Super dirt cheap Majorca

(10 Posts)
SkydivingFerret Sat 27-Aug-16 21:25:42

I want to go to Majorca for 3/4 nights in September. It needs to be dirt cheap all inclusive but still reasonably nice with a pool. We're not into clubbing so magaluf is probably out, and would have liked sa coma or alcudia but the transfer would take too long so probably looking at the east coast

BarbaraofSeville Tue 30-Aug-16 09:18:46

Wouldn't the east coast (Cala D'Or etc) transfer take a similar amount of time to getting to Alcudia?

Jet2holidays and Easyjet holidays do holidays of any length so have a look at their late deals to see what they have available?

I think Palma Nova is cheap and cheerful but not as clubby as Magaluf - where families go for a bargain break rather than drinking and clubbing in Magaluf.

I suppose where you get with 'dirt cheap all inclusive but still reasonably nice' will depend hugely on what your definitions of dirt cheap and reasonably nice are.

We did a last minute break in early July (booked less than a week in advance) that was about £230 pp for flights and hotel for 3 nights, but it was B&B and the hotel was actually very nice and not the cheapest available by a long shot.

cherrypiemay16 Tue 30-Aug-16 09:22:17

Cala Major is a lovely beach super close to Palma so great for a short trip. Plenty of super markets so you can keep it cheap that way smile

AliceMum09 Sat 03-Sep-16 21:57:46

A lot of the journey north to Alcudia and Puerto Pollensa is motorway, we always use a private transfer and it's less than an hour's drive.

I think it might take longer to get over to the east coast resorts.

SkydivingFerret Sat 03-Sep-16 23:12:36

Oops I didn't see these replies! Thanks for your thoughts, I meant the west coast not east coast...d'oh!

We're going to arenal which apparently isn't brilliant but it is cheap!

grannyinwaiting Sat 03-Sep-16 23:32:43

We have just come back from sa coma
Super cheap if a little er.. basic apartments. Lovely pool and just away from the noise. Honestly you won't get cheaper. We found them.on love holidays and paid just over 1000 for flights accommodation and transfers in mid August. Gorgeous town and some where to sleep.

grannyinwaiting Sat 03-Sep-16 23:33:08

Self catering though.

grannyinwaiting Sat 03-Sep-16 23:34:14

For 4 of us I meant to put!

SaoirseLikeInertia Sat 03-Sep-16 23:37:40

We've been to Arenal a few times in October and it's fine, we were hoping to go back this year but couldn't get flights to suit. It has a lovely long beach/promenade and there are some really nice restaurants. It's handy for a day trip into Palma, costs a couple of quid on the bus. We'very found the people to be very friendly too. It's a bit run down looking in places, but clean- there is no litter. There is a fab market too, think it's on a Thursday.

SkydivingFerret Sun 04-Sep-16 06:55:59

Oh excellent we might have to check that out then! I do love a nose round a market

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now