Corsica / Venice

(7 Posts)
MagAbsorb Mon 24-Oct-16 21:28:08

Thinking of going to either Corsica or Venice next Summer. Any recommendations for areas/ places to stay / upmarket family campsites?

Thanks a lot

RaisingSteam Mon 24-Oct-16 21:46:51

We have been to Corsica a couple of times, I remember thinking if we were to come back camping the Calvi/ile Rousse coast is lovely and had promising looking campsites.

RaisingSteam Mon 24-Oct-16 21:51:21

Corsis just fantastic BTW.

Imaystillbedrunk Mon 24-Oct-16 21:53:07

Corsica is one of the best places I have even been. Simply stunning.

iseenodust Sun 30-Oct-16 14:25:52

We stayed in Porto Vecchio on the Corsican east coast which was lovely. There are a couple of fabulous Caribbean standard beaches just south of there with camping nearby. I adore Venice but it will be busy in the summer and wouldn't be my first choice if you have a young family.

Got to say we found Corsica quite expensive so with exchange rate now will be worse. An alternative would be west coast of Sardinia which has gently shelving beaches, great food and is less windy than the north-east coast.

Lizzylou Sun 30-Oct-16 16:18:12

We went to Corsica this year, Calvi. Beautiful place, we loved it. It is pricey though. We were Here
Coincidentally we are going to Italy next year and will day trip Venice.

IAmTheBFG Wed 16-Nov-16 17:54:31

This campsite [[ www.eurocamp.co.uk/campsites/adriatic/ia022-marina-di-venezia/ataglance.html Marina De Venizia]] is lovely. We stayed there two years ago with our children, who were ten and twelve, and really enjoyed our holiday. It is a ten minute bus ride and an hour's boat ride from central Venice and has a lovely pool complex, a beautiful beach and bike hire.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now