Can I get back to the mobile site?

(17 Posts)
CarpeJugulum Wed 10-Oct-12 15:49:38

Normally use the mobile site (iPhone running safari) but occasionally click into the full site to look at competitions and various other things.

I select "yes, this time only" to do this.

But then I can't get back to the mobile layout without moving away from Mumsnet, then clearing my history, cookies and cache. Which is a nuisance as then I have to log in again.

I have tried typing in m.mumsnet.com rather than www, but that doesn't work.

Am I missing something here?

I'm on an s3 so may be different but if you scroll right to the bottom of the page it says mobile site in a big blue box.

usualsuspect3 Wed 10-Oct-12 15:57:04

There is a mobile site button somewhere on the page.

CarpeJugulum Wed 10-Oct-12 15:59:01

Yay! Found it!

thanks MikeLitorisBites and usualsuspect3

LordPalmerston Wed 12-Mar-14 02:05:24

I can't get back to mobile

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 12-Mar-14 09:59:15

Hi LordPalmerston

If you scroll right down on a page on the desktop site, the very, very bottom button (right in the middle of the bottom of the page) will take you back to the mobile site

Let us know if it doesn't work!

LordPalmerston Wed 12-Mar-14 12:19:21

Lo. Thanks Rowan. Wow. That button is small

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 12-Mar-14 12:26:12

<hangs head>

ouryve Wed 12-Mar-14 12:28:50

LordPalmerston - try expanding the page as big as you can. That's what I normally do to be able to click the link, on my phone.

It would be useful a bit bigger, or at least with a bit of padding between the link and the very bottom of the page in Internet Explorer.

LordPalmerston Wed 12-Mar-14 16:42:36

We want a bigun Rowan

LadyRainicorn Sun 16-Mar-14 14:58:03

Thanks so much for this thread, I'm not sure how I got itstuck on the desktop version but it was really starting to suck giant donkey balls

Yea! it worked! Thanks.

teenybash7 Thu 20-Mar-14 10:43:56

Thank you so much - was driving me mad too!

Germgirl Thu 20-Mar-14 10:52:00

Sorry to hijack. Is using the mobile site very different to using the app? I like the app (iOS) but it's quite limited (can't see pics etc) and I often have to open & close it lots of times to get it to work.
Will there ever be an improved app? I'd happily pay a couple of quid for one.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 20-Mar-14 12:09:04

Hi germgirl. Yes there's going to be a new, better, paid-for app at some point - no ETA yet but hopefully fairly soon.

Germgirl Thu 20-Mar-14 12:13:59

Ooh lovely smile thanks.

Bornin1984 Thu 20-Mar-14 12:15:52

The app is quite dull and boring compared to desktop

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now