Come and celebrate our new [thanks] emoticon by saying Thank You to a Mumsnetter who's made a difference. Spot prizes to be won and all!

(495 Posts)
HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 26-Sep-11 16:31:39

Hello.

We have a new emoticon: thanks

It's meant as a way for say thank you to someone for something nice/funny/amazing they've done or said. And it's in no small way inspired by the lovely Mumsnet Blanket Crew who've been agitating- very politely but very persistently wink - for a thank you emoticon for some time now. (They originally wanted a star but we thought a bunch of flowers probably had a bit less of the 'prefecty'/'sticker chart' thing going on.)

We want to mark the arrival of our new emoticon by starting this special Thank You thread - and inviting you to say thanks to another Mumsnetter who's made a difference to you.

Perhaps it's a Mumsnetter who has posted (or PM'd) something that helped you or supported you or inspired you ? or just made you laugh like a drain. Or maybe it's someone who's done something extraordinary for you, off-board or on.

Do come and tell us about it - and thank her/him for it - here. We're hoping for a thread full of thanks for some truly lovely MNers.

Oh, and we've also got some rather covetable prizes - books, toys and some very cool (child and adult) bike helmets from Bell - to give away as spot prizes. Anyone who posts on this thread is in with a chance of winning - we'll pull names at random out of a hat in a couple of days' time.

thanks, MNHQ

Wooooooo like it thanks

Oops didn't read it properly!
<starts again>
I would like to thank TruthSweet for her advice that helped my carry on expressing for my DS thanks.

belledechocchipcookie Mon 26-Sep-11 16:35:45

Aww, this is sweet. smile I'd like to thank thirtysomething for listening to me whitter on and for giving me support when things were pretty grim for my son at school. thanks There's so many people on here I feel mean. I will return later with some more names. smile

Tee2072 Mon 26-Sep-11 16:35:49

grin

[Thanks] to Chaos (or whatever she's calling herself this week!) for always making me laugh!

Tee2072 Mon 26-Sep-11 16:36:13

It didn't work! Stupid case sensitive! Yo, Tech...fix that!

thanks for Chaos!

southeastastra Mon 26-Sep-11 16:37:13

thanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanks

it looks like fuzzy felt grinthanks

CauldronsTrulyReign Mon 26-Sep-11 16:38:39

FloraBunda!

Fabulous idea.

I'd like to thank the glorious HelenMumsnet for arranging this.

<<waits for a sycophant smiley>>

<<worries about what that might be>>

wink

OvO Mon 26-Sep-11 16:40:57

thanks to youngwomanwholivesinashoe for being the bestest friend I have. Even though I've never even met her in RL. She has helped me through some really awful times. She also makes me laugh a lot and thinks the same evil way I do! grin

AyeBelieveInTheHumanityOfMen Mon 26-Sep-11 16:41:19

thanks to dittany.

For taking so much shit (mainly from women) for defending women. Hopefully, because of women like her, one day that won't be necessary.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 26-Sep-11 16:43:25

CauldronsTrulyReign

FloraBunda!

Fabulous idea.

I'd like to thank the glorious HelenMumsnet for arranging this.

<<waits for a sycophant smiley>>

<<worries about what that might be>>

wink

<rigs prize selection shamelessly in CauldronsTrulyReigns' favour>

GypsyMoth Mon 26-Sep-11 16:44:02

Maryz........ Thankyou to Marythanks because she has given me invaluable advice on how to deal with my troublesome teen DD. Not only did she help me know how to deal with her, she gave me the CONFIDENCE to do so. It was a very tricky time ( police involvement and violence) and we have cone out the other side now. I sense another blip on the horizon though, but due to mary's advice, I am confident I can deal with her, as well as my other teens ( I have 3,and 2 younger dc!)

thanks

Tee2072 Mon 26-Sep-11 16:46:14

See? She made me laugh again!

belledechocchipcookie Mon 26-Sep-11 16:47:11

I'd really like to thank someone but I can't spell their bloomin username! blush I can't find the correct spelling in a search (bashes head against the wall).

GentleOtter Mon 26-Sep-11 16:47:43

I would like to thanks MmeLindor for bringing our home situation out into the open.

And an entire field of thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks to everyone who has supported our family.

yy to GO nomination MmeLindor or did I see you are FrauLindor the other day? thanks

Tee2072 Mon 26-Sep-11 16:51:39

Belle put it the way you think it's spelled and we can help you figure it out!

Valpollicella Mon 26-Sep-11 16:52:01

Thank you to MNHQ for keeping MN quote facility free thanks

grin

belledechocchipcookie Mon 26-Sep-11 16:54:28

Hi Val smile

AuntieMoanica Mon 26-Sep-11 16:55:28

i'd like to thank babyheave for some invaluable information she sent me thanks

CauldronsTrulyReign Mon 26-Sep-11 16:59:13

GO, please may I nosey at this point, if appropriate, as to your home situation.

grin to tee.

Erm, also please could you review the flowers? No true MNer would be seen with blue flowers.

[baff]

YougreatPamplemousse Mon 26-Sep-11 16:59:39

My thanks go to the Aug08 girls who have kept me sane for the last 3 years smile

CauldronsTrulyReign Mon 26-Sep-11 17:00:24

[naff]

obv

AbiAbi Mon 26-Sep-11 17:00:24

AH this is nice smile

I'd like to thanks iwillonlyeatbeans for sharing with me all the advice her sleep consultant passed onto her, enabling me to get my DS into his own bed at 7pm and getting a bit of time back to myself and DH. We were severely struggling before she came along - and to top it off when I asked if I could send her a present or make a donation to the charity of her choice she refused and said a thank you was enough! WHat a lovely lovely women.

I would also (greedy!) like to offer thanks to Shabba, Travelling, Dee and all the ladies on the bereavmenet board for always being such strong, inspirational ladies. I dont use the board anymore, but I will never forget their advice and kindness.

belledechocchipcookie Mon 26-Sep-11 17:02:57

I only know how to spell this because lovely Val has posted above grin I'd like to thank Valpollicella for giving me the encouragement to write. In the summer last year I was very unwell and I was in a job that I really hated. I gave it up to write children's books and I'm very happy. If I hadn't have had Val's encouragement then I wouldn't have got as far as I have. I can't thank her enough. thanks thanks thanks thanks (wipes away the tears)

EauRouge Mon 26-Sep-11 17:06:04

There are so many MNers who deserve thanks but if I'm only allowed one then I'd like to say a big thanks thanks to TikTok for all the time and effort she puts in on the BF forum. Her patience and understanding are inspiring and seemingly limitless, I have no idea how she does it grin

I'd also like to thank TruthSweet for her tandem feeding tips, she was ever so helpful when DD2 was born thanks

ChessPiece Mon 26-Sep-11 17:07:36

thanks to GetOrf who is one of the most consistently funny and interesting posters - even her mistakes make me larf wink .

LeninGrad Mon 26-Sep-11 17:08:37

I'd like to give thanks to the internet for existing and bringing us all together, to laugh, to cry, to provide information and invaluable support and to enable me to get absolutely incandescent on a regular basis. My life would be so much more relaxed poorer without you all.

thanks thanks to flowery for giving out some top notch advice, to me and the many posters I've seen calling for her over the years. So patient and informative considering it's what she does for a living and could presumably be earning a bit more money for the free advice she gives! smile

aStarInStrangeways Mon 26-Sep-11 17:11:20

thanks to the Aug08ers for being such fabulous friends, and massive thanks to ChristinedePizan for ensuring that my DS is the best-dressed boy in town smile

I'll second Gwendoline with thanks to Flowery. Actually the flowers made me think of her!

SinicalSal Mon 26-Sep-11 17:20:28

I'd like to give thanks to Tiktok who helped me continue bf'ing dd1 til I was ready to give up. That was nearly 3 yrs ago, under a different name. Now I have dc2 - feeding is a dream - reminded me of all her patience and knowledge.

nickschick Mon 26-Sep-11 17:20:40

thanksthanksthanks To the wonderful Custy who not only gave and still gives me honest positive advice on how to deal with my troublesome teen (even if its not what I want to hear) - but takes the time here and on fb to check how things are .......I heart Custy thanks.

trumpton Mon 26-Sep-11 17:27:11

AW !! Thanks for the thanks.

AND..........................

Well just that really. grin

AmberLeaf Mon 26-Sep-11 17:27:49

thanks thanks thanks To all the posters on the SN:children board. I cant name one in particular and to name the ones that come to mind would probably leave out someone important!

My DS ASD assessment and DX is what brought me here initially and reading others stories makes me feel less of a pariah also that its not just me who lets housework slide grin

Lots of great advice and comradery [sp?] that really helps.

and thanks to everyone else for making me laugh and cry elsewhere on the boards!

SueNarmy Mon 26-Sep-11 17:27:53

Cod. She is so so so gorgeous in rl and was so kind to justine at qt

I'd like to thank cherrypez and pissedrightoff for sending me some baby and toddler clothes recently after reading about my rather dire financial straits. They both refused my offers of payment and wouldn't even let me pay postage!

thanks to you both, I was very touched and extremely grateful for your generosity and kindness. It made me cry.

Sevenfold Mon 26-Sep-11 17:30:28

thanks to peachy

I'd like to thank AttilaTheMeerkat (although she may have changed names now!) for bringing me to the realisation that I have a narcisstic mother, after years of wondering what I was doing/saying wrong! This was on a thread a while ago now but I will always remember her for this. Her words of support and explanation really helped me and for that I will always be greatful.

Attila, thank you thanks

IrmaLittleteapot Mon 26-Sep-11 17:32:23

OMG I thought it was a London 2010 emotion! It is not dissimilar.

Any hoo, thanks to flowery and ribena over on employment issues who really, really helped me out when I had a proper cunting situation with work. I was under another name then but haven't forgotten. Their advice helped me come to terms with what was happening and have the courage to fight back, leave, get a feck off settlement and change career. Pretty awsome stuff.

thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks

faverolles Mon 26-Sep-11 17:33:20

Another thanks to Tiktok for all her level headed advice on breastfeeding.

A slightly random thanks to Shoutyhamster for some good advice on a thread I had deleted (and for having a brilliant name that makes me smile)

And thanks to Chaos for services to spelling. Still sniggering at Norman rules apply several weeks on grin

cyb Mon 26-Sep-11 17:38:34

I'd like to thank all the S and B gals for laughs, links, and love thanks

Also special mention to my good pal coddy for that ointment she lent me for ...well lets just say it's cleared up now thanks

Can I also please thank Lisad123 for sharing her experiences with me on a beta-blocker thread I started this weekend.

Here you are Lisa thanks smile

pramsgalore Mon 26-Sep-11 17:40:46

i would like to thank everyone who has ever replied to a thread i had started, and to the lovely people on the sn board for when i needed advise, i love mumsnet so a big thankyou thanks thanks thanks

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rindercella Mon 26-Sep-11 17:48:23

As one of the beneficiaries of a beautiful blanket made and organised by many different MNers, I would like to say a hug thank you to you all thanks thanks thanks

Actually, a simple thanks doesn't capture my heartfelt thanks and appreciation for all you have done, but thanks again x 1000

Thank you too for every single poster who posted on my threads about our situation and who gave fantastic advice and support and love thanks thanks thanks x 1000 again.

Thank you for every single poster who PM'd me, taking time out to give me special support. thanks x 1000

And an extra big, extra special thanks to SE13Mummy. You know why.

MNHQ thanks to you too for your support and also for giving me this special opportunity to say thanks to so many.

Right...I'll stop now...promise grin

weblette Mon 26-Sep-11 17:55:47

It's not an area I have personal experience of but a mahoosive thanks should go to EMIN and all the amazing people on the Fostering board IMHO.

Bohica Mon 26-Sep-11 18:03:12

thanks goes to the Nobdies for being so welcoming and letting me jump in and out when ever I feel like it without a hmm or a confused who are you.

