Snowdonia in October

(5 Posts)
piraterach Tue 04-Oct-16 20:14:28

Hi
Me, DH and DDog are off to snowdonia next week. We're staying spitting distance from Snowdon. Neither of us have ever been to Wales before. Anyone got any tips on what to check out while we're there? smile

ovenchips Fri 07-Oct-16 11:13:18

Hi there. Sorry I can't help you with Snowdonia info, but notice this has been posted in shorthaul section. You might get more replies if you change it to UK travel or chat (can't beat the footfall)? Have a lovely time.

welshgirlwannabe Fri 07-Oct-16 11:35:47

I can see snowdon from my window smile I'll help.

I'm assuming you like mountains and dog walking? You're in for a treat

Walk up snowdon if the weather is suitable/ you're up for it.
Betws y Coed for cakes, coffee and a walk to fairy Glen or some lovely lakes.
Beddgelert for yet more walking and afternoon tea!
If you're a keen climber tryfan is a popular challenging scramble.
Llanberis is a very pretty town at the foothill of snowdon with some nice cafes, an industrial heritage museum that is both fun and free and some gentle woodland walks. Also has a small castle.
Caernarfon has a very impressive castle well worth a visit, as is Conwy castle.
Leave the mainland and head to Anglesey for stunning beaches. Newborough is gorgeous, wild and dog friendly.
Also on Anglesey is the lovely village of Beaumaris. Stop for fish and chips and then carry on up the road to Penmon point: beach, lighthouse, old priory and beautiful headland.
Look for a guide to the coastal path network online or once you get here. The coastal walks are amazing.
If you're into a bit of an adrenaline rush zip world in bethesda has the world's fastest zip line.
Surf snowdonia for surfing lessons and guaranteed waves (Google it).
Llandudno for slightly naff end of pier amusement arcades.

We've had spectacular weather this week, hopefully it holds so you can see Wales in its glory!

welshgirlwannabe Fri 07-Oct-16 11:37:09

Wow that was long blush I don't work for the tourism board, just enthusiastically typing as I try to feed the baby to sleep!

piraterach Sun 09-Oct-16 20:55:35

Thanks so much! We leave tomorrow so will definitely look up your suggestions!

Thanks again grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now