Dogsnet

(42 Posts)
Alouiseg Sun 05-Sep-10 20:47:35

Dear Mnhq,

Chicken keepers have their own section which is lovely for them but us dog types would really like our own "dogsnet" so we can swap hints and tips and have a safe haven to hide in when the dog haters get busy with the pitchforks.

I promise that we all pick up the poo and walk our beautiful boys and girls in places appropriate for their behaviour.

Thank you muchly

Xx

But there is a pets section already confused

Or are you special because you have a hound? wink

Alouiseg Sun 05-Sep-10 20:59:27

Yes, I want a special hound section. No one ever referred to a hamster as (wo)mans best friend.

No but many a frustrated politician...... grin

Alouiseg Sun 05-Sep-10 21:03:33

........or ageing filmstar

Dinghy Sun 05-Sep-10 21:05:41

I have a pet shark.

I want fishnet.

And for my pet rabbit - harenet.

And for my crabs - a trip to the clinic.

I do think you have a problem though, in that people will misinterpret it deliberately and hang out there on Friday night talking about dogging.

I think you'll find hairnets in style and beauty Dinghy.

catinthehat2 Sun 05-Sep-10 21:15:17

Good luck with that.

I think we need a cat section as well - but that's been rejected because stick insect owners might want their own section and WHer Will It All End confused.

The Litter Tray

<not bitter at all, oh no no no>

I'm generally against the idea of a dogsnet. People will hide it if they don't like dogs - much like the tackroom which is apparently for horse lovers, rather than what I thought (I did think it was the tach-room - for discussing how to get through mileage limitations if you are a hairy trucker grin).

And anyway, 90% of dog related posts go in AIBU - because they are. Hairy. Smelly and unreasonable. And that's just the posters wink

BeenBeta Mon 06-Sep-10 08:27:49

"Hairy. Smelly and unreasonable."

You could launch a hostile takeover of Dadsnet - it needs spicing up a bit. grin

Tempting BeenBeta - I often wonder what would happen if I let DH on here. I suspect he'd be slaughtered challenged robustly for some of his views grin

Eleison Mon 06-Sep-10 14:57:01

No to dogsnet. My terrier would get the wrong idea and start typing 'AIBU to think that the fucking shar pei from up the hill should cross the road and SAY HIS PRAYERS before hauling his wrinkly carcass past MY GATE.

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 08-Sep-10 11:48:20

Well now I gone and got a puppy... I'm all for it. Guess we have to have cats too... so we think we should create a new Pets category with existing Tack room, chicken keepers, and new dogs and cats categories. Can you suggest good names/

What other categories do we need? Small furry creatures purchased to avoid the need to buy the children a dog?

rubyrubyruby Wed 08-Sep-10 11:52:18

yes to dogsnet.

no need for catsnet - you just feed them don't you?

Eleison Wed 08-Sep-10 12:01:27

lol at cat dismissiveness.

Could we have a cockateilsnet? -- I've just bought one and since he keeps standing on the keyboard he might as well have his own talkboard to type into.

Seriously I can't really see the need for subdividing the pets topic. I quite like the cameraderie of all livestock together.

fruitshootsandheaves Wed 08-Sep-10 12:05:11

I suggest Canine Corner
and Cat Crazies grin

Eleison Wed 08-Sep-10 12:08:02

Judging from MN classic threads, the hamster section should be called 'Recipes' and the guinea pig section should have a poetry topic.

Habbibu Wed 08-Sep-10 12:08:55

Alpaca Alley?

catinthehat2 Wed 08-Sep-10 12:12:31

Please please please, can we have this for the cat bit:

"The Litter Tray"

(If you had a cat you would understand)

Eleison Wed 08-Sep-10 12:14:45

Shouldn't the cat bit just be called 'Yes of course I Am Being Unreasonable, I'm a cat'

Eleison Wed 08-Sep-10 12:17:13

Fishnet goes without saying I suppose.

fruitshootsandheaves Wed 08-Sep-10 12:19:14

or maybe

Remains of the Day grin

as the cats always leave some sort of remains in the house

Eleison Wed 08-Sep-10 12:24:31

I predict much factionalism in the small animals category, as chinchilla owners proest at being lumped in with degus etc.

fruitshootsandheaves Wed 08-Sep-10 12:26:21

Well obviously my Persian will need her own special section

Eleison Wed 08-Sep-10 12:28:36

grin Aristocats?

And clearly we must not have cats among the pigeons; and the sheep must be separated from the goats.

Eleison Wed 08-Sep-10 12:29:58

(But the lions can lie down with the lambs).

Habbibu Wed 08-Sep-10 12:36:37

Oh, there'll be a whole world of pedigree vs mutt bunfights.

catinthehat2 Wed 08-Sep-10 12:44:30

Have asked the cats and they think the dog section should be called "Enemies" and the random small fluffy section should be "Prey" or "Lunch"

Eleison Wed 08-Sep-10 12:47:33

grin

Have asked my dog, and he thinks the pet topic should just be divided into Shag, Murder, Avoid.

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 08-Sep-10 13:32:54

Eleison

grin

Have asked my dog, and he thinks the pet topic should just be divided into Shag, Murder, Avoid.

HaHa I think that's worthy of a magic quote thingy.

Eleison Wed 08-Sep-10 13:45:55

grin and [awe] at magic quote thingy. Dog is flattered.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 08-Sep-10 15:06:30

Hello.

We're very pleased to announce the arrival of our new Pets category - containing the Kennel club, Fishnet, the Litter tray and Super furry animals, as well as our old favourites, Chicken keepers and The tack room.

Enjoy!

catinthehat2 Wed 08-Sep-10 15:12:24

I have laready defiled the cat setion with the traditional opening hairball.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Bella32 Wed 08-Sep-10 15:19:30

This is madness.

What about multi-species threads, like 'my cat's started peeing indoors since we got the dog' or 'best way to introduce a puppy to a cat'? Where will you put them?

It's also going to test the knowledge of mnhq cos some threads don't explicitly mention which type of pet, but rather the authors on that subject. Ha!

Mad, mad, mad.

Bella32 Wed 08-Sep-10 16:05:21

And seriously - seriously - a very common question on Pets is 'What is the best pet for my dc?'

Where does that go????

Eleison Wed 08-Sep-10 16:17:21

Why haven't you added a Spidersnet. Then we could have Aragog and Shelob on for a webchat. <groan>

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 08-Sep-10 17:35:25

Bella32

And seriously - seriously - a very common question on Pets is 'What is the best pet for my dc?'

Where does that go????

In pets?

Bella32 Wed 08-Sep-10 17:42:21

And if the answer is overwhelmingly 'rat' and the conversation moves on to caring for a rat, does the thread then have to move?

Anyway, pop over to Pets and see what everybody there thinks....

catinthehat2 Wed 08-Sep-10 17:45:23

I am loving this quote app.

DOes the background colour change according to mood I wonder? Is a Farrow and Ball colour card involved?

DanceInTheDark Wed 08-Sep-10 17:57:14

This is silly now.

Do we really need separate topics for everything that could just go in a thread and when that gets full another started a la the shiney ones or zappatas (are they still around?)

Alouiseg Wed 08-Sep-10 19:08:41

Oh wow! Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now