyone reading the threads backwards?

Indith Tue 27-Nov-12 21:52:42

testing testing.these are good but I can't see what I'm typing.smile grin sad wink .and how do get back to home? do you just have to press your back button? at the moment I think I prefer the mobile site for navigation.

Indith Tue 27-Nov-12 21:53:34

found the home button grin

Indith Tue 27-Nov-12 21:57:49

I have s local Dundee thread in my active combos so does the app end up showing all the local threads? that could get annoying.

varicoseveined Tue 27-Nov-12 22:00:51

now downloaded and using it. I like it! Fairly straightforward so far smile

MrsShrek3 Tue 27-Nov-12 22:46:23

actcherly its better than the iphone app. imho. I've just got an android tab and phone a week ago, have had enough of iphones!! very good timing, MNHQgrin

purpleroses Tue 27-Nov-12 22:49:52

nice to have an app but it's a shame you've made it so there's no way of seeing the thread when you're typing your post.

HazeltheMcWitch Tue 27-Nov-12 22:55:00

ooh, me likely. as with everyone else, I'd have liked bookmarks, poster highlighting and a landscape mode but I do still like this.

so many emoticons at my fingertips. maybe it'll put me in touch with my emotions? wink wink biscuit thanks

Trills Tue 27-Nov-12 22:55:29

Where? Where is the QR code?

Do people actually use QR codes?

poachedeggs Tue 27-Nov-12 23:24:57

woohoo! Love the smilies smile grin sad wink shock angry envy angry shock wink sad grin smile

Struggling with inability to return to root menu from a thread - have top go back via home screen which is tedious. Good start though, definitely!

HazeltheMcWitch Tue 27-Nov-12 23:33:52

The QR code is on the 2d link in the OP, Trills

But no, generally no one uses QR much, do they? How long will they be around for, do you think?

HazeltheMcWitch Tue 27-Nov-12 23:34:06

Sorry, QR here

funchum8am Wed 28-Nov-12 02:53:23

I must be being dim....how do I reply to a post? Clicking on the arrow thingy only offers me Report Post or PM user...

Mcnorton Wed 28-Nov-12 06:31:34

is it just me who can't work out how to remove things from My Topics? I expect I'm being dim!

upinthehills Wed 28-Nov-12 07:22:23

Not sure if it has been said - but i like going via active convos to a thread then clicking on the topic to explore more threads in the same topic cant seem to do that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now