Eurocamp nothern Italy

(15 Posts)
Finlaggan Thu 03-Nov-16 06:11:10

Does anyone have any site recommendations for eurocamp in the north of Italy either Venice or Milan region? Conversely any camps to avoid.

Also do you think 2 weeks is too long in the camp, should we split the holiday? We have a 4&7 year old.

Thanks

Finlaggan Thu 03-Nov-16 06:53:49

Update- Venice flights booked this morning so looking for Adriatic recommendations please! Thanks

namechangedtoday15 Thu 03-Nov-16 14:25:47

We stayed at Union Lido this year (I think Eurocamp was there, we stayed with Bolero holidays which seemed to have the best mobiles / outdoor space). If you are thinking of the school holidays, it will be very busy and a massive site, but once you're used to that, our children really enjoyed it. It doesn't feel particularly Italian (I don't think the area as a whole is particularly authentic) but Venice is a whole different kettle of fish and beautiful. A couple of people we met also recommended Marina di Vicenzia but haven't been myself.

We had a week there and then a real italian week in agriturismo type accommodation near Bologna and Lake Garda.

ReallyTired Thu 03-Nov-16 14:29:10

We went to Camp Ca Savio and it was lovely. Lots for the kids, a nice beach as well. Most the children camps were in German though.

Finlaggan Thu 03-Nov-16 17:41:15

Thanks really what is the accommodation like? We've never been to eurocamp.

ihatethecold Thu 03-Nov-16 17:45:11

I would split my time. Venice is only 2 hours max from the lakes.
Lake Garda is beautiful. We stayed at camping Eden then on to caorle.

Finlaggan Thu 03-Nov-16 18:41:38

Thanks namechange that's helpful marina has been recommended by a friend too but we can't get accommodation there for the full time, I'll check out the other options.

We usually are happy to drive for a few hours so will check out the lakes too.

ReallyTired Thu 03-Nov-16 20:15:33

The accomodiation is with either two or three bedroom caravans or if you are don't care about creature comforts then you can stay in a luxury tent. The tents have beds, electricity and a fridge so it's not basic camping. Personally I would not recommend the tents as we did it one year and got very badly bitten. Tents give no protection against extreme heat.

The caravans are comfortable, but you need to bring your own washing up liquid, tea towels etc. You can hire bedsheets, but it's not cheap.

cluecu Fri 04-Nov-16 20:30:29

La Rocca in between bardolino and garda (east side of lake garda) and camping weekend village (west side near salo). Both wonderful! We split our recent september holiday between the two (with additional stays in venice, verona and milan).

Amazing holiday and happy to go into more detail if you need smile

Finlaggan Fri 04-Nov-16 22:13:27

Yes please cluecu! Where did you stay? I can't believe how expensive the eurocamp parks are, but I know the kids would love it.

I've been to Verona once and would love to go back.

Your trip sounds brilliant.

KeepCalm Sat 19-Nov-16 16:53:45

cluecu that's exactly what we're hoping to do summer 2017 so I'd be grateful for tips too smile

KeepCalm Sat 19-Nov-16 18:00:33

The Village Camping isn't giving me any options to price/book for our size of party even though they have cottages that would take a family with our numbers?

I've been side tracked looking at places in Carole, especially as Venice flights are an option however I think I still want to go to the lakes.......... Next time............

SellFridges Sat 19-Nov-16 18:04:01

Have you ever stayed anywhere like Eurocamp before?

We had a couple of days there on the way home from further South in France and I thought it was awful. Caravans were unsafe, cars racing round the site and a small boy seemed to lose a finger when the swimming pool gate slammed back at him.

Obviously the latter could have happened anywhere but I wouldn't recommend.

seminakedinsomebodyelsesroom Sat 19-Nov-16 18:10:44

We did northern Italy this summer with Eurocamp with an 8 and 4 year old. We did a week on Adriatic on two sites, Ca Savio and Portofelice. Ca Savio was the nicer of the two and agree beach is lovely. At Portofelice the caravans were very close together and the non stop 'entertainment' at the pool was annoying. And then a week at Bella Italia on Lake Garda. Bella Italia is good, but huge, huge site! Lake Garda was great though loads to do and places to go, although we didn't like swimming in the lake as much as the sea and the beach at Bella Italia is rocky.

I would recommend looking into booking accommodation direct with the sites rather than Eurocamp, it can be cheaper.

Finlaggan Fri 02-Dec-16 18:50:09

Thanks we've got a week booked at union lido - booked direct with campsite, so we are looking for a non camping week near/at the lakes now. Thanks for the info.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now