Every other Mumsnet page loading reeeeealllly slowly - don't think it's my computer.

(103 Posts)
BalloonSlayer Fri 26-Oct-12 17:43:53

I come on to Mumsnet, look at a couple of pages, then click to another (no particular page) and it takes an AGE to load.

I don't think it's my computer exactly - if I click onto, say the BBC it loads immediately, then back to Mumsnet and it's slow again. If I try and try eventually it will load at normal speed and I get a couple of normal speed page changes till it does it again.

Could it be a new advert? Has anyone else had this?

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 26-Oct-12 20:06:30

Hmm
That sounds annoying - not aware of any problems but we will take a look
Sorry.

AgentZigzag Sun 28-Oct-12 01:47:09

Mine's the same, I was hoping it was MN and a nasty hadn't sneaked on to my computer somehow.

I have this too, but I access from an Android device not a computer. It's really annoying! Especially during night feeds

CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Sun 28-Oct-12 08:55:09

I was getting this last night on the App too.

bebejones Sun 28-Oct-12 19:21:22

Thought it was the 'e-on' banner causing me issues! (When I tried to go to MN from google the ad appeared on the google page with the google stuff still there & it took ages to load the MN home page) It seemed to work a bit better initially when the e-on banner wasn't there but now it's doing it all the time while I am trying to navigate the site! confused

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 29-Oct-12 12:03:39

Is everything OK today? <hopeful>

No, it's still happening occasionally. But at least it's only occasionally now! smile

BalloonSlayer Mon 29-Oct-12 13:39:35

It's still happening to me about every three pages.

On the upside . . . my piano teacher will be pleased with me. When it happens I do a little bit of practice . . . there is enough time to play a short piece before the page loads.

Labradorlover Mon 29-Oct-12 16:23:26

Same here......rubbish....took ages to get here to see if anyone else was having problems.

Labradorlover Mon 29-Oct-12 16:26:22

Above message took ages to post too.....it's like being back in the days of a dial up connection.....only this site

DameMarghoulFountain Mon 29-Oct-12 16:27:38

it was happening more this morning, and periodically now too

and yes, only MN is affected for me too sad

DameMarghoulFountain Mon 29-Oct-12 16:29:00

yup, took almost 20 seconds for message to post

GlaikitFizZombie Mon 29-Oct-12 16:30:52

Same here, stick another 50p in the meter MNHQ or feed the poor hamsters!

BalloonSlayer Mon 29-Oct-12 17:08:59

Yes it's peculiar. I try to move pages on MN, and while I am waiting open another window in the browser, read a couple of articles on the BBC at perfectly normal speed then go back to MN when the page has condescended to load.

zukiecat Mon 29-Oct-12 17:34:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sparklingbroomstick Mon 29-Oct-12 17:43:20

It's been doing it to me just now. I thought it was a sign to switch off and go and rattle the pots and pans in the kitchen and get dinner on.....

DameMarghoulFountain Tue 30-Oct-12 11:02:27

any sign on the reason behind this?

it's getting really annoying now sad

i think there's an ad causing slow loading, not sure which one

HalfSpamHalfBrisket Tue 30-Oct-12 11:08:26

Happening here too - just tried to get back to active convos from this thread and it was 20s + so I came back here. Its been happening for over a day and doesn't affect other sites.

DameMarghoulFountain Tue 30-Oct-12 11:14:31

an ad, that makes sense as the problem is sporadic

kim147 Tue 30-Oct-12 11:26:38

It's very slow - seems to get faster if I close Firefox and then restart Firefox.

I have Adblock - none of those pesky ads on my computer.

DameMarghoulFountain Tue 30-Oct-12 11:42:46

i use google chrome for MN as firefox was giving me probs a while back

have closed firefox and will monitor the situation closely slowly

DameMarghoulFountain Tue 30-Oct-12 11:47:32

nope, took me over 2 mins to get back to this page

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 30-Oct-12 14:35:16

Hello. Is this still happening?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now