MegBusset Mon 26-Sep-11 18:04:11

Thanks to all the Norwich MNers for being generally lovely thanks

SanctiMoanyArse Mon 26-Sep-11 18:05:54

Well it seems a bit silly but I am returning my thanks to sevenfold becuase on dark days she always emails

And also to custy becuase she always makes me smile and 4madboys for the recent threads and chipmonley becuase she is always kind and giving me a boost. And Hully for letting me show off about my hobby. Also all teh ASD people, and - see, this reads like a pinful oscars speech that everyone laughs at on dodgy morning TV the next day- Pag becuase of something she said to mre recently that was bang opn even if I haven't managed to sort it yet. And to the aldy who sent my ds4 shoes when we couldn;t get wide enough (not sure what name she uses now). And toe veryone who thinks I might have sent them thanks, my fingers are sore from shattered lightbulbs so ahve tos top typing but you too.

TheOriginalFAB Mon 26-Sep-11 18:07:57

I would like to say thanks to MamaG for what she did for me last year and to everyone else who joined in.

I would like to say thanks to BrazenHussy for always being willing to listen to me for the last 3 years and to say I really appreciate it and I am now done.

I would like to say thanks to all the girls on our NC thread.

I would also like to thanks AF for being awesome.

My last thanks is to all the girls on our PM thread - you are all lovely lovely lovely.

Littlefish Mon 26-Sep-11 18:11:36

thanks go to Furball for her unfailing support over the last year. She gives me a kick up the arse when I need it, and wonderful compliments at other times, just to make me feel better about myself.

DrNortherner Mon 26-Sep-11 18:12:57

thanks to everyone on the Bereavement threads who offered help and support following the death of my beloved Dad.

thanks to all my friends on the running thread who are such a great bunch of inspiring and motivating people and helped get me through training for my first half marathon.

thanks to Oliveoil who went one step further when I had a miscarriage. She knows what I mean.

Tota1Xaos Mon 26-Sep-11 18:13:34

thanks to the MN SN board ladies past and present

and thanks to Double, Brian, Mouseface, S a f and Bitter for friendship through thick and thin.

Lucewheel Mon 26-Sep-11 18:16:06

To oooggs your posts have made a difference to me thanks

Upwardandonward Mon 26-Sep-11 18:16:51

I'd like to thank madmouse for all her help when I was very unwell thanks

thanks to tiktok for her brilliant posts on the BF board, I only wish I'd found her earlier so that I could have posted about my specific issues before I gave up.

Also thanks to all the First time Frolickers - from TTC to our brilliant PN thread, you guys are fab!

CardyMow Mon 26-Sep-11 18:19:41

I'd like to give a big bunch of thanks to everyone who is helping me on my thread in relationships at the moment - I'm sure you all know who you are, and it's really helping me that you are all there for me at the moment.

When I thought my relationship was over DraculasMom was very kind in her posts on the related thread and I was very grateful! So if you see this thank you smile thanks thanks

CardyMow Mon 26-Sep-11 18:21:26

And also to Pag, Starlight McKenzie, LisaD123, Mouseface, Unpa1dcar3r, and all the other SN bods that offer me help with my dc. If I've forgotten anyone, I'm sorry! Big thanks to you all for giving up your time for me.

silverfrog Mon 26-Sep-11 18:22:24

thanks to everyone over on SN - over the years I have been hare I have had advice on diets, supplements, education, law, therapy, toys, products, conferences, oh the list is endless.

but without all that advice, my dd1 would a) not have a dx, b) not have a decent school place, c) have undiagnosed (and ignored by mainstream healthcare) allergies - again, the list is endless.

I would also like to say thanks to all the MNers who sponsored dd1 and me on a fun run last October (I did start a thread recently, but not enough people saw it). The money we raised went to dd1's school, and they bought iPAds for the pupils. thanks to that iPad, dd1 can now read and write - it has meant so much to her in terms of her education. I really cannot thank you all enough for that. It has completely changed her life.

So, all in all thanks MN for getting me through the absolute minefield and nightmare that can be early days ASD smile

thanks I'd like to thank everyone on the Charters' Anonymous threads who gave me hope when ttc and have been bastions of friendship and support since getting pregnant and having DD in the Graduates thread.

fruitshootsandheaves Mon 26-Sep-11 18:23:31

Just a really small thing but I would like to say thanks thanks to ShirelyKnottage and HazeltheMcWitch for the links to the clips of Maru the cat which made me cry with laughter the other night and really cheered me up.

Rindercella Mon 26-Sep-11 18:24:03

Oh God...I am going to be at this all year night blush

To MummyElk, thanks again, you know why. thanks thanks thanks

To Chippy You're always there with exactly the right words.

To PacificDogwood for all of the practical and emotional stuff, thanks

Oh God, I am starting to sound like Kate Winslet <sob> Please, let me start to look like her and I will be happy grin

Mouseface Mon 26-Sep-11 18:24:15

I'd love to say a GIANT thanks to all of the lovely, selfless MNers who contributed to a thread in chat not so long ago, started by the wonderfully lovely MadamOvary.

I heart her but don't tell anyone. wink

In her quest to find me some very real help and support (along with other fab posters) on my journey to finally open the many deeply buried boxes of my abusive past, she organised and sent me some fantastic books and some lovely goodies too. I am so grateful.

<weeps>

And to all of the wonderful ladies on the 'Support Thread For Those In An Abusive Relationship', here, thanks thanks thanks] these are for you with non MNy hugs xx

thanks The kindness of strangers never fails to amaze me thanks

Rindercella Mon 26-Sep-11 18:25:16

<can I thank my Mum on here??>

Bugger it, thanks Mum, times 1,000,000

AnyFuleKno Mon 26-Sep-11 18:25:26

thanks TikTok without whom I would have given up breastfeeding dd, and anyone who has answered any of my stupid questions

thanks dollyMG for looking after me when I was pissed

thanks everyone on mumsnet for being cool, funny, kind, daft, challenging, interesting and intelligent

NormaStanleyFletcher Mon 26-Sep-11 18:27:47

thanks to anyfucker for making me laugh

HMTheQueen Mon 26-Sep-11 18:30:53

Can I have 2?? Please??

thanks to WonderingStar who PM'd me when I was feeling particularly bad about my bloody MIL and how she gets all the sympathy because her son (my DH) died. I lost a husband and DS lost a father, but as we don't 'struggle' and don't mope around we don't get the sympathy (not that I want it, but it would be nice to be recognised IYKWIM).

She made me cry while reading what she said and she made me feel better. And I now can look at my MIL with pity (rather than the hate dislike from before). I can also see a light at the end of the tunnel, as I know how to manage her behaviour and mine. All thanks to WonderingStar!

Also thanks to MmeLindt (now MmeLindor I think) for offering to help me borrow a car seat for our trip to Switzerland. We didn't need it in the end, but it was so nice of her to offer to meet us at the airport to bring us the seat, all in exchange for just one packet of PG Tips!

Mouseface Mon 26-Sep-11 18:33:14

thanks to all of you on The Brave Babes Threads for making me realise that I have a very abusive relationship with alcohol and for the endless support, love, humour, tears and tough talk over the last 12+ months xx.

thanks to Mumsnet. You have been an important part of my life for 5 years now, and I have met some wonderful people and - I hope - made some very good, lasting friendships.

thanks too to Soapbox for starting the original MN Secret Santa. I think that was one of the most brilliant expressions of what MN is all about, and it was carried on so well by St George, NormaStanleyFletcher and MNHQ.

Tota1Xaos Mon 26-Sep-11 18:42:31

and thanks to Biwi - you will know what for wink, and it was seeing your name, not your post that jogged my mind!

TheDailyWail Mon 26-Sep-11 18:43:08

Oh yes! Flowery certainly deserves my thanks and gratitude. thanks

grin

fastweb Mon 26-Sep-11 18:45:59

A  big huge thanks to noblegiraffe

Who came back time and time again and helped me regain calm (and a sense of proportion) and not too shabby an understanding of when my 11yo son's maths teacher set five hours of homework (in Italian) about (evil) set theory, whilst bypassing the teaching, concept checking and explaning stage in class.

We were between a rock and a hard place, and she put cushions all over the place till I stopped flapping about and put things back in perspective.

Oh and...

A={a|a is an mner}
B C A (immagine that C is a bit squatter than it appears on the screen)
B={b|b is a lovely mner}
noblegiraffe € B

Woodlands Mon 26-Sep-11 18:48:31

thanks to everyone on my postnatal thread for being such a supportive, friendly bunch over the last couple of years - including thesecondcoming, cakeandroses, mylifeisstillchaotic, desperatehousewife21, malibustac, chulita, kkfairybrains, whatshesaid, spirael, trudyla, memphis83 and anyone else I've forgotten.

thanks also to AngelDog for her brilliant advice on sleep.

NormaStanleyFletcher Mon 26-Sep-11 18:48:38

thanks also to littlelapin who also did the Christmas appeal

pixma Mon 26-Sep-11 18:49:31

thanks for Aitch.

thanks thanks thanks times a million. smile

Oh yes, sorry, thanksthanksthanksthanks to littlelapin and many apologies for forgetting you blush

NormaStanleyFletcher Mon 26-Sep-11 18:54:19

grin at biwi

I am just gpbsmacked to get thanks so thank you

nickschick Mon 26-Sep-11 18:54:27

thanks also to anyfucker ......she saved me in another thread (when my heart was truly breaking) with her kickass style grin.

TheOriginalFAB Mon 26-Sep-11 18:56:51

Also thanks to Jux for sticking with me on my veeeerrrrryyyyy long thread in The Litter Tray.

NSF - thank you for thanking me for thanking you.

I think that just about covers it.

thanks
grin

Rindercella Mon 26-Sep-11 18:59:40

Oh, yes...to aitch for <ahem> admiring my utterly gorgeous DSS. And for everything else thanks

NormaStanleyFletcher Mon 26-Sep-11 19:00:02

grin

macavitythemysterycat Mon 26-Sep-11 19:01:09

thanksthanksthanks to the whole of Mumsnet. You have unknowingly, (because I'm usually too shy to post blush), supported me through an abusive
relationship. I get the keys to my new house and life a week on Wednesday. I laugh and cry daily thanks to you lot.

Mouseface Mon 26-Sep-11 19:01:49

Oh and thanks to The Nobdies for being so nice and welcoming, when I was just being nosy! grin

Mouseface Mon 26-Sep-11 19:02:42

YAYAYAYAYAY! Great news macvity xx

Here thanks put them in a vase in YOUR new home.

And a big thanks to Custy for her indefatigable determination that we should have a Christmas meet up!

Mouseface Mon 26-Sep-11 19:03:42

macavity - blush so sorry

williamrtsmith Mon 26-Sep-11 19:10:57

I'd like to thanks Cod without whom we'd just be an online forum, not the upstanding backbone of modern British parenting we are today. You might be called cod, but you're more of an icon to me. thanks thanks thanks

macavitythemysterycat Mon 26-Sep-11 19:11:11

Thanks Mouseface smile

SueNarmy Mon 26-Sep-11 19:16:31

Lol at william

LoopyLoopsPussInBoots Mon 26-Sep-11 19:19:19

Oooh, so many!

thanks to BelledeChocChip and her gorgeous son for looking after my chickens, cats and house.

thanks to HazeyJane for so kindly sending me a pushchair seat.

thanks to so many people for helping me not to freak out much when I was going through pregnancy after stillbirth.

thanks to Valhalla for so much help doggy-style grin

thanks to TheFirstMrsDeVere for everything

thanks to Plupervert for alwaus being so kind.

And so, so many more. thanks Thanks Mumsnet. smile thanks

LoopyLoopsPussInBoots Mon 26-Sep-11 19:21:08

Can I nominate Macavity for the prize?

woollyjo Mon 26-Sep-11 19:22:17

thanks to Shabbapinkfrog in particular and all the other ladies on the bereaved mums thread, it got me through those early dark days and I still lurk there when the demons come and visit.

