Bergamo or Malaga!!!

(8 Posts)
spinyffud Mon 19-Sep-16 08:51:07

I know this is rather random, but my husband and I have decided to go away for 4 or 5 days on 8th October.

We have found cheap flights to both of the above.

I've been to Malaga a few times and always enjoyed it. The idea of sunshine is appealing. But equally I've never been to Milan/ bergamo and think a few days exploring the area and enjoying the food would be great! I suppose I'm only concerned that weather in bergamo will be bad.

Has anyone any tips or thoughts on what they would rate better? Thanks!

NicknameUsed Mon 19-Sep-16 08:52:48

In October I would always book the kind of holiday where there are things to do/see if the weather isn't great. City breaks are great for this.

Hobbitfeet32 Mon 19-Sep-16 08:55:17

Bergamo is beautiful.

Wolpertinger Mon 19-Sep-16 09:02:09

What do you want to do on holiday? Malaga will be sun and beach and that's it. Personally I'd love Bergamo as it has amazing Renaissance art, Italian food, ditto Milan, opera at La Scala and so on. Weather should be mild and pleasant but some rain - ideal time to go out of season to avoid crowds and baking heat.

However if this is not your idea of a holiday (I'm currently in Rome going round every church I can grin) then definitely go to Malaga.

HateHimReallyDo Mon 19-Sep-16 09:04:13

At first glance I thought this was a baby names thread! 😂

BarbaraofSeville Mon 19-Sep-16 09:49:50

There's loads more to Malaga than sun and beach hmm.

Lovely city architecture, Picasso Museum, two great old monuments (Castle and Gibralfaro), tapas, lovely squares and parks and yes the sun and the beach. Not saying that Milan and Bergamo are not lovely, but no need to write off Malaga, it's a great place to visit.

Day trip to Granada or inland into the mountains to see the white villages.

freelancegirl Mon 19-Sep-16 10:07:34

I was about to chime in about Malaga too. It's an amazing city full of history and culture and brilliant, atmospheric tapas bars everywhere. It has a moorish castle, the Picasso museum and the Pompidou Centre and a really nice re-vamped port. Lovely shops. Plus it will be warm. Milan is great too. Quite an industrial city but Malaga is likely to be warmer.

spinyffud Mon 19-Sep-16 19:53:14

I've been to Malaga last September and absolutely loved it. So much to see and do and the weather was brilliant. Overall I much prefer Italy to Spain though, but have been to Tuscany already this year and am worried that bergamo will be a little chilly or wet. A friend has just suggested Alicante, although the prices for flights are a little more expensive. Thanks for all the tips!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now