Local whinge - Devon

(4 Posts)
RudolphUcker Fri 09-Nov-12 13:54:09

Hello MNHQ. It's SuePurblybilt here btw.

You may remember I have been whining for a couple of years about the local boards historically being fairly useless in Devon - we have Plymouth and Exeter but nothing for the North of the (huge) county. To give some perspective, Exeter is about an hour and a half's drive from here to the outskirts, and I'm not at the 'top' of the county.

We're a big county, and rural, which I know means that you're not going to find a town that's close to everyone. But I feel you could do better than concentrating all your ''local'' activity on the South Coast, certainly. A few of us offered to talk to you about local 'boundaries' which I think you said you'd come back to us about.

My previous whinges were met with very nice responses, along the lines of 'wait for the new local!'. Well, I have - and if there's been a change, I can't find it.

Is a more local, local board for the rest of Devon still in the pipeline? Did you decide not to do one? I have asked quite a few times now, it would be good to get a final answer.

Goldensunnydays81 Fri 09-Nov-12 13:58:33

Ooh I am in north devon and it is very frustrating all the local stuff is Exeter which is so far away!!
Think more devon stuff would be great.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 09-Nov-12 14:13:55

Hello. How about this?

RudolphUcker Fri 09-Nov-12 14:32:36

Aha. So there's a Devon, a Plymouth AND an Exeter?
Is that how it works? I thought Devon was the umbrella and then you went in to the more local locals, iyswim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now