Venice or Prague for special birthday weekend break?

(6 Posts)
hyperhypermum Sun 18-Sep-16 09:09:48

3 nights in May. Not been to either but always wanted to. Which would people recommend in terms of weather, things to do and cost/value for money. Don't like sweltering weather in cities. Any hotel recommendations?

Thank you 😊

Makemineacabsauv Sun 18-Sep-16 19:55:02

Oh I 'be never been to Prague but love Venice and never found it too hot and sweaty even in summer. We didn't stay in Venice but just outside and travelled in. Fab place and there are sum mums betters who live there who have lots of great advice.

spinyffud Mon 19-Sep-16 08:17:20

Venice. Have been to both cities and Venice is simply unique and unlike anywhere else I've visited. We went in October and the weather was lovely. We stayed in an air bnb place and had a very relaxing long weekend. I want to go back!!!

2016Hopeful Mon 19-Sep-16 11:48:02

We visited Venice in the summer for a day in August. It was amazing!!!! I really want to go back for longer. Just beautiful.

Allalonenow Mon 19-Sep-16 12:03:28

Venice, you will have a wonderful time!

SJane45S Wed 21-Sep-16 08:24:10

Both are very beautiful - Venice will be warmer and busier and more expensive! You won't have the summer crowds in May in Venice but it's always pretty busy! Prague is gorgeous, will be less busy but when we last went there were a lot of p@ssed up stag groups staggering around at night. I'd go for Prague personally, DH would go for Venice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now