Does anybody know anything about moviestarplanet.

(6 Posts)
TheKid Mon 14-Apr-14 12:24:03

The website is fine. If anyone is mean to me (very rare) I report and block them. Don't know when sexual stuff came confused.

CP53 Thu 24-Jan-13 16:02:04

I wish I had read all this before agreeing to let my 11 girl use her xmas money to buy a vip membership.

Within a week the site had blocked her account and she could no longer gain access, she had no idea why. When I contacted their customer support to ask for a reason I was advised that my girl (or one of the 50 users!! from our IP) had broken the rules and her account would not be reactivated. They sent me a screen print which included dates, times and some very foul languaged comments that she had allegedly made, upon checking these I realised very quickly that 99% of these could not have been her as she was at school. They have no interest in my comments and are insisting that she did this and no-one else could have because they definately came from my computer.

If you are reading this then please please please do not let you child onto this website it seems to be just one great big scam.

Dejango Sun 06-Jan-13 02:50:09

I totally agree, except for that part about thirteen year old minimum, I think it should be sixteen year old minimum age registration for such mature content and privileges, you're much too liberal. Actually, any website requiring a paid subscription for minors are not to be trusted, not conscientious or ethical in any way. Do children have credit cards? Or, are they targeting your wallet through your children? Word to the wise, get your children off of msp/vip.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 30-May-11 09:35:13

Hi amanlou , thank you for your post. You can find some useful information about internet safety here.

HTH

Best
MNHQ

guffdaddy Sun 29-May-11 21:38:24

Hi

my daughter (aged 8) had an account on that site which I deleted today. I don't think it is very well moderated and some of the stuff is hugely age-inappropriate.

I don't approve of a site for 8 - 13 year olds which focuses on the boyfriend/girlfriend stuff - my daughter had some very inappropriate stuff messaged to here (e.g. "do you shag", "are you wet" etc. etc.) and some of the postings on the public forums are much more extreme than this.

Maybe I caught them on a bad day (regarding the messages/forum posts) but to me the whole setup of the site is overly sexualized and probably more suitable for (minimum) 13 years and upwards.

I also think a site aimed at this age group should insist on a parental consent email before a user is allowed to join.

Just my 2P worth...

Cheers

amanlou Sun 22-May-11 11:48:24

I think I have probably started about three different threads now but being a bit slow in getting used to the site am not sure of what I am doing yet. I need some advice on this site as registered my nine year old daughter this morning having read the safety and about us but once on the site was very concerned about content and suitability. Can anybody give any advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now