Mouseface Mon 26-Sep-11 19:26:52

Oh, yes, good call woollyjo smile

twotesttickles Mon 26-Sep-11 19:32:00

thanks to MNHQ for defending me against cross ad execs blush grin

and for generally being nice.

missorinoco Mon 26-Sep-11 19:33:12

Aitch - for BLW advice.

thanks big blooms to madmouse for caring enough to help me through a very dark period of PND a while back. Her thoughtful advice genuinely helped me recover and I am in a much better place and very grateful.

macavitythemysterycat Mon 26-Sep-11 19:36:25

Aw, thanks LoopyLoops - I have my prize though, my freedom. There are many, many more deserving people here.

ScarahStratton Mon 26-Sep-11 19:40:49

I'd like to thank a certain poster for saving me from the Hell that was Red Ted.

Thank you thanks

ScarahStratton Mon 26-Sep-11 19:41:53

I'd also like to thank Valhalla for the rugby tickets.

Thank you thanks

munkiii Mon 26-Sep-11 19:43:32

I would like to thank the lovely ladies on my 'usual thread' as they have all helped me through some very hard times as I adjust to being a Mum for the first time, with a refluxy baby and a DH who works away from home it has been very difficult at times.

They truly have, and will continue to make a huge difference to my life.

thanks - you know who you are!

KaraStarbuckThrace Mon 26-Sep-11 19:44:40

Well I'd like to thank Indith, Stealthpolarbear, Spiggy, LeggyblondNE and JuneyBean for being generally lovely and lending me a sympathetic ear recently.

Oh and all the lovely ladies still posting on the Dec 07 PN thread.

belledechocchipcookie Mon 26-Sep-11 19:45:24

Thank you to LoopyLoopsPussInBoots for letting us stay in her house. It was really lovely to meet you and your wonderful family, ds and I are very grateful to have met you all. Please keep in touch smile thanks

There's so many people I'm thankful for, gigglewitch and thumbwitch, everyone really. I love you all darlings! grin

InstructionsToTheDouble Mon 26-Sep-11 19:45:42

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

LynnCSchreiber Mon 26-Sep-11 19:46:51

To all the Wankers for giving me the confidence to start writing, for the laughs and the freaky tales of boilers, damp house and the odd ghostly tale. thanks

To Mehdismummy (not sure if she is still around under a name change) for sending me mince pies and selection boxes thanks

To the wonderful MacDog, who sent me a TUNNOCKS survival kit. Even when she is feeling down, MacDog goes the extra mile to help her friends and offer good advice. thanks

To the XFactor thread psoters for being funny and cutting. thanks

<katewinslet emoticon>

To Moondog (and others) who literally saved my marriage. thanks

And to the other MNetters who over the years have sent me goodies from home, whose names I have forgotten. blush thanks

CMOTdibbler Mon 26-Sep-11 19:47:21

thanks to Jacksmama who has been a total rock through the last year, even when she was going through the surgical mill herself supporting me and giving me professional advice.
thanks to the one child tearoom crew for listening to me whinge on, and supplying copius brew, wine, and biscuit

And actually, thanks MNHQ for providing me with somewhere that has quite frankly saved my sanity over the last terrible year.

munumuma Mon 26-Sep-11 19:50:35

thanks be to cod for being the funniest and most insightful poster on mumsnet. She never fails to make me larf and because of her I now avoid Per Una. Thanks cod!

herbietea Mon 26-Sep-11 19:53:40

Message withdrawn

Pinot Mon 26-Sep-11 19:54:09

I offer thanks to every MNer who held my hand on my kitten rescue thread. Not only much-needed advice but tears (RIP Rosie) and laughter (kitten olympics). There are so many of you and I shan't begin to name names - if you urged Meow and Ginger to fight and make it, then my thanks and [heart] go out to you. What an amazing bunch Team Kitten are!

Thanks for the opportunity, HQ.

NessaRose Mon 26-Sep-11 19:55:05

thanks to Purple and Knotty for all the hard work they have put in to the blankets.

prolificwillybreeder Mon 26-Sep-11 19:56:10

I'd like to thank writerofdreams for being such great support whilst I suffered false starts and early labour for what seemed an eternity (3 1/2 weeks).
She was so lovely and kind. Just chatted to me about nothing in particular, how my day had been. She actually used to ask how I was. Once your pregnant and have a toddler, I found no one used to ask how I was feeling. Or how I was.
So... thanks

Lilyloo Mon 26-Sep-11 19:56:32

I would like to say thanks to all who post / posted oin the Jan 08 postnatal thread , the lovely mums on the bereaved childrens thread who always offer their support to others , the lovely donaters and knitters of the blankets and all those who organised and donated to the Christmas appeal.

Pinot Mon 26-Sep-11 19:56:32

oh and to cod because she told me to say that

herbietea Mon 26-Sep-11 20:01:37

Message withdrawn

marzipananimal Mon 26-Sep-11 20:03:08

thanks to people on the bf boards who have given me great encouragement and advice. After a tough start and recurrent mastitis I am stil bfing DS at nearly 13mo. moonfacemama, organiccarrotcake and others whose names i can't remember

marzipananimal Mon 26-Sep-11 20:04:47

and thanks to SarahStratton for PMing me about the 'withcow' situation grin It was my first PM <childishly excited emoticon>

prolificwillybreeder Mon 26-Sep-11 20:05:01

Sorry, really quickly want to thank Chocamum for her expertise on eczema and her ongoing support. Tbheveryone on my thread in Allergies titled 'Argh eczema help please' has been really helpful and kind.
thanks

kat2504 Mon 26-Sep-11 20:05:10

thanks to all the BESH and to the lovely supportive people on the freak out room in Conception. You have helped me through some really tough times in the last year.

Esian Mon 26-Sep-11 20:06:40

Another thanks to Tiktok and all the lovely people who've answered questions on bf.

thanks to my December 10 post-natal group for being a lovely bunch of coconuts people. grin

CountBapula Mon 26-Sep-11 20:09:57

thanks to the ladies on the Sleep Nightmares threads. There have been many, but Cosmosis, Bumperlicious, JudysDreamHorse, narmada, bigkids, missrose and 4madboys spring to mind. I wouldn't have got through the first six months of this year without them.

Also thanks to Iggly for not only giving excellent advice on sleep, but also having the decency and foresight to live just down t'road grin

ThePosieParker Mon 26-Sep-11 20:14:51

Wow....

thanks Anyfucker
thanks Dittany
thanks SGM
thanks LeninGrad
thanks Custy

Mumsnet wouldn't be the same without any of you.xxx

debka Mon 26-Sep-11 20:15:51

thanks to all the Feb 2011 ladies, especially ledkr who has had a pretty shitty time of it but always, always makes me laugh.

And thanks to miffles for being lovely. smile

mothmagnet Mon 26-Sep-11 20:18:18

Damn, I wish I'd read this thread earlier, I've already misused it and complained about the woolies' [star] blush

Can I thanks to purplepidjin, knottylocks and lydia for their work on the blankets. They're endlessly polite, helpful and resourceful smile

Mouseface Mon 26-Sep-11 20:18:20

thanks InstructionsToTheDouble smile

Here for you for always xx

ColdSancerre Mon 26-Sep-11 20:21:56

thanks to every single mumsnetter who has ever said something kind or supportive to anyone who has suffered a pregnancy loss.

WhipMeIndiana Mon 26-Sep-11 20:26:40

thanks MN for returning all my calls and texts, and remembering my birthday; and for just being you.
I love you just the way you are, the way you loooook tonight, now will you go all the way with me?
wine
blush
then a biscuit

thanks to all the wonderful ladies who take the time to give so much help and advice on the breast and bottlefeeding board. I am probably one of many who scoured the board in a sleep-deprived haze, desperate for answers and support.

thanks for being there - couldn't have done it without you.

piebald Mon 26-Sep-11 20:30:50

To Maryz for althogh she sounds like she has plenty on her plate coming upwith lots of advice for others stuggling with teenagers (thanks) Ha ha I dont know how to add asmiley

LynnCSchreiber Mon 26-Sep-11 20:33:20

HMTheQueen
thanks for the the PG Tipps. grin

cantpooinpeace Mon 26-Sep-11 20:34:40

To the lot of you - I'm terrible with names but you don't arf make me laugh thanks.
<thinks she deserves some for posting in the appropriate topic for first time this week>

Macdog Mon 26-Sep-11 20:40:37

I'd like to say thanks to MmeLindor, for being there to chat to and for helping me through dark times thanksthanksthanks

cantpooinpeace Mon 26-Sep-11 20:41:25

<looks at Trillian>

Firawla Mon 26-Sep-11 20:44:09

thanks to all the mums from the aug 08 threads, was so nice to have a thread to share our pregnancies, a place to come & moan etc!

And lots of thanks to everyone on the miscarriage/pregnancy loss board for being there when I thought I might go mad. And thanks to harassedandherbug for being with me every step even though she was going through the same thing herself at the same time.

kitbit Mon 26-Sep-11 20:52:39

thanks to Custy who told me to get a grip in 2005 when ds was tiny, I was in a weird country and struggling a bit. She said it over something quite trivial but I realised actually a grip was needed in general and it really helped smile

ThePosieParker Mon 26-Sep-11 20:54:39

thanks lequeen

purplepidjinawoollytangle Mon 26-Sep-11 20:58:04

thanks to everyone on the blanket threads - particularly regulars like KnottyLocks, Pistey, Herbie, DutchOma, NessaRose, Trumpton and loads of others who I can't think of right now who have listened to me whinging when my shitty day job has got in the way of the crochet!!

LeBOF Mon 26-Sep-11 20:59:08

I'd like to thank the Shineys, past and present, for their warmth, laughter and support over the last couple of years. And for the slight stigma of cuntdom which stops me ever being TOO popular grin

thanks

deemented Mon 26-Sep-11 21:01:07

Can i nominate two people please?

Firstly, Shabbs from the bereavement board. She is always there to reach out to others, always ready to give some of herself, despite having gone through some of the worst things imagineable. She is a truly inspirational lady who holds herself with great dignity and poise, and i feel honoured to call her a friend.

Secondly, Lissielou. She too, is another wonderful MNer, always ready with a kind word for folks despite going through tough times herself. She has been a rock and really deserves some recognition.

purplepidjinawoollytangle Mon 26-Sep-11 21:02:04

Ooh and thanks Lougle for some well timed if potentially controversial advice wink

crazynanna Mon 26-Sep-11 21:03:42

thanks..... for Chaos. As a shameless 'I am sorry please I am not worthy' for changing back my username to baby letters. smile

I Luff you <<seriously sucking up now>>

ThePrincessRoyalFiggyrolls Mon 26-Sep-11 21:04:18

thanks to Tethersend - she has made me spend alot of money on clothes.
thanks foreveronadiet - she spurred us on with her helpful hints, sadly I think I have now let her down!
thanks pinot for the kittens
thanks reality and all previous incarnations and the brilliant threads about your sil - makes mine look sane!
thanks nickel for holding books for me eternally as am very forgetful or at work grin
thanks to the op's who started aibu if I was 3 and the customer entitlement threads both made me seriously wet myself in my first week back at work!

lisad123 Mon 26-Sep-11 21:05:00

StarlightMcKenzie thanks for all her support.
all the ladies on the SN board thanks
Rindercella thanks for her strength and her concern when she had so much.

Mouseface Mon 26-Sep-11 21:05:36

grin at BOF - here here too!

cleanandclothed Mon 26-Sep-11 21:06:59

thanks to tiktok for bf advice, to everyone who has posted about bf an over 2 yr old, so I know I am not alone, especially StealthPolarBear, LeninGrad and Babieseverywhere. To everyone on the miscarriage board. And to Babydubs for starting the homemade Christmas thread.

rumpleteaser Mon 26-Sep-11 21:08:25

thanks to all the MNers who make the nobdie threads what they are. Many a day I would've gone insane without them.

