Mobile app acting weird

(58 Posts)
ipotty Fri 02-Nov-12 18:23:55

Hi MNHQ
Is there a problem with the mobile app at the moment that you're aware of? My active conversations is playing up. It shows the same few threads by posters at the top instead of the usual MN threads that are there. I have deleted and reloaded the app but its just the same. Thank you!!

Tech (MNHQ) Fri 16-Nov-12 17:53:30

Hi Henrietta, I think if you kill it (instructions above) then restart it that should right itself.

More app issues!

It keeps retaining the topic area and subject from an area I was previously browsing.

It prevents me from reading a full subject title and from posting.

Can you so anything? Pretty please?

SufferingLampreys Tue 06-Nov-12 14:17:20

Apps completely died on me now
Had all the problems mentioned on here and now it won't even let me sign in

RubyrooUK Mon 05-Nov-12 19:47:12

Thanks Tech - that has indeed sorted the issue. Will attempt not to have anything else to add to this thread....grin

Tech (MNHQ) Mon 05-Nov-12 18:05:30

Oh yes it's a minus sign / dash not an x (should have read own link first)

Tech (MNHQ) Mon 05-Nov-12 18:04:41

Hi Ruby, that sounds like something's gone weird on your phone. If I were you I'd try killing the app completely (hold down the running app icon so it wobbles then click the x) and start it up again.

about.com on killing running apps

RubyrooUK Mon 05-Nov-12 13:23:15

Um, now my mobile app won't show anything at the top of the page (+ sign to add new post, for example) or flip results. I can't reply to posts on the mobile app as a result, although I can scroll forwards through the posts ok.

Is this a temporary fix thing or something else gone wrong?

Thanks MNHQ!

BitBewildered Sun 04-Nov-12 18:12:41

Thanks Tech!

ipotty Sun 04-Nov-12 16:43:21

Hooray!! Thank you tech! Although I am feeling a little nostalgic now... Side zip anyone?

RubyrooUK Sun 04-Nov-12 16:24:10

They ARE gone...pesky trousers. Hopefully that's the last we'll see of them....till the next time someone has a hot trouser-related issue....

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 04-Nov-12 16:11:14

Poor trousers grin

Tech (MNHQ) Sun 04-Nov-12 15:23:22

Hi, this should be OK now. The zipper trousers are gone.... sorry for the trubbs.

RubyrooUK Sun 04-Nov-12 14:38:02

Oh I hadn't even realised that the trousers and a couple of other threads were part of the problem. They ARE always at the top of active threads for me too.

The most annoying bit for me is when a thread title gets stuck at the top of a page and you can't post or flip threads. If you left message 567 on a thread, it's a long scrolling process to find your comment (and not be able to respond again). And that is if you don't get the "loading discussions" sign instead of page turning while you are forwarding through the posts.

Elkieb Sun 04-Nov-12 13:26:36

Me too, but I just though the trouser issue was vitally importantblush! Also getting a thread title stuck and all the other problems.

ipotty Sun 04-Nov-12 13:22:27

Yes you may very well laugh, Olivia! But the suspense is driving me crazy! Did she buy the trousers? Did she really mean that she was going to pay £300 (!) for them? Why is a side zip so important? These are questions that need answering grin

Same problem here, and same threads too.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 04-Nov-12 12:43:20

ipotty

Ho hum - a new day and still the same trousers! How are you getting on MNHQ?

LOL at the same trousers. I am sorry I don't mean to laugh. Will try again.

Same here. Even deleted and re-installed the app. Thete are threads last posted on 3rd Nov listed in Active.

eastendfareast Sun 04-Nov-12 12:14:33

Me too and getting v irritated now. Sort it please mnhq!

Bizkit Sun 04-Nov-12 11:58:12

Same problem here, thought it was a bit strange and these same threads couldn't possibly still be the most active.
Does anyone else have problems with the search function on the app, I don't think it has ever worked on mine

ipotty Sun 04-Nov-12 11:44:14

Ho hum - a new day and still the same trousers! How are you getting on MNHQ?

FiercePanda Sun 04-Nov-12 10:08:27

Yep, same here, side zip trousers, "this probably isn't a MNers list" and "AIBU to have blocked this person" constantly at the top of the Active threads.

Definitely not stickies.

It's like the Active board has stopped updating and is stuck on threads from days ago.

Does anyone else lose their + button (the one to add a new message or flip the thread) every so often? I find that if I've been on the app for a wee while looking at different threads, the MN app has a hissy fit and the button disappears. Only way to get it back is to restart my phone. confused

BitBewildered Sat 03-Nov-12 15:53:07

I've had the side zip trousers for days too, and a few other, not MNHQ type threads, just random ones which never change. hmm

noviceoftheday Sat 03-Nov-12 15:48:20

Same problem with the blackberry app too!

ScrambledSmegs Sat 03-Nov-12 15:02:18

I was just about to start a thread about this. I've got exactly the same problem.

I haven't installed iOS6 either. Still on iOS5 due to shiteness of Apple Maps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now