Which hotel for a Portaventura visit next summer?

(10 Posts)
CharleyDavidson Sat 03-Sep-16 17:28:45

I don't want much...

Just
Easy to get to the Portaventura park (walking or public transport)
Walkable to a beach/shops/places to eat.
Room big enough for me to stay with my and my 2 girls.
All inclusive or half board would be welcome.

TIA

CharleyDavidson Sat 03-Sep-16 17:33:46

Will be hoping to book it as a package as it's just me and the DDs and I don't want to be having any ishoos with booking the separate parts of the trip.

Next July, summer holidays.

imjessie Sat 03-Sep-16 17:34:42

The portaventura hotel or gold river have direct access albeit at different parts of the park . We have been 4 X and love it . Always staying at the portaventura hotel which is nearest to the water park .

imjessie Sat 03-Sep-16 17:36:07

The dedicated hotels give you free access to the parks . The rooms aren't big though and they only have one type of rooms with 2 X doubled beds . The hotels over the road may have bigger rooms but you need to get a bus to the parks .

imjessie Sat 03-Sep-16 17:37:41

The portaventura hotel is only half board . We find that enough to be honest as we just grab an ice cream or small snack in the park or you can make sandwiches from the buffet if you feel like it . Feel free to ask me any questions .

bumblefeline Sat 03-Sep-16 19:32:24

We love the Gold River hotel, bit of a trek into Salou though.

We just got back yesterday from the El Paso hotel, you still have park entry but it is walkable into Salou and it is all inclusive. It is quite pricey for next year though.

The Villa Romana, Sol Costa Daurada, Salauris Palace and Belvedere might be good options as well as they are quite near to the park, but not too far to walk into town.

imjessie Sat 03-Sep-16 20:17:24

Which one did you prefer bumble ? And how were the queues in August ? The gold river pool doesn't look very inviting .

imjessie Sat 03-Sep-16 20:17:52

Oops .. I meant to add I prefer the location of the gold river as it gets you ahead of the pack .

bumblefeline Sat 03-Sep-16 20:48:55

I preferred the Gold River. The pools are deceptive. They look murky on pics but are lovely once you are there. We have also done the hotel Portaventura twice. Out of all of them I liked the El Paso the least. I really missed the direct park access.

The food standards seemed awful compared to the Gold River and Portaventura hotel, also with being all inclusive it was impossible at times to get a sunbed which does not happen at the other park hotels.

Theme park was horrifically busy, we got fast passes and they were well worth it. The theme park seems to have been taken over by mobility scooters though, with whole families using them wrecklessly.

Can't wait for Ferrari land to open next year smile

imjessie Sat 03-Sep-16 22:57:07

Thanks for your reply . I don't fancy El Paso because of that . It's not that expensive really but I don't fancy the park in August to be honest ! The kids want to go back though so we will see . ! We have always gone in May before and it was all very bare able . We love the food at the portaventura hotel so good to know the good river is as good .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now