Villa or ground floor apartment on a child friendly complex near the beach?

(7 Posts)
clairedunphy Sat 12-Nov-16 18:34:02

It's a bit of a vague ask, but I'm clearer on the type of holiday I want than on the actual location.

We've got an 8 and 3 year old and want somewhere for next summer that gives us enough space for comfortable self catering - at least 2 bedrooms - but with some shared facilities (not bothered about kids clubs but maybe a playground, somewhere to kick a ball around, tennis court would be good and swimming pool is a must).

I'd also love to be within very easy distance of the beach, plus near to a few restaurants etc.

We were in a private villa last year which was lovely but think that the extra facilities would give the children a bit more to do.

Budget is up to around 2k I think.

Any ideas? On holiday sites you can search for villas or hotels, but don't seem to be able to filter for eg a complex so I'm struggling a bit.

Costacoffeeplease Sat 12-Nov-16 19:00:36

I live in Carvoeiro in the Algarve, there are a few developments here that would be worth looking at - Quinta do Paraiso, Monte Dourado, Monte Carvoeiro for starters

clairedunphy Sat 12-Nov-16 22:19:05

Lovely, thank you. I'll take a look.

I forgot to mention that we want to be able to fly from Birmingham too. Which is fine for the Algarve!

Nooneofnote Sat 12-Nov-16 22:23:49

Cala d'or or Cala Egos fits the bill. Short flight, transfer about an hour(iirc)

Lots of smaller hotels and little coves.

I went to Corfu last year which I loved too. Went to Sidari and it was first time I'd taken ds(4) self catering. We are out every night and didn't have a bad meal.

Beach is lovely, weather gorgeous and everyone we met was super friendly. We will definitely go back

monkeywithacowface Sat 12-Nov-16 22:25:36

We went here this summer it was bloody amazing. Flew from Birmingham too

www.hotelsuitevillamaria.es/en?gclid=CLb3zuqgpNACFRMz0wodTzsCTA

It's not close to the beach but runs a free shuttle bus everyday (we never went though as the place was so amazing we just stayed by the pool!)

rookiemere Sun 13-Nov-16 10:20:56

We tend to stay in places like this as it would spoil our holiday to share one bedroom with DS for the week.
It's sometimes easier to locate them if you a) do a search for timeshares as that is effectively the type of accommodation you're looking for - obviously you don't have to buy a timeshare, b) check out James villas resort holidays - again same sort of thing c) check out Jet 2 holidays - it's usually quite clearly stated what type of accommodation you'll be in - often if you click on the studio ones they will also have one and two bed apartments.

Couple of ones we've stayed in - loads in Portugal Grande real santa eulalia is one, we've often stayed at the Regency country club Tenerife - although it's not beside the beach there is a mini bus that goes down and up during the day.

clairedunphy Sun 13-Nov-16 10:37:21

Great, thanks for the ideas. Lots of options to look at, will come back later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now