Lanzarote in October half-term

(10 Posts)
Ikeameatballs Fri 25-Nov-16 16:15:17

I'm on the verge of booking a holiday in the October half-term 2017 but I'' suddenly having cold feet over the weather. It will be our only holiday abroad next year and I like the sun. Will it be warm enough?

purplemunkey Fri 25-Nov-16 16:20:45

We went to Fuertaventura this year at the end of Oct with our 2yr old. Temp was around 25 degrees most days with a but if a breeze and some intermittent cloud. Was very nice actually, warm and sunny but not too hot for toddler.

purplemunkey Fri 25-Nov-16 16:21:25

*bit of a breeze even

Ikeameatballs Fri 25-Nov-16 16:29:56

Thanks, purple.

We'll be staying at the Sentido Aequora if anyone's been there?

Lovelybangers Fri 25-Nov-16 16:30:24

Yes, should be just nice in Octber.

I have been to the Canaries at differing times of year. In my experience from May up until end ofNovember is good weather. The few winter months in between can be variable - but still generally much better than UK.

Our most recent trips have been in the Feb half term - to Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Tenerife. Usually the weather was nice enough to swim (if feeling brave) and walk around in shorts etc. On the occasional day it would be windy, cooler and rainy.

It's probably a good option though for an October half term break - as opposed to mainland Spain or Greece etc.

Ikeameatballs Sat 26-Nov-16 09:05:17

Ok, I've booked it now!

Lovelybangers Mon 28-Nov-16 16:44:33

Great.

something to look forward to.

Have a good hols.

Maximummonkey Mon 28-Nov-16 17:04:48

That's where we stayed October half term this year. It was lovely. Weather was really good, bit cloudy some mornings but lovely by the afternoon.
The unheated pool was freezing so we didn't use that one, the heated ones were really warm.

Ikeameatballs Wed 30-Nov-16 23:08:35

Did your children enjoy it?

Mine will be 11 and nearly 8.

Maximummonkey Thu 01-Dec-16 21:35:48

Yes, we did enjoy it, the rooms were lovely, very clean and modern.
We took an 8 year old with us, he loved the pools and the trip to Timanfaya National park.
The only downfall was the restaurant, very loud, food ok though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now