Kefalonia resorts

(7 Posts)
welshbeach101 Mon 07-Nov-16 20:00:59

Just wondered which resorts were best for beaches/coves where you can go snorkelling please? We like quiet resorts with restaurants but not bothered about entertainment. Also any accommodation recommendations would be great, we'd prefer a two bedroom place, happy to self cater or B&B. Kids will be 10 & 7 and we're hoping to go in July next year.

mouldycheesefan Tue 08-Nov-16 10:56:11

We stayed in fiskardo which is lovely bit we did hire a car and saw most of the island.
I think only one place has a sandy beach but can't remember which one, the others are all stony.
Re snorkelling, we did a tour with a marine biologist which was good saw octopus etc but it's not the greatest place in the world for snorkelling.
We did enjoy it there and fiskardo was a good base, but if you want sandy beach it wouldn't be for you.

welshbeach101 Tue 08-Nov-16 20:27:19

Thank you will look into Fiskardo, don't mind if the beaches aren't sandy, marine biologist tour sounds great.

rosettesforjill Tue 08-Nov-16 20:29:53

We stayed in Lourdas which was beautiful with lots of good restaurants and a nice sandy beach. Would definitely recommend it although I think in general it's difficult to find anywhere actively horrible in Kefalonia!

welshbeach101 Tue 15-Nov-16 15:09:43

Thank you that's reassuring that it is all nice!

monkeyfacegrace Tue 15-Nov-16 15:14:41

Kef is my favourite place in the world.

North is rocky and picturesque.
South is less windy and sandy.

Svoronata, Avithos resort is where we always stay. Literally 10 mins from the airport.

Hire a car, but book in advance. Pefanis is the company you want, there's no excess with them, and their cars are safe. You get the keys from the airport and off you go.

Lassi is the 'strip' which is louder at night, and has the beach with water sports. Saying that, there isn't a nightclub just restaurants, but lots of supermarkets selling beach tat etc. My kids loved it for the water sports, I hated it as I don't do that sort of thing. But it's literally one road!

Caves at Sami are worth a visit if you're passing.

Any other questions and I'd be happy to answer.

welshbeach101 Thu 17-Nov-16 20:52:26

Thanks have started looking for accommodation!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now