Deleted Messages messages. IYSWIM.

(41 Posts)

Dearest MNHQ. I would hate to add to your workload but can we look again at having different messages when posts are deleted?

I know it's been said before, but just having 'deleted for breaking Talk Guidelines' can make one look like a bit of a cunt, tbh.

Could you not have a choice of a few standard phrases? 'message deleted for legal/copyright reasons', 'message deleted for advertising/spamming', 'message deleted for breaking Talk guidelines' etc?

I think most of us associate the standard 'deleted' message with someone having said something awful or having made a personal attack. Which is clearly not always the case.

Thanks smile

Brycie Sun 04-Nov-12 10:27:45

Yes Yes sparkling. It's the equivalent of my mother's "Think on".

Sparklingbrook Sun 04-Nov-12 10:32:25

<arf> at 'think on' Brycie.

Sounds like stalemate on the dog poo thread then. The perfect time for MNHQ to intercept the thread with 'This thread will shortly be deleted for being ridiculous frankly' grin

Brycie Sun 04-Nov-12 10:47:12

something revolting about the conjunction of "dog poo" and"stalemate" there

gah gah gah

LadyMaryCreepyCrawley Sun 04-Nov-12 10:55:40
flyoverthegoldenhill Sun 04-Nov-12 11:09:53

Couldn't we have one that says Post deleted due to excessive overbearing smugness or no it really was just shite

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Sun 04-Nov-12 11:15:13

I got deleted once for someone ELSE calling me a fucking nasty cunt.

Just sayin'.

<still crying about the injustice>

Trills Sun 04-Nov-12 11:21:08

Back in the day before post highlighting you could just type

Message deleted by Mumsnet

if you wanted to say something nasty, and just skip the middle stages altogether.

Sparklingbrook Sun 04-Nov-12 11:22:19

Olivia has been over to the dog poo thread and put 'Ahem' but I know she really wanted to say 'This is a bloody ridiculous thread'. wink

That's true Trills, but they copped on to that one.
I didn't bother with the dog shit thread. Who has time to care? Not I, I have important things to discuss like X Factor.

Brycie Sun 04-Nov-12 11:38:47

Thing is about half the threads here are ridiculous. Most of it is just a time killer. It does go wrong though when what one person sees as a bit of time killing, another person is getting really worked up about.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Fri 09-Nov-12 15:18:01

Could we at least start with "message deleted for referencing a rule-breaking post"?

Lougle Fri 09-Nov-12 15:28:30

You could have some really fun ones.

Say, someone posts about how MNHQ might identify a troll, the deleted thread could be changed to 'TSSNCOP'

If someone says something after other posts have been deleted, it could be 'Now, now, don't be Norty'

etc

Trills Fri 09-Nov-12 16:57:54

Message deleted for saying Mitmoo.

RudolphUcker Fri 09-Nov-12 17:03:22

Message deleted as poster was finally goaded to breaking point? grin

Lougle Fri 09-Nov-12 17:26:30

Message deleted because it was sooo boring.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Fri 09-Nov-12 18:09:05

Rudolph that's a good one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now