My mn iPhone app is going all weird

(19 Posts)
nameuschangeus Mon 08-Oct-12 01:37:10

Thanks Rebecca

FloydieDoydie Mon 08-Oct-12 00:19:34

I haven't updated to iso6 as all reports say its shit but I'm finding the app is taking much much longer to load over the past week or so - the "verifying your connection" message hangs for a good 40-50 seconds. And doesn't seem to matter what time of day it is either.

I don't like the mobile site

<sulk>

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 07-Oct-12 19:16:45

Hi all,

Sorry, this is really annoying have just had the same on my app Can we suggest as a quick, short term fix, that you visit MN via the browser on your phone and the mobile site?

As it is Sunday evening, it may take a while to hear back from Tech, but we will mail and see what is happening.

Apologies once again

tribpot Sun 07-Oct-12 14:46:19

Just experienced this too. MN are you working on an update to the app?

Same here. Really annoying angry

wishiwasonholiday Sun 07-Oct-12 14:44:33

I switch my phone off then in again and it works but not for long.

Frakiosaurus Sun 07-Oct-12 14:42:33

Yes me too! It's very, very annoying but it's Apple not MN sad

nameuschangeus Sun 07-Oct-12 14:40:27

Well I'm glad it's not just me but it is annoying! Who puts this stuff right? Do mn send an app update? Do I need to tell hq?

LittleBearPad Sun 07-Oct-12 10:40:01

I gave up on the app and use the mobile view. It works much better.

CouthyMowWearingOrange Sun 07-Oct-12 10:37:42

Same here since updating to iOS6. The frozen thread title and the + button to reply to threads/flip threads not working.

I keep deleting and reinstalling the App.

poorbuthappy Sun 07-Oct-12 10:21:45

Yep same problem since updating to IOS 6.
It's a bit crap really that apple bring out updates which stuff up the apps.
But I suppose that's what they do.

And me, I keep getting a blank screen at the top & have to scroll up to see anything.

And sometimes the title of a thread gets stuck at the top even when I change threads.

Very annoying.

Flisspaps Sun 07-Oct-12 10:15:58

And me. If I completely close the app then it sorts it, but only for a short time sad

This hasn't happened to me, but the app won't store the "threads I'm on" it has stored one random one from ages ago which will now remain there until the end of time, apparently hmm but nothing since.

snala Sun 07-Oct-12 10:07:33

Mine too! It's very frustrating. Since the update. angry

Jenjii Sun 07-Oct-12 10:03:51

Yep. Me too. Keep having to uninstall and reinstall app. Since the iOS 6 update I think.

nameuschangeus Sun 07-Oct-12 10:01:41

Please?

nameuschangeus Sun 07-Oct-12 08:25:47

It's driving me mad! As I move between apps I come to mn and it either has no + button in the top rh corner at all or it has a random search icon which will only take me to search (obviously!)

I keep seeing threads I want to post on and realising the icon is either gone or wrong. The only way I've managed to get them back is to turn phone off and on again which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

I also keep getting the title of the last thread I clicked on stuck at the top of the page. That can't be removed without turning phone off and on again either.

Does this happen to anyone else or is my phone squiffy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now