I would like to thank Tethers for being there by PM for me when I was in a Very Bad Place about work last year; that and her relentless quest for a red dress and grey leather jacket for me. smile

thanks

fluffywhitekittens Mon 26-Sep-11 21:10:09

thanks LucindaE and all those on the hyperemesis support pages.

thanks threadkillers for being so welcoming and not at all quichey

lisad123 Mon 26-Sep-11 21:10:23

thanks to MNHQ for their kind "gift" to a charity close to my heart.
Everyone who has support my little family, and misdee's though the years grin

BBwannaB Mon 26-Sep-11 21:15:46

thanks right back atcha Mouseface always there on the Brave Babes Battle Bus thread, thanks to JesusWhatNext for starting us off on the journey and thanks to all the Brave babes

PaperView Mon 26-Sep-11 21:16:03

thanks To Justine and Carrie for starting the forum so that i can then:

thanks to Flamesparrow for flowers/cards/thoughts/candles and 'Glinda Bubbles' - i should probably send her real ones actually.
thanks to Soapy for starting the MN Xmas appeal and thanks to each person who has since nominated and/or posted to me.
thanks to all the posters who offer heartfelt advice over and again on miscarriage and MH. Even when i have felt unable to post myself, the advice given to others has lifted me thru.

thanks mine is for everyone I have a very tough year but mumsnet has got me through. The amount if times I've started a conversation with "on mumsnet"!!

SheWhoMustNotBeFlamed Mon 26-Sep-11 21:17:55

Riven - she has opened my eyes, she really has. What she and other carers achieve every day against the odds is amazing and humbling.

ConfessionsOfAWareFanjo Mon 26-Sep-11 21:18:51

I would like to give a huge thanks to all the Due in June ladies who listened to me have periodic melt downs as my stomach grew larger and my husband's health got worse and my continued occasional meltdowns as I deal with a new baby and a slowly recovering husband. thanksthanksthanks and hugs too.

ConfessionsOfAWareFanjo Mon 26-Sep-11 21:20:50

Oh also more thanksthanks for the Just Shagging crew for the same reasons

thanks to ittstheyearzero, for sending me a spare cow for DS. And refusing to charge me postage. It has seriously made my life a lot easier, I can bring cow with me in the buggy on my way to work/creche/college and he is so much calmer when he has cow with him. I can wash cow and have a spare. You are lovely, thank you!

To all the laydeez on the S & B threads, for their tireless and selfless work on saving hapless posters from the perils of waterfall cardigans, mumboots, drawstring linen trousers and crocs thanks.

Without you, I might well have been shopping in Per Una <sobs>

TheSecondComing Mon 26-Sep-11 21:27:22

Rhymenoseros Mon 26-Sep-11 21:27:57

thanks to kitty4paws who I know in RL and is the best best friend i could ever hope for.

Ooh I'd like to say thank you to NorksAreMessy, because she's shown me huge kindness and generosity. She makes beautiful crafty things. When I posted a thread looking for budget ideas for our wedding, organised at short notice due to MIL's illness sad, she offered to make me a tiara. It was absolutely beautiful, just perfect, and even more special because of the amazing spirit of kindness shown to a complete stranger by the lovely woman who made it. So to Norks: thanks and I haven't forgotten my promise to pay it forward smile

HedleyLamarr Mon 26-Sep-11 21:40:36

thanks to MMeLindor for her GentleOtter thread. I hope things are being sorted out now.
thanks to this site for existing, it is just brilliant that people can get support and advice at any time of night or day from some wonderful folk.
[Random]thanks Go to a chap on another forum for making me laugh through dark times. You are a tinpot comedy genius who should not be running a post office in the 1950s.

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Mon 26-Sep-11 21:42:25

I would like to thanks MrsShadenfreude for making a little girl very happy. smile
Her thoughtfulness and generosity are amazing.

LeninGrad Mon 26-Sep-11 21:48:29

Huge thanks to justa who has kept me sane when all around me has descended into chaos and thanks to everyone on the SN section, you're the section that keeps on giving.

Big thanks for the feminist section and all who sail in her, I love the conversations on there.

And thanks to PP for the thanks and to everyone who ever says anything nice about me, it is appreciated even though I know I don't often respond, am shy like.

nenevomito Mon 26-Sep-11 21:49:18

blush @ thanks from AuntieMonica, any time thanks

I'd like to say thanks to ConfessionsOfAFlask who has let me cry on her shoulder so many times recently it must be soaked. Also, thanks to MJ in her many guises for listening to my crap even though she has monumental crap of her own to deal with. thanks both, you are MN to me.

FiaGrace Mon 26-Sep-11 21:52:51

I'd like to simply say thanks to everyone who has listened to me and responded to my Posts, it means a lot to simply know that someone, somewhere out there is reading and taking time out of their day to respond.

Also, all the people who helped with the Blankets.

Valpollicella Mon 26-Sep-11 21:58:01

thanks to all contributors and nominators on the Xmas Secret Santa threads...I've said it before but you actually saved Xmas for DS for two separate years. You'll never know how much that meant to me.

To Chaos, thanks. You know why.

ToBelle, my absolute pleasure. grin I'm SO pleased for you. thanks to you as well for listening to my small rants.

To DropDeadFred, thanks just because.

MethodsandMaterials thanks for the pasta wink

To all you brilliant, hilarious and wonderful in so many ways MNers. You are the reason I am still here after 4 years and have low housekeeping standards wine for you all grin

decapitatedgreenteapotlegoman you have made me cry. And it was my real pleasure.

I love MumsNet

Tortington Mon 26-Sep-11 22:00:20

thanks to scummymummy. She doesn't post here anymore so this is a bit redundant. but she travelled all the way from london to brighton to see me for only i hour that i could get off work at lunchtime. and this would have cost her a bomb on the train. You see this was a few years ago. There was a dv incident and my life just melted into a big puddle of piss. Scumster bought me a bracelet, a blingy bling bracelet. she sat with me whilst i cried in a cafe, she listened to me and then she walked me back to work. She has never made me feel guilty for my subsequent decisions and has remained my friend. She is one of those people that you meet who cannot be mean about another person. she is stunningly beautiful and frustratingly wise and witty. I miss you scummy.

thanks to Reality for finally giving birth, lest we all think that pregnancies last forever and ever and ever

thanks to Cod because Twitter told me to say it wink

GetOrfMo1Land Mon 26-Sep-11 22:11:13

thanks to so many people on here over the last 4 years, but especially chaos, pinot, networkguy, frameymcframe and hully for so many kind words on a recent issue which was causing me pain - you were very helpful and your kindness is and was appreciated.

yankeedoodledo Mon 26-Sep-11 22:11:30

thanks to all on the DueMay09 thread. What a lovely, supportive, strong group some of with whom I am now friends in RL. I don't know where I'd be without you! Though we're not as active now on the Postnatal thread, I will always remember the advice, sympathy, friendship we've shared in pregnancy and the early tough days <stops before it gets soppier>.

PeachyWhoCannotType Mon 26-Sep-11 22:20:59

Thank you herbie smile

(Have ditched Sancti again, I get sick of saying (BTW you do know I am peachy right?) )

flowery Mon 26-Sep-11 22:28:36

blushblush and thanks to those who thanked me. It's an absolute pleasure to help women with their tricky employment issues, and I always feel great when someone comes back and says their employer is now paying them holiday pay during their maternity leave, or is giving them their childcare vouchers or whatever it is. Updates are great.

(AIBU to also feel a bit grin as well as hmm when, after I tell someone "er no your employer is absolutely right actually" they frequently slink off never to be seen again..?!)

Employees are in a vulnerable position as often they don't know their rights and/or don't know how to exercise them, and/or can't afford legal advice. So although I don't take on private clients in RL, I'm glad to help on here. Keeps me on my legal toes as well!

I would also like to say thanks to MN. Many many posters have helped me in the past, seeing me through from newborn stage with my PFB to school age, and hundreds of non child-related stuff as well. I've spent a fortune thanks to the S&B threads as well, and learned so so much from all sorts of topics. Although I am so busy I rarely post outside Employment much any more, if I need to know something, the MN search function comes into it's own, and I do a lot of lurking as well.

thanksthanks

oldsilver Mon 26-Sep-11 22:28:40

More thanks for the lovely nobdies been having a bit of a 'mare recently in RL and they have been there and kept me laughing which is what is needed. thanks nobblies!!

And thanks too to MN - I so wish I'd found you six years ago smile

Thanks thanks to babyheave to reading my crap l

AtYourCervix Mon 26-Sep-11 22:35:01

thanks Chaos for making me grin
thanks thanks thanksthanks to the SN regliers
thanks Pagwatch for naming me
thanksthanks thanks to anyone who has ever read, listened and responded to my many moans, gripes, whinges and panics ove the years. Too many to name.

Fimbo Mon 26-Sep-11 22:37:35

thanks to KBear who came over and chatted to me last weekend at the Westfield MN Spyrokids event. Was nervous of meeting anyone, we are now fb mates and everything. grin

Thanks thanks to babyheave to reading my crap like all the time and being forever understanding not to mention untiringly witty. She has so much to deal with herself, so much more than I, but alwAys knows what to say and delivers with great humour.
My thanks also goes to another of my mm commorades who is under cover ATM but she knows who she is wink

angelpantser Mon 26-Sep-11 22:41:42

thanks to the posters on the school appeals threads, admission, prh47 and panelmember in particular. I joined MN after searching for help on a primary school appeal for a friend. Their advice is brilliant and they, like so many others here, give their time and help for free. Thanks to them my friend won her appeal.

nenevomito Mon 26-Sep-11 22:46:57

thanks to Constance for appreciating my humour. The people who do are on a short, but imortant, list grin

macavitythemysterycat Mon 26-Sep-11 22:47:54

My thanks goes to kingprawntikka

I saw what you did today in the mental health topic.

I would like to send thanks to LuluMama <as she was called then> as if it wasn't for her encouragement I really don't think I would of gone on to have dd. Dd turns one on Saturday grin

Prolesworth Mon 26-Sep-11 23:00:06

Message withdrawn

UniS Mon 26-Sep-11 23:01:18

to Amberlight thanks for broadening my view of the world, and letting us into your world.

thanks to the tea room crew for being my mates.

MartyrStewart Mon 26-Sep-11 23:01:28

thanks to fellatio for letting me embrace my inner ponce grin

aristocat Mon 26-Sep-11 23:03:28

thanks to Carrie and Justine

thanks to all my friends on our 40 Towers thread

macavitythemysterycat Mon 26-Sep-11 23:07:38

And thanks dittany. I learned a lot from you.

NoHunIntended Mon 26-Sep-11 23:10:09

thanks to all those on the carseat advice threads, who promote the use of rear-facing carseats for longer than one year old. Valuable information.

WoodBetweenTheWorlds Tue 27-Sep-11 00:25:01

thanks to mrz who consistently dishes out honest advice and practical help over in primary education.

And thanks to flowery for all the help and advice on employment issues.

And thanks to thefirstMrsDeVere for just being you...wisdom personified.

duchesse Tue 27-Sep-11 00:34:25

I just wanna say thanks to any Mnetter who takes time out ever to answer a genuine plea genuinely and using their considerable wealth of experience. It's that kind of help in a huge variety of situations, often in crises, that makes MN the valuable resource it is. I especially want to send thanks to all the brave gals who have passed through or stayed in the Hut of Gl/doom over the years for continuing to support each other despite immense personal sadness of their own (yes, lissie, I'm particularly looking at you!).

