I've always been against it, but I've changed my mind.

(94 Posts)
BlameItOnTheCuervo Mon 01-Oct-12 14:18:03

Can we have a hide poster button, please? It would cut down on cases where posters rub each other up the wrong way, resulting in a ban or slap ion the wrists.

I will buy you gin!

BlameItOnTheCuervo Mon 01-Oct-12 20:56:50

I am not going to nms. I was here before the triolly goaders. And I love mn. Just not some posters. And I don't want to get a bollockIng for tellIng someone to fuck off

Alameda Mon 01-Oct-12 20:58:39

<closes eyes>

testing

can you still see me?

OrangeandGoldMrsDeVere Mon 01-Oct-12 21:05:06

Mwah ha ha...
You can't blame me for the mistake because I am on my iPad.

That'll learn yah Penny Pedant

grin

OrangeandGoldMrsDeVere Mon 01-Oct-12 21:06:40

Sigh
I wasn't telling you to go to NMs
I was goading MNHQ

<presses hide everything button>

BlameItOnTheCuervo Mon 01-Oct-12 21:06:41

Who saId that?

Alameda Mon 01-Oct-12 21:07:53

Yes but no but I'm on my iPad! but I think I will just slide away as nonchalantly as I can with my eyes closed

BlameItOnTheCuervo Mon 01-Oct-12 21:08:18

Sorry, am tetchy and high on painkillers wink

OrangeandGoldMrsDeVere Mon 01-Oct-12 21:08:25

<blows huge raspberries and jumps about naked Nd usez txt spy coz no1 can c me>

Maryz Mon 01-Oct-12 21:25:46

Where has everyone gone?

Am I the only person posting on this thread?

<hides self>

usualsuspect3 Mon 01-Oct-12 21:27:29

MN is so slow these days, maybe tech should sort that out first.

InfinityWelcomesCarefulDrivers Mon 01-Oct-12 21:29:51

you can only hide one NC though. So everyone who's hidden that deeply irritating, twuntish StealthPolarBear would still have the joy of reading my ramblings. And aren't the ones who are the most goady and nasty also the ones who name change a lot?

BlameItOnTheCuervo Mon 01-Oct-12 21:33:59

Ah,biut then you can hide them again, and if its attached toi report, mnhq can get a better idea oif what a twat so and so's been!

HotheadPaisan Mon 01-Oct-12 22:04:51

Chrome is better than Firefox for alleviating slowness on here I've found.

FunnysInLaJardin Mon 01-Oct-12 22:26:11

Cuervo I have been ticked off again. See previous thread. I think we need to see when we have been reported. The report poster button should flash red and ideally the name of the report should be identified. How else are we to defend ourselves?

BlameItOnTheCuervo Mon 01-Oct-12 22:30:42

funny's the problem is, there are some posters who are PO. and I doubt very much that they like the style that some mners (myself included) post in. If we could hide them then that would take away the triggerhappy report-fiends.

dont let it worry you, btw, Ive been ticked off many a time for PA's. usually when nothing else works and I am so fucking livid that I am tempted to smash the computer before i get myself into real trouble.

Maryz Mon 01-Oct-12 22:35:50

I do think it's funny, by the way, that we all think that mumsnet hq would agree with us about who we think are twats.

I have a horror of reporting someone one day, and hq coming back with "acksherly, maryz, X is a lovely and valued member of mumnset and we are very disappointed at your report".

It hasn't happened yet, mind you grin

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 02-Oct-12 09:45:48

so how would a hid the poster button work? Wouldn't you just have loads of gaps in threads and nothing would makes sense? Or would it just be for threads started by a certain poster?

Maryz Tue 02-Oct-12 14:39:40

Funnys, for me, I want a shit list. I want to have a list of people that I can pretend don't exist.

Personally I would prefer it if no-one else could see them either, but I accept that I don't live in an ideal world grin, so I expect I would get threads full of holes.

I don't really think it's possible - but I am just joining in the moaning.

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 02-Oct-12 15:07:46

well why not, we all need a good ole moan about the state of the world etc. A hide button wouldn't really work for me as I don't really remember nasty posters by name.

What I would like though is to know when and who has reported me. Then I would know how to deal with someone when we crossed paths again and not eg call them a twat due to their inability to handle stuff on a thread all on their own without telling tales.

I know this won't happen, but I can but dream.........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now