Am I the only one who can;t unhide hidden threads?

(38 Posts)

confused

I'm usually ept.

sad

VicarInaTutu Wed 21-Nov-12 22:35:42

no i cant either.
normally if ive hidden one though i dont feel any need to unhide it again unless i did it by accident!

GreenyEyes Wed 21-Nov-12 22:38:26

I've never tried.

Once I hide, they are dead to me. Dead.

Lougle Wed 21-Nov-12 22:40:47

In the interests of scientific analysis, I hid two threads in Active Convos. They don't show in my 'hidden threads' and I can't unhide them either.

THIS IS SERIOuS THEN.

<<runs in corcles>>

What to do?

[frenzied]

Were they GoodUns, Lougle?

Are you breft?

exexpat Wed 21-Nov-12 22:45:39

Look right underneath Mumsnet Talk - where it says 'customise' on the top left. Click, and scroll right down to the bottom, and it gives you a link to manage your hidden conversations.

I expect there's a quicker way, but that's how I always find it.

RustyBear Wed 21-Nov-12 22:46:59

Go to Active Convos
Scroll down to the bottom of the page
Click on Manage Hidden Threads
Wait for the box to appear (it takes a few seconds)
Find the thread you want to unhide and click Show

It will then appear in Active Convos (but only if it would have been there anyway)

Lougle Wed 21-Nov-12 22:48:09

It was a sacrifice, Chaos. I have tissues <sob> of course, if my 'hidden threads' was working, I'd be able to tell you what they were grin

exexpat, that is a wonderfully concise description of the process of unhiding threads. If the hidden conversations section was working wink

exexpat Wed 21-Nov-12 22:49:37

Ah - didn't spot the post where you said they weren't showing. Time to put a shout-out to tech, then?

GreenyEyes Wed 21-Nov-12 22:49:53

It's not showing any of my hidden threads, no.

And there should be LOADS

GreenyEyes Wed 21-Nov-12 22:51:16

No don't. I think I actually prefer the thought that they've whooshed into thin air.

Lougle Wed 21-Nov-12 22:53:32

Ooooh errrrr, RustyBear. Now that reveals the threads I have hidden.

Chaos, I can now reveal that the sacrificed threads were:

Style and Beauty: How much do you weigh if you are 5'8.

Credit Crunch: 1 year challenge to clear debts.

I can't link, because...drum roll....

THEY ARE STILL HIDDEN DESPITE CLICKING THE CLICKY BUTTON.

OOOOOOOoooooOOOOooooooH.

look at you exexpat and RustyB going all knowledgeablebabble on us.

Well, that doesn't work if the system has been swannied, now does it?

<<pokes tongue out>>

exexpat Wed 21-Nov-12 22:54:17

I couldn't remember if I was meant to have any hidden threads on the list, so I just hid the chocolate tombola thread as an experiment. It has indeed been wiped off the face of the earth. Now I'll never know where to buy cheap chocolate sad

Cooeee, Tech, where are you?

Lougle Wed 21-Nov-12 22:55:35

I bet techs won't fix it. They'll just change 'hide thread' to 'annihilate thread' wink

exexpat Wed 21-Nov-12 22:57:04

Humph. I just tried following Rusty's instructions since they are obviously vastly superior to mine but there is no link to manage hidden threads at the bottom of my active conversations. I suspect a plot.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 21-Nov-12 22:57:37

ChaosTrulyReigns

confused

I'm usually ept.

sad

You sure about that?
<eyes multiple multiple posts>
{eyebrows}

Maryz Wed 21-Nov-12 22:58:01

If I decide to hide a thread it is obviously not worth reading, so therefore (by definition) I won't ever want to unhide it [gavel]

unless I have made a tit of myself, which is quite possible, in which case it is better for my mental health if it disappears forever

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 21-Nov-12 22:58:52

However, I am not sure you are the first to moan notice this.
We will look.

exexpat Wed 21-Nov-12 23:00:58

Ah, MaryZ, you obviously don't have fat clumsy fingers like mine because I keep swiping the 'hide thread' button by mistake on threads I actually want to read.

OK, I know it's my fault for using the iPad instead of the creaky old netbook.

Sarahbeanieslawyer Wed 21-Nov-12 23:02:34

I can't unhide hidden threads either, been trying to get style and beauty back for ages....

I don't have a manage hidden threads heading ....

Maryz Wed 21-Nov-12 23:02:40

But in the interest of research, I've just hidden the bodybuilder/dating thread.

And when I go to "customise", scroll down, go to "Ignore Topics" and click on go "here" there is indeed nothing shock.

No hidden topics or threads.

But my topics are still hidden, as the viroid thread doesn't appear on my "Active" despite there being a post on it 3 minutes ago.

I am confussed and bewildered.

Ahem.

I may not be thr first OhElEmEn, but I do it with style.

Yussirree.

wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now