SAD sufferers - winter break in the Canaries?

(2 Posts)
wageslave Thu 15-Sep-16 16:15:17

I suffer from SAD a lot during the winter, and am thinking of booking a week to 10 days in the Canaries, during the last 2 weeks of November. Can anyone advise please of which island to go to? I am not really interested in active nightlife, but keener on wildlife and culture. And likely to self cater or Airbnb. Fwiw I've a bad back so can't really risk flying much further afield, but would like as much sunshine as possible.

Shorty1983 Tue 20-Sep-16 23:57:44

I've been to Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote (and did a day Trip to Fuerteventura from Lanzarote) and the only island I've returned to is Lanzarote. Am returning in November for what I think will be my 10th visit. Love the island and try to get out every November to break up the winter. Always stay in Costa Teguise - lovely resort, plenty of shops, bars, restaurants, beaches and some nice (flat) walks. Also plenty of excursions to do while over there. We always use a firm called last minute. If you google 'last minute excursions Lanzarote' you should find their website with details of all their daily excursions. Plenty of nice self catering places in Costa Teguise: Celeste Apartments, Oceano, Oasis Lanz, Galeon Playa, are all good accommodation, in good central locations. Do a bit of research but I can't recommend Costa Teguise and Lanzarote enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now