MN allows racism to stand

(606 Posts)
amillionyears Tue 13-Nov-12 14:50:12

I have reported it 3 times today, 1 before 9am.
Heard nothing from them.

MmeLindor Tue 13-Nov-12 17:05:23

I have have German family and expect everyone who posts on MN to know this and DON'T MENTION THE WAR in case I get upset. You can damn well add it to your spreadsheets.

MotherfuckingMorrisMan Tue 13-Nov-12 17:06:27

DIES laughing.

Absolutely fucking DIES.

This is brilliant.

Helen you are a genius.

MotherfuckingMorrisMan Tue 13-Nov-12 17:06:59

I am from the south west.

DON'T YOU TALK TO ME ABOUT THE WURZELS.

puds11 Tue 13-Nov-12 17:07:06

<wonders just how mad a box of frogs would be>

Hully your on form! grin

MmeLindor Tue 13-Nov-12 17:07:51

And I'm Scottish too so if you think I'll allow any kind of deep fried mars bar jokes on here, you are VERY MUCH MISTAKEN

MotherfuckingMorrisMan Tue 13-Nov-12 17:08:14

And when you say to your children 'get up that wooden hill to Bedfordshire' do you actually realise that you are maligning those poor souls from Milton Keynes. <sadface>

BlameItOnTheCuervHoHoHo Tue 13-Nov-12 17:08:59

I have irish relatives. Someone said I was having a paddy. Missssss!

lljkk Tue 13-Nov-12 17:09:08

I'm mad as a box of frogs.
Does MN delete posts for being personal attacks on oneself? confused

maybe it's okay since my French origins are rather tenuous to say the least.

MmeLindor Tue 13-Nov-12 17:10:11

Someone called me a fruitcake once.

I had her deleted, on account of me being from Dundee.

Was nasty racism, it was.

usualsuspect3 Tue 13-Nov-12 17:10:52

At least I know what amillion was on about now, when she told us to be careful what we said.

That was bugging me a bit last night.

MaryZezItsOnlyJustNovember Tue 13-Nov-12 17:11:41

Cuervo, the term "having a Paddy" has been reported as racist on here. There was a whole thread about it, since deleted as it went a bit downhill.

I distinctly remember, because I said I didn't mind it the term, and I was told that it wasn't up to me to say it wasn't racist because I was Irish confused and therefore could use it if I wanted to. But I shouldn't let other people use it because it was obviously racist [baffled]

MotherfuckingMorrisMan Tue 13-Nov-12 17:11:50

lol at Dundee.

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Tue 13-Nov-12 17:11:53

Mad as a box of frogs is a personal attack? confused

Is it ok to say Your post makes you sound as mad as a box of frogs and here's why?

BlameItOnTheCuervHoHoHo Tue 13-Nov-12 17:12:08

Dh called me a big softy. He was blatently being sizeist. Should I Leave The Bastard?

MotherfuckingMorrisMan Tue 13-Nov-12 17:12:25

I rememeber that Maryz.

MotherfuckingMorrisMan Tue 13-Nov-12 17:12:58

What happens if you call someone a tosser?

Is it anti shrove Tuesday?

BlameItOnTheCuervHoHoHo Tue 13-Nov-12 17:13:03

Maryz, really? Was the op on the thread?

FellatioNelson Tue 13-Nov-12 17:14:15

PMSL. This place is bonkers sometimes.

I think when people say 'mad as a box of frogs' they don't generally mean a box of French people.

Or do they? confused

BlameItOnTheCuervHoHoHo Tue 13-Nov-12 17:14:38

Flat as a pancake? Those poor, poor crepes.

Crikey. MNHQ often takes days to get back to me, clearly I should be steaming mad (as opposed to realizing they have millions of users and a free site and I'd sound like a twat to assume mine was the only complaint they had to check ...).

OTOH (see how I'm slipping this in after defending you, HQ? It's not really very subtle, but ...), they did over the weekend tell me that it's not homophobic to liken gay people getting married to underage children having sex.

And I queried, and they've not replied.

I would like to point out actually, yes, it is homophobic, on account of how gay adults are not in quite the same position as children, and comparing the two is a tiny, tiny bit like implying gay adults aren't in the same position as straight adults but are rather more like children breaking the law ...

As you were.

MarshaBrady Tue 13-Nov-12 17:15:06

Very funny

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 13-Nov-12 17:15:15

OK, OK, let's not turn this into a personal attack on amillionyears. She was quite right to report to us posts that concerned her and that she thought might break our guidelines. We always welcome reports like this.

We just wanted to make it clear that, while we were obviously a bit tardy to delete those personal attacks, we would never let racist posts stand for a moment longer than we could possibly manage.

usualsuspect3 Tue 13-Nov-12 17:15:28

As bad as a box of french fancies.

usualsuspect3 Tue 13-Nov-12 17:15:48

Mad*

MaryZezItsOnlyJustNovember Tue 13-Nov-12 17:16:13

There were hundreds of people on the thread Cuervo. It went on and on and on and on. And on.

The vast majority of Irish people didn't think it was racist. But one or two did, so obviously it is unacceptable to use it hmm.

As far as I remember it was the week after the whole LeQueen dissing the entire Irish Nation, so mumsnet was rife with sniggering offended Irish grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now