MarginallyNarkyPuffin Tue 27-Sep-11 01:15:57

thanks to all the lovely people who take the time to talk to respond to people who are feeling lost and alone.

thanks to all the MN feminists for making me think.

thanks to MNHQ for a site where we can find a recipe, get emotional support, have a rant and discuss pirate sex.

thanks to too many to mention for making me laugh so much that people have come to check that I'm not choking.

allhailtheaubergine Tue 27-Sep-11 06:25:17

thanks to Hecate for being so supportive about something I had name changed to talk about. Your one sympathetic pm was worth more than the entire flaming I was getting on the board smile

A huuuuuuge thanks to AnyFucker and WhenWillIFeelNormal for all their excellent advice on the relationship board. I have been lurking rather than posting myself but the advice they have given to others has helped to save my marriage.

WhenWillIFeelNormal, if you are around still and see this, I know you got some grief and I want to say thanks thank you thanks your advice has made such a great difference to my relationship and my life!

thanks to mrz for always taking the time to answer education questions in a sensible and informative way - many a school related angst has been calmed by her!

janedoe25 Tue 27-Sep-11 07:45:13

thanks to the mumsnetters who donated to SANDS in honour of my baby girl.
thanks to the ladies on the bereaved mothers thread.
thanks to the most fantastically supportive woman on the Feb 2011 threads, I could not have got through the past 7 months without the wonderful support. I am forever grateful.
thanks to wigglesrock who always remembers the dates.

Oh there are so many MNers who have helped me and made a real difference to my life over the years, but I have such a bad memory for names!blush

(It feels unfair to thank only those whose names I remember!)

thanks Mears, Tiktok, Hunkermunker, theoriginalFAB, and many many others who have supported me and helped me over the years.

thanks also to posters who have allowed me to support them. Having depression is shit, but knowing that my experience can help others makes it just that little but significant bit better.

BTW, MNHQ, personally I would have preferred the [star] that Pidge, Knotty et al were agitating for, precisely because of its tongue-in-cheek star-chartiness. The flowers are, dare I say it, a touch...mumsy.

But thanks anyway grin

I've come back to also thank someone called Jennster who I haven't seen for ages but who sent me a white noise tape as I was in the midst of several months of hellish colic with my first baby. Lovely woman.

I too have had support from Hecate, when she has had her own troubles she still took time to talk to me about similar problems I was having and was really supportive.

And don't cry Norks! grin

thanks

Furball Tue 27-Sep-11 08:36:08

my thanks got to Littlefish

- she has been truly inspiring and totally dedicated to losing an incredible 4 stone plus in the last 11 months and even though her journey is not over - shes still totally focused and dedicated.

LOL - I've come on to nominate littlefish and see she's nominated me. grin

DirtyBit Tue 27-Sep-11 09:08:35

thanks to MissPenteuth who was lovely enough to get me an orange Wednesdays code which meant that I was able to go on a last date to the cinema with my DP a couple of days before I had DD via C-Section.

We had a lovely evening and that little gesture meant an awful lot to both of us smile

largeginandtonic Tue 27-Sep-11 09:37:57

thanks to ShowOfHands for being brill and always saying the right thing.

thanks to Lissie who is was such a help when i MC last year.

QueenofJacksDreams Tue 27-Sep-11 09:54:52

thanks to so many MN'ers I can't name just one who make me laugh smile and cry on a daily basis.

MrsBlarney Tue 27-Sep-11 10:12:06

I'd really like to say a huge thanks to ThisIsYesterday for being such a sweetheart and coming to get our rabbits, when I couldn't meet her because ds1 started being sick about an hour before we were meant to go out and was really poorly all day.

I know it was an extra faff for her and I'm really grateful as it was one of those moments when I just had NO answer to what to do, or how to manage it, and she was already nearly there so it was too late to rearrange.

She didn't bat an eyelid or call me a disorganised eejit. She was very pleasant.

thanks again smile

MrsBlarney Tue 27-Sep-11 10:13:39

Custy, that's lovely. Haven't seen SM posting in ages.

thanks to the brilliant babyheave who is now a dear friend. She always manages to make me laugh and I love our crazy chats about anything and everything.

thanks to MJ, for her generosity and her friendship, who supported me while I was having a very rough patch with my family earlier this year and helped me find ways to cope with her wisdom.

thanksalso to ConstanceSnoring, just because I like her !

TheOriginalFAB Tue 27-Sep-11 10:43:20

Thank you prettycandles smileblush.

nickschick Tue 27-Sep-11 10:46:53

Custy smile I sent you thanks

Gincognito Tue 27-Sep-11 10:46:58

thanks to tiktok for advice that allowed my ds and I to continue bf'ing. Feels like second nature now (nearly a year!)

thanks to SOH. She shared some very calm words with me (under a different nn) about labouring with an OP baby that meant a lot. I wish I could be her friend in rl blush.

thanks to all those who responded to my cry for help (again under a different nn) when I had pnd and wanted to give my baby back. I was in a bad, bad place - but one that many mn'ers know well, and your words of kindness meant an awful lot. I tend to have regular, doom-laden panics (yup, one going on right now) and you lot are great at responding sensitively.

LaVitaBellissima Tue 27-Sep-11 10:52:38

thanks to my Life with Twins friends MonkeyMargot, LondonLottie, Gibberingginger, Tartiflette, AtLongLast, Cerubina, holidays2010, & Hippy3

thanks to Mars, Tiktok & TruthSweet for advice on BF

thanks to Mumsnet, I'm so glad I found you smile

chipmonkey Tue 27-Sep-11 11:02:37

Aw, thanks Peachy!blush

thanksthanksthanks right back to Peachy who has been an inspiration and a support with my SN sons.

thanksTo all the Nov 11 Antenatal thread who have been amazing since dd arrived into the world spectacularly early, especially voodoomunkee Merlioness and Poppet

thanksTo hunker tiktok Mears Foxytocin and Mars for bfing advice and support

thanksto cod custy Reality Hully BOF for making MN a fun place

thanksTo Lenin BIWI MmeLindor and all the other Twitter girls for migrating to twitter and making it an alternative fun place!

Loads of others but if we continue, the place will begin to look like Netmums!

JjandtheBeanlovesUnicorns Tue 27-Sep-11 11:47:19

thanks BelleDamesansMerci

I've had a shit enventful few years and had a small breakdown on aibu after dd ruined most of her clothes, belle sent me two huge parcels of truly beautiful clothes and helped me out at a really hard depressing time, dd loves all her new dresses and tells people all the time mumsnet sent her 'presents' and I always smile when going to her wardrobe. Words can't describe how grateful I am every single day!

Kveta Tue 27-Sep-11 11:48:32

thanks to tiktok for her fabulous bfing advice in the early days of DS - I've made it to 2 years, and she was a massive help to start with.

also thanks to the September '09ers, for keeping me sane grin

and a very big thanks to HeidiKat for sending me a jedward CD to help me prove to my friend in the US that the UK, whilst a brilliant place to live, does have its bad points grin

mothmagnet Tue 27-Sep-11 12:25:00

I forgot another woolie wonder

thanks ivysedai, for all your work on the blankets too.

TheOldestCat Tue 27-Sep-11 12:48:09

thanks to tiktok and hunkermunker for advice on BF nearly five years ago.

Wheb I thanked them at the time, hunker suggested I channel my thanks into helping others so am training as a breastfeeding peer supporter. Thanks all!

OracleInaCoracle Tue 27-Sep-11 12:51:49

aw, Ive had a shitty difficult month with my health, and have been questioning my mn use lately, but I'm so grateful and happy to have been mentioned not once, but three times on such a lovely thread. makes me feel like Im not just the irritating bird who rants about how evil clearblue/first response are the perils of early testing. so thanks to duchesse, deemented and largeginandtonic, you've really made my week/month.

thanks to lilredwg, for being such a superstar, in general and all the hutters, past (whether you've graduated or not) and present for keeping me sane and the solidarity.

actually, i love all of you, even the ones i disagree violently with. except the trolls. wink

I'd like to send some thanks to frakkit if she is still around as she really helped when dh lost his job - she offered advice and worked on his cv loads. Thanks to her help dh got a job nice and quickly and hes much happier than he ever was in his old job smile

BelleEnd Tue 27-Sep-11 13:11:41

Oh! What a nice thread!

I'd like to coyly offer my thanks to the Nothing Tastes As Good As Slim Feels members. I've treid losing weight so many times before, and am so packed up to my eyeballs with food ishoos, but they're great and really give me support and perspective.

On a different note completely, bupcakesandcunting deserves thanks for he current weightloss thread, which makes me wail... grin

bum I was rubbish at my thanks!

posterofaquiche Tue 27-Sep-11 13:24:16

thanks To the breastfeeding crew who helped me carry on against the odds and I'm sure help many others with their wonderful knowledge and care.

SpideySenseTingling Tue 27-Sep-11 13:52:33

thanks to the couchto5kers I've never posted only lurked but they've given me the inspiration and motivation to keep going with my own jogging regime.

thanks to queenofjacksdreams,*yourefired*,*25goingon95*,*thingumy*,
slavetofilofax,*LizaTarbucksNonSmokingAuntie*,*MrsBlarney*,
Ifancyashandy,*ImNotAnsweringIt*,*valiumredhead*,*meteorite*,
boysinthehood,kizzie*,*ladybutterfly1 and auldspinster

yes i have named every single mnetter that replied on my panic attack thread this morning (if i have missed anyone i am so sorry) but you have no idea how much you helped me. When I have a panic attack I usually have no one to speak to, or help. So thankyou for taking some time to help and encourage a crazy lady.

I'd like to thank thanks cargirl who I don't know, she doesn't know me, but a few months ago her advice and a link to a website for someone else also helped me when my DS3 had terrible traumas doing poos. I knew it wasn't constipation, but was clueless as to what it was and he was so distressed. thanks to her I was able to go to the GP who swabbed and agreed he had a nasty strepA infection, and he was treated and has been fine ever since.
So here's another big thanks

And a more general thanks to all the lovely mnetters who make me laugh, cry, and inform me on a daily basis. Corny I know, but it's true!!

TheGrassIsJewelled Tue 27-Sep-11 14:27:57

First up, tethersend, thanks for always answering my S&B dilemmas.

cloudydays Tue 27-Sep-11 15:41:26

thanks CheerfulYank for your general cheerfulness and for being such a good ambassador for all us CrankyYanks

thanks to SarahStratton just for being her.

projectbabyweight Tue 27-Sep-11 16:33:22

I'd like to say thanks to MN in general, for showing me life with dc can be fun.

I was in two minds whether to go ahead or not (difficult family background), and now I've got my amazing ds!

ComradeJing Tue 27-Sep-11 16:39:47

thanks to tiktok for getting me through the early days bfing.
thanks to everyone on the feminism section for opening my eyes.
thanks to everyone on the feminism section for showing me such support recently.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 27-Sep-11 16:43:26

I would like to give a sneaky but HUGE thanks to Furball
She is a super spam hunter and helps us by reporting a ton of spam daily, so thank you from HQ.

belledechocchipcookie Tue 27-Sep-11 17:00:16

Bloody hell, Furball reports more then me! shock grin

Snorbs Tue 27-Sep-11 17:00:32

thanks to AnyFucker because this place wouldn't be the same without you. The number of people you must've helped in Relationships is astonishing.

thanks to SolidGoldBrass for unwavering determination in calling a spade a fucking shovel while also possessing an uncanny ability to get to the heart of the issue.

Hullygully Tue 27-Sep-11 17:01:07

<hurls thanks at the ipoats for the wedding corsages and general crinolining.>

I suspect theres an awful lot of mners looking at this thread and feeling a little sad as I'm sure a lot of people give huge amounts of help who've not been mentioned here. So, if you are one of those people have a huge thanks from me cos with out you all it would rather an empty and miserable place.

belledechocchipcookie Tue 27-Sep-11 17:19:27

I'd like to give OhYouBadBadKitten some thanks for her post above. A lot of mners have made such a difference to others, it's impossible to name everyone. You're all stars.

