Show posts from last 15 mins

(42 Posts)
EauRouge Wed 31-Oct-12 17:44:17

is not working. Usually I just use active convos but when I'm bored I see what else is going on by clicking Last 15 mins. All that is coming up is site stuff, the topics from my active convos and special needs. Anyone else getting the same thing?

alcibiades Wed 31-Oct-12 18:00:57

I'm getting that as well.

I'm getting the full range with no problems.

alcibiades Wed 31-Oct-12 18:09:08

Should have said - on last hour and last day as well.

I'm using Firefox. What browser are you using, Ranty?

IamtheZombie Wed 31-Oct-12 18:11:28

Zombie is using Firefox and last 15 minutes, last hour and last day are all fine.

EauRouge Wed 31-Oct-12 18:16:29

I'm on Safari, and I've got the same thing with last hour and last day too.

I'm on Firefox as well.

alcibiades Wed 31-Oct-12 20:00:57

It's weird that it isn't browser-specific. I've just gone back to the default of no topics excluded, and the last day/hour/15 mins shows all relevant topics. Then I restarted Firefox, went back into customise, moved all topics to excluded except for Chat and AIBU, and again the last day etc shows only those topics.

I'm using my laptop, but I've just tried on the desktop, and it's the same problem there, so it isn't machine-specific either.

confused

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 31-Oct-12 20:01:56

Sounds like there could be halloween goblins in the system grin
Let's see what we can find out.

alcibiades Wed 31-Oct-12 21:42:12

Thanks, Olivia.

Although it's a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things, it was a bit discombobulating to click on last hour and finding almost nothing. Where had everyone gone? If I could whistle, I'd have whistled the X-Files theme tune. grin

Are you all back to normal now or are you still having the same problem?

alcibiades Thu 01-Nov-12 11:34:09

Still the same, Ranty. I re-checked by going into customise and excluding everything except Chat, AIBU, and Weather.

Clicking on Active and on Last Day both give the same results:

Media/non-member requests
Chat
AIBU
Weather
Site Stuff
(Special Needs shows up in Last Day)

Very weird, as it seems to be affecting only a very few people.

zillyzilly Thu 01-Nov-12 11:38:19

It's working fine for me.

Hmm! it is totally odd. There has to be a rational explanation but what it is, your guess is as good as mine.

Any further forward with this Tech

zillyzilly Fri 02-Nov-12 12:06:17

He's busy growing his beard. Don#t distract him.

EauRouge Fri 02-Nov-12 12:35:11

Still the same for me too. I don't understand why special needs is showing up, I thought it was an opt-in topic?

BloooCowWonders Fri 02-Nov-12 12:40:20

Still a problem for me (on iPhone).

As above, not a huge pain but I sometimes want to dip into AIBU

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 02-Nov-12 13:28:03

Hmm. Is this still happening?

All looks fine from this end <helpful>

If it is still happening for you, can you please let us know what device you'reusing to access MN (phone, computer etc)? And what version of the site you're using (mobile, app, desktop)?

EauRouge Fri 02-Nov-12 13:32:59

It's happening on my Mac using Safari, also on my android using the desktop site. I can't see how you get posts from the last 15 mins on the mobile version.

BloooCowWonders Fri 02-Nov-12 14:21:31

I flip back to 'show desktop'
'Yes this time'
But still only get my active convos, not the whole MN from the last 15 mins. (Feels like I'm not allowed in certain parts smile )

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 02-Nov-12 15:35:35

BloooCowWonders

I flip back to 'show desktop'
'Yes this time'
But still only get my active convos, not the whole MN from the last 15 mins. (Feels like I'm not allowed in certain parts smile )

So you're on a mobile, BlooCowWonders?

BloooCowWonders Fri 02-Nov-12 16:16:07

Yes -- iPhone.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 02-Nov-12 16:29:52

BloooCowWonders

Yes -- iPhone.

Using the app?

BloooCowWonders Fri 02-Nov-12 16:31:46

No.

<<<techno failure here >>>

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 02-Nov-12 16:49:31

OK. Right, we can see a problem with the rendering of the list of threads in Last 15mins if you're viewing MN from a phone, using the desktop version.

We'll try to fix that now.

In the meantime, please do use the mobile version (scroll down to the bottom of your screen and click on "Mobile version"). It's quite cool!

We're struggling to replicate the other problems with Last 15mins - for those using computers and Firefox etc. We'll keep having a go...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now