WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT SOWN THE SIDE OF MY PAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

(54 Posts)
HoneyDragon Tue 06-Nov-12 17:33:00

Make it go away back to the home page.

Fuck of P&O and Orlando Fuck off

<<clutches eyes>>

seriously, might as well have tickers and glittery shit

EIizaDay Tue 13-Nov-12 08:32:29

Hurrah, it's gone.

FiercePanda Fri 09-Nov-12 11:54:16

To whomever had the bright idea to sell scrolling advertising curtains on the MN homepage - it looks shite and makes me stubby. Please get rid, it was bad enough the last time.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Fri 09-Nov-12 11:22:47

It does look cheap and naff doesn't it!

EIizaDay Fri 09-Nov-12 06:12:14

I've still got it. Tis horrible. I use Firefox with ads banned for this very reason so I don't know why this one has managed to slip through. It is making Mumsnet look a bit cheap and tacky isn't it.

Sparklingbrook Thu 08-Nov-12 21:31:25

The MN Homepage is a fair feast for the eyes at the moment. Quite a lot going on and not in a good way. sad

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Thu 08-Nov-12 21:29:02

Just to say, i love Orlando, probably more than most people. I have been loads, and i am going back in July.

But for the love of all that is holy can you please, PLEASE get rid of that awful advertising down the side of the home page - no-one's going to see it and think, oh i know after i've finished calling this poster a stupid fecker i'll book a family break.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 06-Nov-12 19:23:45

ABatInBunkFive

Your damned right it's an error, but i'll still share my vodka if you GET RID OF IT wink

Now, if it were gin you were offering...

FiercePanda Tue 06-Nov-12 18:14:06

It is HORRIBLE. I know it's only on the homepage but that's bad enough. Please get rid MN, ads are fine, but not ones that are so flipping in-your-face.

RarelyUnreasonable Tue 06-Nov-12 17:59:49

I'll forgive mn if I win the bastard cruise. BUT have you seen? It's to Belgium. Insult to injury or what? I like Belgium, but it's hardly st lucia!

ThatVikRinA22 Tue 06-Nov-12 17:53:14

tfft! you can go off a forum you know....especially when it makes your eyes bleed!

<passes vodka round>

HoneyDragon Tue 06-Nov-12 17:51:35

Soupy, why whatever makes you say that? grin

Your damned right it's an error, but i'll still share my vodka if you GET RID OF IT wink

QueenofNightmares Tue 06-Nov-12 17:50:06

Cunting P&O cruises angry I refuse to blame MN for the patronizing rich bastards.

SoupDragon Tue 06-Nov-12 17:50:05

OTT? much?

NulliusInBlurba Tue 06-Nov-12 17:49:51

Ah, tis gone already, phew.

NulliusInBlurba Tue 06-Nov-12 17:49:01

The best way of dealing with it is by narrowing the window down on either side - you can get it so it disappears altogether, and that's just the right width so you can read all the text on threads.

HoneyDragon Tue 06-Nov-12 17:47:52

<<slips gin under desk>>

NulliusInBlurba Tue 06-Nov-12 17:47:45

I've reported it to AdBlockerPlus - don't know if they can do anything about it.

This is the kind of advertising that makes me go out of my way NOT to use or recommend the company involved. Feckin P and feckin O cruises - bit of an insult to those who are struggling to pay basic debts and feed their kids right now!

HoneyDragon Tue 06-Nov-12 17:47:25

Oh Rowan thank god. I thought you all hated us.

thanks

HoneyDragon Tue 06-Nov-12 17:46:49

It's gone off threads I'm on now

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 06-Nov-12 17:46:44

Hello

Really sorry about this - tis an error. It will be gone very soon...

<hides under desk>

HoneyDragon Tue 06-Nov-12 17:45:35

Yup. I'll stay on Mnet for any amount of weird shit. But not this.

Hassled Tue 06-Nov-12 17:45:25

I hate it too. The thought of being trapped on a big ship makes me want to cry - and now I have to have that thought all the time. And the either side thing reinforces the trapped thing - it's like MN are recreating my worst nightmare through the medium of advertising <sobs>.

HoneyDragon Tue 06-Nov-12 17:44:56

I don't do that sort of cruising. I do the other sort.

It's fine when you clicked on a thread but you can't find a thread to click on due to violation of your retinas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now