ForYourDreamsAreChina Tue 27-Sep-11 17:20:20

OYBBK- you are always one of the people who springs to mind for me when these threads start up, your endless enthusiasm and patience helping us all to get to where we needed to be in time for Christmas was brilliant! So you get some (snowy) thanks from me, and look forward to your Going Home For Christmas Am I Going To Make It thread this year!

(I was Bucharest btw)

I am secretly hoping for lots of snow Foryourdreams as I really enjoyed doing it grin

ForYourDreamsAreChina Tue 27-Sep-11 17:27:36

So am I! Even though it has us all on tenterhooks for the travelling! It makes it so much more proper Christmassy somehow!

ChuffMuffin Tue 27-Sep-11 17:36:19

thanks to Anyfucker and thanks to everyone who posts in Relationships.

AF doesn't take any prisoners and is straight to the point, whether you want to hear it or not. I hope she's helped a lot of posters put a different view on things. I've never posted about my ex in Relationships, but through reading many threads she and others have helped me realise that I'm not the terrible person my ex made me out to be, and that I was being EAd.

QOD Tue 27-Sep-11 18:37:41

thanks to the Real Mrs Devere who is graceful, honest, supportive and always so bloody lovely and who makes me appreciate my family

<wipes sentimental tear>

ElderberrySyrup Tue 27-Sep-11 18:39:08

thanks StewieGriffinsMom for organising the feminist book clubs, they are great!

I would love to give thanks to all the lovely ladies on the allergies boards.
During the past 18 months my DS, now 7yo, suffered mild reactions, then bad hayfever ending in a severe reaction last year and severe hayfever this year.
I have had tremendous support through the consultants appointments, DS being prescribed an epi-pen, endless tests and dealing with the school and care plans.

Especially would like to mention:
Babybarrister
Greenbananas
Welk
Chocamum
Tinytalker
Eregon
Mummytopebs
Garlicclover
Freefrommum

thanks

SinicalSal Tue 27-Sep-11 19:25:54

thanks to the feminists.
though I think they'd prefer wine tbh or biscuit at the very least

JulesJules Tue 27-Sep-11 19:33:47

thanks to you ALL

I LOVE YOU

thanks thanks thanks

[kate winslet emoticon]

HazeltheMcWitch Tue 27-Sep-11 19:33:50

Big thanks to SuePurblybilt whose turn-of-phrase never fails to amuse me.

Also a tasteful, hand-tied bunch of thanks to FellatioNelson for shepherding the Christmas ponces.

skinnymuffin Tue 27-Sep-11 19:39:37

My thanks go to the wool brigade for helping me start knitting again by inspiring me with the blanket threads - especially purplepidjin ivysedai knottylocks and lydiathetattooedlady

Also thanks to kungfupannda for making tears roll down my cheeks with her reversing thread when I really needed something to make me laugh.

oh my goodness, thank you mrsblarney very kind!
have some thanks right back for letting us take your rabbits, and what's more giving us lovely eggs that DS1 tells EVERYONE about (i think he ate all of them!)

also thanks to everyone on the SN board who helped give me the courage to go to the GP about ds1, and reassured me that I wasn't just being a neurotic mum.

and I know this is a cop-out but thanks to just everyone who has supported me on threads over the last forever years. I am not even going to begin trying to name names cos I'll forget people and then feel bad and because there are too many people who've helped me through a lot of tough patches!

slug Tue 27-Sep-11 19:40:27

thanks To Solidgoldbrass for always saying out loud what I'm thinking, but far more succintly. (Though I suspect she'd prefer a wine)

thanks To dittany, SGM and all the other feminists. I lurk but rarely post as you lot are more erudite than me.

StellaAndFries Tue 27-Sep-11 19:48:20

I would to like to thank mummylin for being a virtual gran to dd4, through my pg I posted on the scuttlebuggers thread and even when I was high on oxytocin grin

thanks

HazeltheMcWitch Tue 27-Sep-11 19:51:04

Ooh, and a big thanks to BagofHolly for bravely sharing the wonders of her suppurating neck with a band of internet vultures.

Reggiee Tue 27-Sep-11 19:57:20

thanks to the lovely EandH who after the birth of my pfb posted me a swimming cossie, after I'd mentioned I'd like to go swimming with dd. I was an emotional wreck at the time, and couldn't believe that a virtual stranger would do such a lovely thing.
Approaching five years later, I still look back with fondness of the lovely Jan07 pn thread.

Alouiseg Tue 27-Sep-11 20:29:33

To the straight talkers: MoonDog SolidGoldBrass ScottishMummy

To the Tweeters - All of you, no I'm not naming you all, what do you think this is? Fucking NetHuns!

To FellatioNelson - Who i will miss getting absolutely bolloxed with having a glass of wine with.

[flowers] [flowers] [flowers][flowers] [flowers] [flowers]

Mouseface Tue 27-Sep-11 20:51:13

grin at Alouiseg and your [flowers]

You have made me smile so here, have a thanks from me.

thanks to Alibaba for the friendly ear a few weeks ago.

thanks to Suzannesee for masses of help and advice over a medical issue.

I love this new emotion, thanks MNHQ smile

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Tue 27-Sep-11 20:57:32

to anyfucker, dittany, solidgoldbrass scottishmummy and whenwillifeelnormal for straight as a bullet to the heart talking. you have all done so much to help so many, medals all round please. thanks

to BOF for the condom moment. still my all time fave. thanks

to custardo thefirstmrsdevere showofhands and reality for the madness/fun/reality of your lives, sharing it and the wit and strength you show in handling it all thanks

to atyourcervix and bupcakesandcunting the humour in your names is reflected in the humour in your posts thanks

to all the other MNers i have read who have made me glad to be a part of this place, there are many more who deserve a thanks and a wine so please help yourselves.

I feel the love in the room, people!!

mine again but with names in bold so people can find themselves!

thanks to Alibaba for the friendly ear a few weeks ago.
thanks to Suzannesse for masses of help and advice over a medical issue.

I love this new emotion, thanks MNHQ

ChocaMum Tue 27-Sep-11 21:01:40

Ahh thanks youarekidding and prolificwillybreeder (love the name by the way!)

I agree with you both, all the MNers on allergies have been amazing. Since my DD had an anaphylactic reaction and stopped breathing last year at 9 mo, I have only managed the daily anxiety and stress of allergies with all your help and all the great threads. It has been a long road in getting proper medical help, but you are all so helpful, and full of practical tips that you only gain through your invaluable experience. There is nobody in RL who understands what it's like to see your dc having an anaphylactic reaction, and the difficulties and challenges simple daily life suddenly becomes. Only the allergy MNers know how frustrating it feels to be labelled as a neurotic mother by RL mums/people, and even friends and family. Big thanks to you all, you are all truly amazing! grin

Also...

thanks OYBBK who was amazing during the snow last year and educated me so I knew when I had experienced graupel grin

AlysWorld Tue 27-Sep-11 21:18:00

Dittany thanks
SAF thanks
and all the other feminists thanks thanks thanks

SteelMagnolias Tue 27-Sep-11 21:18:32

thanks go to all the SN posters who have educated me and given me an understanding of what parents/carers of SN children/adults have to go through on a daily basis.

A special thanks to all the brilliant Nobdies who have supported me through good and bad, happy and sad times. I feel very lucky to have you all as friends smile

And of course thanks to all the lovely MNers who make MN what it is

toomuchteaching Tue 27-Sep-11 21:32:28

I would like to thank Totally, even though I've never actually come across her, for starting a Grads thread that helped me survive pregnancy post-MC and which has led to a post-grad thread and indeed some lovely RL friends helping me to survive a PFB! Where would I be without you all!?

lia66 Tue 27-Sep-11 21:35:56

I'll 2nd totally too for exactly the same reasons as tmt You have no idea how much has come of your original thread. thanks

thanks to my dearest friends, the Nobdies. I feel very lucky to have you all as friends. smile
thanks to all those on the Doghouse who have been much help to me in the past.
thanks to all the mners that have given me a giggle when I have been down. smile

toomuchteaching Tue 27-Sep-11 21:38:25

Haha... I'd better actually give you the flowers Totally thanks

And to Lia who helpfully pointed my stupidity out thanks

lia66 Tue 27-Sep-11 21:40:34

woohoo, I got a mention. grin Actually I didn't say that to tmt for anyone who thinks I may have pm'd her and called her stupid. thanks (just because they are preeety)

wompoopigeon Tue 27-Sep-11 21:44:13

To the Mnetters who organise the annual Christmas party, and this year the summer meet up too. thanks So that's Valpollicella and Methodsandmaterials and custardo and angryfeet this year. (That's thanking you in advance custy and angryfeet. If it all goes tits up we'll take the flowers back smile). And to everyone who goes along and welcomes newbies with open arms. It really shows that MN can be a great place in RL and not just words on a screen.

I don't think I am allowed to mention Christmas 2010. <confused by etiquette>

Another vote for flowery, tiktok and hunker for services to employment and bf. In particular tiktok, without you, DD would have gone straight onto bottles week 2. With your help, dispensed with wit and wisdom at all hours, we were still bf at month 13. Thank you.

AlbaDeTamble Tue 27-Sep-11 22:21:07

Another huge thank you to totallyandutterlypaninied for her TTC after MC threads, and then the grads and post-grads and all the wonderful ladies who post on them.
The most amazing support at some tough times and some really great friends now.

And when MNHQ add the flowers to the icons list on the iPhone app, I'll add some blush

(so don't go messaging me too Lia wink)

AlbaDeTamble Tue 27-Sep-11 22:23:17

Though I guess I could take a wild guess and assume this works thanks

misdee Tue 27-Sep-11 22:24:04

thanks to all you lovely mnetters who have been there over the many many years i have been unable to drag myself away from this forum.

StewieGriffinsMom Tue 27-Sep-11 22:35:25

thanks to every one of the brave babes. In particular jesuswhatnext you have really no idea how much your honesty and bravery has changed my life.
and mouseface for keeping us in bacon rolls grin.
But to every brave babe your ceaseless courage and determination inspires and motivates me every single day thanks

jesuswhatnext Tue 27-Sep-11 22:55:23

oh cor!! got a lump in my throat!

i cant say a big enough [thank you] to all the brave babes - its been a hell of a time, new beginnings, rebuilding my family, regaining my self respect, i couldnt have done it without the honesty, care and true friendship which i have found amoung a group of strangers (well, they were strangers, now i know they are just strange! grin) i thank all of them from the bottom of my heart!

jesuswhatnext Tue 27-Sep-11 22:56:01

that would be thanks of course! blush

thanks to SDTGisanevilgenius , she has taught me much with her completely and utterly dignified response every . single . post.

thank you for flowers i received.

lots of people i could thank but want to thank AlysWorld for her massive encouragement and help with my phd proposal and just for believing in me and convincing me i could do it so thanks and you're ace x

I'd like to say thanks to mummymeister for looking out for everyone on the 'Chickens' board and always having words of wisdom for us when our chooks are in strife.

Doodlez Tue 27-Sep-11 23:54:12

thanks

Themildmanneredjanitor, Gorionine and Cornsilk...coz thems me mates on 'ere.

thanks

Expat - for the Tendskin recommendation. Changed me life. Well, not really but it does work!

Valpollicella Wed 28-Sep-11 00:02:12

I love this thread.

thanks

to you all. You just go to show what MN is about

MartyrStewart Wed 28-Sep-11 00:06:49

Aw, thanks back at'cha Val grin

johnnyd1 Wed 28-Sep-11 00:20:40

A massive thanks to LucindaE and all on the Hyperemesis Awarenes threads. She picked up on my condition before we did after noticing a thread my husband started as he was so worried and confused about what was happening to me. No one I knew had even heard of HG so having people to talk to who understood made more of a difference than I can ever express in words.

thanks to *Jacksmama who sent me two parcela pf ginger mita when i had morning sickness and couldn't eat much else.

