2 weeks in Spain - school summer hols - how much?

(11 Posts)
Glowlamp Mon 10-Oct-16 15:24:39

I'm looking for a basic self catering holiday in Spain but I've lost touch with how much I should expect to pay!! Family of four, flying from a Scottish airport with a low cost airline and booking accomodation myself. Also is it better to do it this way or package deal?

beatricequimby Mon 10-Oct-16 15:52:22

I have flights from Prestwick to Mallorca for two hundred pounds each for next July. Three bed apartment with shared pool, air con in (I hope) a nice area but not the absolute nicest for two thousand pounds for 14 nights. Should be a lot cheaper if you are looking to sleep four, esp if you would do sofa bed in the living room, although personally I hate that but then we have more people in the apartment.

It is easy to get cheap flights to Barcelona, Malaga or Alicante from Scotland, not sure about other destinations.

beatricequimby Mon 10-Oct-16 15:53:28

And yes it is much cheaper to book separately than get a package.

Glowlamp Mon 10-Oct-16 16:18:45

That is vey helpful. I'd be looking at 2 bedrooms for sanity purposes!! Malaga area is one option. I am looking at 1500-1600 in a nice (ish) area too so that sounds about right.
Not sure whether to book now or wait til all the cheap flight operators have released flights..... Hmmm...

beatricequimby Mon 10-Oct-16 20:03:28

Well it is Ryanair or Easyjet from Scotland. If you can get reasonable prices now I would go for it. Same with accommodate, a lot of it is already booked. I think fewer people are going to Turkey, Tunisia,etc so there are more people looking at mainland Europe for next summer.

Dowser Sat 15-Oct-16 11:10:41

In Tenerife right now. The restaurants don't appear to have put up prices but my daughter is here with her three doing sc and the money being spent on meals and drinks is astronomical.
1.08 to the £1 here

I'd have a look at All inclusive
She's spending 100 euros a day on food and her husband hasn't arrived yet.

Hersetta427 Thu 27-Oct-16 14:24:36

We hired a 3 bed house for £450 pw in august (nr Murcia) and flights where approx. £200-250pp

Missanneshirley Thu 03-Nov-16 21:35:23

Beatrice is that Ryan air flights?

Desperatemummy1 Tue 08-Nov-16 21:10:33

We've just booked flights for 5 of us Edi - Alc July next year with easyjet for £1050 plus a villa on the costa blanca - Javea, a resort we have visited a number of times, for 2 weeks ( sharing it with family) £1000 for the villa with car hire comes to £2300 self catering. Far cheaper than the £6000 AI holiday I was looking at from Edinburgh - maybe the year after!

VintagePerfumista Sun 13-Nov-16 17:01:09

I have booked Menorca, full board for dd and I (one week only) third week August for 1500.

lovelyupnorth Tue 29-Nov-16 13:38:28

we did family of four flying from Prestwick to Alicante, booked car hire and hired a self-catering villa with pool cost us less than grand. did go end of august so flights with ryanair where only about £400.00 as the scottish schools had gone back

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now