Hiding Topics, on Last 15 minutes/Last hour/ Last Day

(12 Posts)
Oblomov Wed 05-Sep-12 17:04:20

Please could you tell me how to hide topics. I went onto customise, but could not do what I wanted.
I admit that I am not very techy, so would apprecare an 'idiots guide' , on how to do what I want.
I normally come onto MN and click Threads 'I'm on'. This is fine.
Then I normally search by clicking either: Last 15 minutes, Last hour, last day.
It is these 3 that I wish to hide topics on. I no longer wish to have search through .. say AN threads and the PN threads. Please can you tell me how to hide the topics i don't want to see on these 3 sections/searches.

Mintyy Wed 05-Sep-12 17:07:23

When you went into Customise, did you go right down to the bottom of the page to where it says Ignore Topics In Active Conversations and follow the link?

Oblomov Wed 05-Sep-12 17:18:43

yes minty, I did. But none of the topics that I wanted to hide were listed in my active convo's. All the ones I want to hide, come up in the lists of topics when I click: 15mins/hr/day.

Oblomov Wed 05-Sep-12 17:51:59

I want to click on Last 15mins/hr/day, but only see the topics i want. I do not want to see / have to search through : Ante-natal baby names, post natal, etc etc. Is this possible? I don't just want to hide particular threads, I want to hide whole topics, whole sections. Can I do this?

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 05-Sep-12 18:58:27

I think it's because the thread topics you want to hide will be hidden in active conversations (ie: www.mumsnet.com/Talk?call=ActiveConversations rather than last 15 mins etc? Could you try that link instead? On that link there is also a minus button on the right hand side of each thread if you want to hide individual threads.

HTH

Oblomov Wed 05-Sep-12 19:14:08

Thank you Ann. But that doesn't really help. I don't want to hide individual threads. I want to hide whole topics/sections.
I want to know what threads have been active in the last 15 mins/hr/day, but i only want to search throught the topics that are of interest to me:
say .... baking, camping, special needs, aibu, chat etc etc.
I don't want to look in AN, PN, baby names, etc etc.
So what can I do?

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 05-Sep-12 21:47:24

Hi Oblomov,

I'm not sure whether it's possible to do this, but will try to find out for you.

Oblomov Thu 06-Sep-12 07:59:04

Thank you, very much.

missmorter Sun 17-Mar-13 19:15:43

Bim

missmorter Sun 17-Mar-13 19:16:14

Oops.
Bump I mean. I've been trying to do this as well.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 17-Mar-13 21:04:10

Evening. We're afraid this is not possible at the moment.

You can hide whole topics in Customise but that only hides them from Active Conversations; they will still display on last 15 minutes/last hour/last day.

It is on the Very Long List of Things Tech Are Going to Work On Soon. But we're afraid this list is very very long and, as this is more of a wouldn't-it-be-nice tweak than a oh-my-god-the-site's-fallen-over fix, it may be a while before it finds its way to the top of the list.

Sorry. Please bear with us.

Maryz Mon 18-Mar-13 11:15:20

When you do get to it on your Very Long List Of Things To Do, could you add hiding them in "most active" as well.

I have a humungous list of hidden topics which I try to avoid at all costs. And then I suddenly find I'm in that topic due to an innocuous looking "most active" link <cries>

There are some topics I really shouldn't be allowed to post on, you know. For my mental health as well as everyone elses sanity grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now