To the other Tearoomers who have listened to me whinge for at least a year about wanting to move away from my current location.

To the feminists for the debate and solidarity. They remind me that it's not me who's crazy but the world I live in.

thanks all.

thanks to all of you. You are amazing!

*ginger nuts
Sorry had the setting to the wrong language and it autocorrected me.

Thumbwitch Wed 28-Sep-11 01:03:51

thanks to all the threadkillers
thanks to all the tearoom ladies
thanks to all the twilight ZONERS who have gravitated all over the place now (especially Belle and Gigglewitch)
thanks to the radishers

thanks to JareththeGoblinKing for being there to chat to in mutual support over the last few weeks
thanks to AnyFucker for just being fab

thanks to those on the SN board who make the rest of us aware of how our loose language affects them, especially as they are sick to death of having to do it but still carry on

thanks and [star] to the Woolly Wonders - Purplepidjin, Knottylocks, Lydia and Ivy especially - and to Georgimama for knitting up my wool for me

thanks to MNHQ for starting and facilitating this general outpouring of gratitude grin

<<better stop now before people fall asleep!>>

I have thanks for all the stages of my time on MN -

so thanks to the pregnancy board haunters for suggesting things I could bear to eat (and resisting the evil urge to type 'greasy pork sandwich' - yeah, I'm sure you wanted to!). Thanks for the support when DS was late, when I was contracting intermittently for a week, and when I was induced and dreading it...

thanks to tiktok and moonfacemama and organiccarrotcake and all the BF-knowledgable people who held my hand through DS's crazy first week of not-feeding, and then tounge tie division, and then growth spurts, ohgodthegrowthspurts, and kept me sane and laughing. If you could put a price on support like that, I certainly couldn't afford it!

thanks to the Feminist/Women's Rights regulars who inform and educate and entertain me every day. I can't start a list without going on for pages, so will keep it at: dittany you are missed! And the rest of you, well I bloody love ya!

thanks to MNHQ for this place. I get recipes and parenting advice and hear rude things beyond my modest ken and laugh and snort out loud so DH says from across the room "is it the bumsex thread then?" ....

I wish I'd known about Mumsnet when I miscarried. From the support I've experienced here at tiny little upsets, I just know I wouldn't have felt so desperately alone. This is a valuable resource, I'm so glad I found it.
thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks

Thumbwitch Wed 28-Sep-11 01:23:59

forgot one:
thanks to all the overseas ladies who chat, especially the Aussie ladies and extra especially the Sydney/NSW MNers, the ones I have met and the ones I have yet to meet - you're all fab!

tadjennyp Wed 28-Sep-11 03:09:36

thanks to the threadkillers; the Living in Germany girls who let me post though I haven't lived there for years; the Living in America girls, because I do; and the February 11 thread for all the fantastic support.

thanks to everyone who has made me laugh, or given advice on someone else's thread that I could use myself.

MN rules!

Ben10WasTheSpawnNowWeLoveLego Wed 28-Sep-11 04:12:30

thanks to Iamseeingstars and SansaLannister for supporting me through post surgery emotions this week

thanks to the SN: Children ladies esp Indigobell and Ellenjaneisnotmyname

LynnCSchreiber Wed 28-Sep-11 07:46:26

<reads thread>

<sobs>

Can I add thanks to GentleOtter for dogsitting duties and general fabulousness. I love her stoicism and humour, even when her house is - literally - crumbling around her. And the fact that she still takes time to post wise and kind advice to MNetters in need.

And thanks to SGM for the I AM CANADIAN moment, which still makes me laugh out loud.

hazeyjane Wed 28-Sep-11 08:00:11

thanks for

angsty wankers, who have helped me through one of the worst years of my life, with their eloquence, wit and kindness.

justa who has been so kind and offered so much advice and guidance with regards to my ds

everyone on the SN boards who have provided so much advice and support over the last year.

ssd Wed 28-Sep-11 08:12:21

I'd like to thanks all the posters who supported me recently and helped me get the elderly parents topic that started recently

and also tiredemma for sending my boys and me something lovely accompanied with a lovely letter a few years back

[flowers] to you all!

ssd Wed 28-Sep-11 08:12:54

thanks even ha ha!

GentleOtter Wed 28-Sep-11 08:15:06

Thank you, MmeLindor. smile

<in floods of tears now>

CaptainHornblower Wed 28-Sep-11 08:15:36

thanks to AbsOfCroissant in her SerenityAKA guise, for unintentionally creating IPOAT.

Hullygully Wed 28-Sep-11 08:20:34

I agree with Bran having thanks

Hullygully Wed 28-Sep-11 08:21:09

And Paggy needs thanks for her underfrontal nethers

Hullygully Wed 28-Sep-11 08:22:24

And Shirl needs thanks because she makes me weep with laughter

Hullygully Wed 28-Sep-11 08:24:09

And anyone who feels a bit left out and ain't got none yet...

Catch thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks

Dalrymps Wed 28-Sep-11 09:02:25

thanks to all the October piggies for their friendship and support over the last 4+ years smile

I'd like to thank the Jan 2012 thread girls thanks who have been real compatriots through all this and we still have another 16 odd weeks to go!

LCRLCR Wed 28-Sep-11 09:52:43

thanks to tiktok for her patient, practical and sensible breast feeding advice which pulled me out of many a dark and desperate moment

skinnymuffin Wed 28-Sep-11 10:12:06

How could I forget thanks for calrabbit because she made the most beautiful blanket squares with my ball of wool!

fraktious Wed 28-Sep-11 11:29:48

<waves to OYBBK - I'm so glad everything worked out>

thanks to AuldAlliance for patiently answering a myriad of questions and fab continual off-board support thanks

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 28-Sep-11 11:38:00

What a great thread!
thanks all for your lovely words, please do keep them coming.

The first few winners out of the hat are:

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney
twotesttickles
Mouseface
silverfrog
DrNortherner

Congratulations! We will be PMing you shortly.

Sevenfold Wed 28-Sep-11 11:51:08

I am going to add another one, thanksto Kerrymumbles and all the lovely people (squonk, littllered, MOS) for all their support when my dad was ill and died(would have been his birthday today so a wine for him)

I have loads! grin

thanks to the Feminists for picking me up and talking things through with me.

thanks to the BraveBabes - nearly 8 months now. smile I am so, so grateful.

thanks to all the studenty/academic people who've taken time to give me great advice and encourage me - you know who you are but I'm not naming the thread. wink

thanks to vesuvia who sent me a lovely PM out of the blue and really cheered me up when I was feeling down. You are so kind.

thanks to Aitch for all her excellent BLW advice.

Now if I can only get MIL to read some of it so that she doesn't feel the need to smack DS on the back every time he coughs, although I'm starting to think he coughs on purpose because he thinks it's funny when she panics grin

strandednomore Wed 28-Sep-11 12:22:12

Another one for everyone on the Dec 07 PN thread - thanks for being with me through so much, including birth, breastfeeding and suicide bombings! thanks

And for ph47 - you won't know it, but you changed my life! thanks

And if lulumama is still around, thanks for some great advice on VBAC's. It didn't work out for me but it's helped me on the road I'm on now.

hester Wed 28-Sep-11 12:41:07

thanks to all who hang about on the adoption threads, particularly Lilka, maryz, Kewcumber, MrsDV, bran and Kristina. Also NanaNina who always takes time to offer her expert opinion and advice, however cross we sometimes get with her grin

thanks also to motherinferior, for consistently writing what I SHOULD have said, and for carrying on being my RL friend despite my many friendship failings.

thanks to LeninGrad for making lesbian feminism hot, cool and wise all at the same time grin

Custy, it was lovely that you mentioned Scummymummy. I'd like to thanks her too. I miss her.

MrsKarbonara Wed 28-Sep-11 12:55:20

Saracen I just want to say thanks for everything you have ever written on MN. You don't know me from Eve but I want to be like you when I grow up grin.

StickThemWithThePointyEnd Wed 28-Sep-11 13:02:39

thanks to all the lovely ladies on Totally's thread and the Grads and postgrads. thanksthanksthanksthanks words can't express all the thanks here. thanks for all the handholding, listening, reassuring and hair stroking. and the laughs along the way!

Special thanks to Lia66 for all her patience and the virtual doula-ing during the last few weeks of my last pregnancy.

thanks to Pinot, theoriginalFAB, saf and malibustac for being fantastic on our confessions thread.

thanksthanksthanks for PurplePidjin, Knottylocks and Lydia for helping me organise the blanket for our lovely and much missed friend.
thanksthanksthanks for everyone who has been involved in any of the blanket threads, you are an amazing bunch.

and finally,

thanksthanksthanks to Magic8ballhastheanswers who was always there and ready with advice, reassurance and a joke. She always knew the right thing to say and I am gutted that she can't be here to hold my hand through this pregnancy. We miss you all thanksthanksthanks

MrsKarbonara Wed 28-Sep-11 13:06:38

Oh, and although I already gave them some, more thanks for the amazing women (and Pan) in the Feminism section. For not backing down and shutting up. I also want to be like you when I grow up.

<needs more backbone>

Fo0ffyShmooffer Wed 28-Sep-11 13:09:10

thanks to RockStockandtwoopenbottles for when I was trying to sort our holiday. She was hugely helpful to a stranger and even though we couldnt take her up on her offer I feel I now have a like minded friend.

thanks for Madmouse just for being a lovely person and a proper trooper.

ElderberrySyrup Wed 28-Sep-11 13:09:57

And here are some thanks for the feminist lurkers for popping up to defend the section when it gets attacked.

StewieGriffinsMom Wed 28-Sep-11 13:22:57

strandednomore Wed 28-Sep-11 13:53:57

I've thought of another thanks to thumbwitch for starting the posting in the middle of the night thread in the living overseas boards, and for all the lovely posters who posted on it, for making me feel I belonged somewhere when I was living in such a strange place. And for making me realise I wasn't the only MNer who lived on a small island in the middle of nowhere....

purpleturtletoise Wed 28-Sep-11 14:34:30

I would like to thanks helenagrace who scooped me up off a self-indulgent thread I posted, took me out for coffee, and probably has no idea how much she inspired me to get a grip.

FiniteIncantatem Wed 28-Sep-11 15:01:15

thanks to everyone who was on the Fit, Interesting and Available threads, even though they are no longer running.

thanks to everyone on the Feminism section, I have learnt so much, even though mostly I just lurk. I am learning to embrace who I am. A special mention to Dittany thanks

To SGB for her insistence that you don't have to be in a relationship. It makes me feel less of a freak for loving being single thanks

To Mumsnet, to everyone on here, for the laughter and the tears. The love and support I see on here renews my faith in humanity on a regular basis. Without you the last 5 years would have been a lot harder and really quite lonely at times. thanksthanksthanksthanksthanks

CristinadellaPizza Wed 28-Sep-11 15:02:48

I want to send a thanks to all the fantastic women who post on the feminist board, who have reawakened my long dormant feminist activism, made me realise that I can still make a difference and have given me hope for the future smile

CristinadellaPizza Wed 28-Sep-11 15:04:02

Awww aStarinStrangeways - absolute pleasure xx

Mouseface Wed 28-Sep-11 15:20:34

shock I won a prize???

thanks MNHQ smile xx

AKMD Wed 28-Sep-11 16:18:47

glotheblo, izzywizzyletsgetbusy, JenniferYellowHatsRedLingerie, madhattershouse, perfumedlife, PisteysInManhatten, PoppyDoolally and snippywoo2 thanks for getting me through a really tough night before my operation and giving me tips on how to get some sleep. I really appreciated your kindness in taking 2 minutes out just to hold my hand.

celebmum Wed 28-Sep-11 17:04:17

I'd like to thank mumsnet for this [thank] !

I would like to give thanks to missdisorganised for getting through the past year and more and wish her all the luck in Uni.

gorionine Wed 28-Sep-11 17:49:31

thanks to dittany for having unleashed the dorment feminist in me!

MadameOvary Wed 28-Sep-11 17:55:05

Thank you for the thanks Mouseface. The reason that thread was so successful was because you've helped so many, they all jumped on the chance to show their appreciation smile
Yay for your prize! grin

TheOriginalFAB Wed 28-Sep-11 17:57:02

Thank you IvySedai. I am very touched. smile

thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks
A HUGE THANK YOU
to Carrots and celery who heard
my plea about weaning myself
off nicotine tablets and
(following a PM) posted me
the most delicious Scottish
sweets to suck.
thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks

thanks

To all the posters on the love bus to Crealy thread and it's subsequent offpring. The book titles had me laughing for weeks and as for "shopping for carbs with Claire".......pmsl ever time I remember it.

MartyrStewart Wed 28-Sep-11 18:53:33

'Shopping for carbs with Claire' definitely deserves a thanks grin

bluegnueboo Wed 28-Sep-11 18:59:25

Another thanks to tiktok for being lovely in the face of my hormonal sleep deprived madness. Many moons ago, and when I was in a previous incarnation, but kept me going.thanks

Tethers has to get one, for maybe hmm slightly less important, but greatly appreciated help on a shoe search.thanks

ilovesprouts Wed 28-Sep-11 19:14:53

i would like to give a big bunch thanks to the mumsmetters who send me some gifts from the secret santa so very kind smile

PeachyWhoCannotType Wed 28-Sep-11 19:32:28

I did this once but thought of more

FlamingRedHead and MrsDV who are always there with kind words and support despite the fact that I am amazed how they get up each morning after what they have coped with. I think you two are bloody amazing.

Fenouille Wed 28-Sep-11 21:14:46

I would like to give a thanks to truthsweet for giving my loads of support when I was trying to get bf going with my DS.

thanks also to AuldAlliance for giving me a load baby clothes and a pump which really helped me out.

Last but not least, thanks to the Nov 2010 posse for the laughs, support and good advice smile

2shoes, because she's very lovely and has given me some great advice recently.

2shoes thanks thanks thanks you are an utter star thanksthanksthanks

musicposy Wed 28-Sep-11 23:48:53

thanks Valhalla for all her wonderful doggy wisdom

thanks DooinMeCleanin for her great advice and really funny stories - and for making me feel my terrier isn't quite so difficult!

thanks julienoshoes because she gives wonderful advice in home ed again and again, and never tires of helping people, no matter how often she is asked the same thing.

thanks Marjoriew because it always brightens my day to see her on a thread. smile

musicposy Wed 28-Sep-11 23:50:19

thanks and for ApocalypseCheeseToastie for always having some wonderful gadget up her sleeve and making my Christmas shopping easy grin

madmouse Thu 29-Sep-11 09:10:34

thanks to those who've taken the trouble to post that my wittering at them/listening to them has made a difference when they were struggling

I'm sitting here sobbing, because when I worked through my own hell of complex PTSD, traumatic birth and child abuse issues I asked God to promise me that it would not all be for nothing. And it seems it hasn't been...

Fiderer Thu 29-Sep-11 09:33:54

Flamesparrow, BALD, and others who helped me one evening a couple of years ago after my friend died. Never forgot it.
And the lovely berolina who doesn't post any more (or maybe yes?) and who helped me with my funeral speech when I was struggling.
thanks

Sevenfold Thu 29-Sep-11 09:52:17

thanks ApocalypseCheeseToastie for being there for me

poppycat04 Thu 29-Sep-11 10:20:25

To AnyFucker, she's always there with solid, funny advice.
Don't seem to have flowers on phone, so will have to be a bear instead! grin

Jaquelinehyde Thu 29-Sep-11 10:49:48

thanks thanks thanks thanks
I need to say a massive thank you to all my fellow shineys
I know we are generally known as a bunch of cunts on MN
However, the support, advice, laughter, fights and constant chatter is what has got me through the past few years.
I will never forget the day the Ocado van pulled up with a massive shop they had done for me to get me through a tough time (I tried to send the man away but he insisted it was for me and then I cried. I don't think he will come back here in a hurry!)
But the one thing I have to say thanks for more than anything is the posts, emails, texts etc that simply say 'Hey Jaq, how are things?'
thanks thanks thanks thanks

ErmNameChanged Thu 29-Sep-11 10:55:07

Um, so many to name...

Riven, Peachy and 2shoes for opening my eyes. I have learned a huge amount from those ladies and I hope, have become a slightly better person for it.
mrz, feenie, indigobell and, horrors, I have forgotten her username - the lady who was a teacher and who lost her husband - for all the helpful teaching insights.
OJ and Trinity and rindercella and Misdee and Edgar plus others whose names I can't quite pull out of memory right now, who by sharing their traumas have helped others and also shown such dignity and bravery.
lulumama, tiktok, and the midwives (whose names I will go 'of course!' when I see them) who post of here to reassure and inform.
Plus all the other incredibly funny and sharp women (and men) what make be lol on a daily basis... thanks

Thumbwitch Thu 29-Sep-11 10:59:03

Another one I forgot - thanks to RockStockandTwoOpenBottles for guiding me to the way to access BBC iPlayer from overseas - love you for that! x

Pinot Thu 29-Sep-11 11:00:25

Oh yes I luffs RockStock

ErmNameChanged Thu 29-Sep-11 11:03:13

Ye Gads! Last post was 'that make me lol', not 'what make be lol'...

Also, have remembered Dittany for insightful view on the world, kewcumber, nananina, thefirstmrsdevere,earthmotherimnot all for their kindness in sharing their experiences and knowledge most generously...

thanks to MouseFace and MadameOvary for their boundless kindness and caring

thanks to AnyFucker and solidgoldbrass who scare me a little bit but who always go in straight for the kill with succintness and insight

thanks to garlicnutty for appearing to share a brain with me

thanks to PiranhaMorgana for kind words, at length, when I was feeling suicidal

CristinadellaPizza Thu 29-Sep-11 11:47:22

And another thanks thanksthanksthanks to kreecher who was very kindly going to come and meet me and DS when we were in France on our own and he was bored and lonely. Until she realised we were almost in Spain grin

ledkr Thu 29-Sep-11 12:13:05

I would like to say thanks to the lovely janedoe25 for having the courage to stick with us on Feb 11 ante/post natal thread when her won little Zoe didnt make it.Im sure i spek for everyone when i say its been a great honour to continue our friendship with her and remember Zoe.We are all so excited about her up coming wedding and hopefully a brother or sister for Zoe soon.

Also thanks for everyone who gave me support with the pils and when baby D was born with her cleft.In those darkest days it was mn who kept me strong and hopefull and took the fear of the unknown away.

ledkr Thu 29-Sep-11 12:13:32

sorry her own little Zoe

Sofabitch Thu 29-Sep-11 12:25:40

When Is the I phone update coming so u can use this emotion.

Tech (MNHQ) Thu 29-Sep-11 12:30:08

Hi Sofa, the new emoticon will still work in the app if you type in [ thanks ] (w'out spaces obv.) There just isn't a button for it.

Mouseface Thu 29-Sep-11 12:42:05

<goes week at the knees seeing Tech post on the thread>

Hey, Tech, surely YOU deserve a huge thanks for all of your hard work, keeping us all in check with our nicknames and the demands we make of you for our emoticons? smile

I think you do a grand job.

Sofabitch Thu 29-Sep-11 14:00:23

[Thanks] I still want an update wink

Sofabitch Thu 29-Sep-11 14:00:40

thanks

Actually, I'd like to say thanks to Thumbwich who is an absolute mine of information and extremely helpful to so many of us on here.

Also to all the lovely people on the bereavement thread for those of us that are grieving a parent; thanks smile

PeachyWhoCannotType Thu 29-Sep-11 14:08:03

Yes thumbwith is fab thanks

Thumbwitch Thu 29-Sep-11 14:20:31

Aww, thanks you two smile

'Tis true Thumbwitch just so disappointed that you are now down under as I'd loved to have met up with you...

Thumbwitch Thu 29-Sep-11 14:24:44

Next time I'm back, we'll see what we can do - don't know when yet but I'll let you know, I promise smile x

Mouseface Thu 29-Sep-11 14:54:19

Whores - I just hovered over your name and ROFLd at the bit after about your impostor. How very dare they! smile

Not nice though is it. Get your own name I say!

Thumb - thanks for all of the kind things you have said to me over the last couple of years. I always read your posts and find myself nodding in agreement with you. Hope you are okay xx

Thumbwitch Thu 29-Sep-11 15:02:43

I am, thank you Mousey! thanks

Another one who want to thank a Tech, but this time I think it's DamianTech who gets the thanks for the dragon emoticon we demanded with menaces asked for nicely grin

A very big bunch of thanks to Alegre who took the trouble to give me all kinds of information about the new area (including schools, doctors and dentists) I have just moved to; for bothering to actually get in touch and come and see me once we arrived and for being my first friend in my new home town!!

PeachyWhoCannotType Thu 29-Sep-11 15:27:17

Ah whores my hover could be changed to NotPeachyPossum couldn;t it? Sorted LMAO!

Mouseface Thu 29-Sep-11 15:49:01

grin Peachy

PeachyWhoCannotType Thu 29-Sep-11 15:56:19

Easier than falling out with someone over something so small anyway!

PeachyWhoCannotType Thu 29-Sep-11 15:58:29

Right a few special new ones here.

Lissie for starting a thread sorting something for the family of cupofte thanks and cesttout for organising the money, well done you both thanks

Mouseface Thu 29-Sep-11 16:35:25

here here smile

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 29-Sep-11 16:43:55

You mean the THREAD FOR CUPOFTEA peachy?

(Don't want to miss an opportunity wink )

janedoe25 Thu 29-Sep-11 17:10:39

ledkr You have just made my day! Thank you for all of your fab support and for making me laugh! thanks from me and Zoe x

PeachyWhoCannotType Thu 29-Sep-11 17:11:52

That's him Rebecca

Did message you about a sticlky actually but have messaged you a lot today sorry

I still want the [dragon] back
I loved that dragon, she was well fiesty and brave

jimswifein1964 Thu 29-Sep-11 19:17:23

I would like to thank soupy for being completely rational about 7 yrs ago, and pulling me from the brink of depression thanks

hester Thu 29-Sep-11 19:49:37

Oh, and thanks to Spero who is, for those who don't know her, a sparklingly impressive barrister with a rapier-like intelligence who does great work on the adoption threads. [whispers] I think I may have a bit of a crush on her.

insanityscratching Thu 29-Sep-11 19:49:40

I'd like to say thank you thanks to all on the special needs board who have supported me, given sound advice and understood my rants and frustrations during the long hard battle with the LA.

Maryz Thu 29-Sep-11 19:58:29

I've just seen this thread, and can't believe I've been mentioned. I never get mentioned on threads blush, so feel very proud.

I wanted to send thanks to the adoption regulars, the teenage regulars (especially Custardo who is the original teenage mentor) and everyone on here who just makes me laugh.

No matter how horrible real life is being on any particular day, I can log on here and always find something to smile about.

So thanks to everyone.

Just as a matter of interest, is the thanks going to become [fthanks] or [poinsiettas] at Christmas grin.

BoffinMum Thu 29-Sep-11 19:59:11

thanks to Blondes, who has held my hand through so many childcare crises. And thanks to NannyNick and Frakkin as well.

Redumbdancy Thu 29-Sep-11 20:18:05

thanks to Shoshe (where are you?) and LargeG&T for helping me through a hard patch a couple of years ago on the forces sweetheart board. Have name changed lots since so they won't recognise me but I'll always remember their kind words.

thanks to all the women on PN Feb 11, I could never have survived the past year without your support. Extra big bunch of thanks to janedoe25 for reasons already mentioned and to reastie for helping me feel sane, you know why!